Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Bear Firebird Youth Bow
|Price:||$42.85 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$7.14 (14%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made of highest quality material
- Manufacturer: Bear Archery
- Bear Archery Firebird Youth recurve bow Ayb6601
- Entry-level youth bow recommended for ages 12 and up
- Bow features durable composite limbs, can be used by both left and right handed shooters
- 60-Inch overall bow length, 22 to 28-Inch draw length, and 30 to 35-Pound draw weight
- Limbs 100% covered at no charge for first 5 years after purchase
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About Bear Archery Founded over 50 years ago by Fred Bear himself, Bear Bows is dedicated to the hunt. Using Fred's extensive experience as an expert marksman and craftsman, the company continues to produce innovative and celebrated equipment for archers of all types. Whether you're looking for a first bow for practice, honing your skills on targets, or out in the field, it'll go better with a Bear by your side. Perfect for right- or left-handed shooters. 22- to 28-inch draw length. 30 to 35 lb. draw weight. Durable composite limbs. 60-inch overall bow length. Suggested age range: 12 and up. Includes bow only.
Top Customer Reviews
-Solid build. Fiberglass limbs and a synthetic handle and rest.
-easy to learn. With a few instructional videos, you'll be an amateur within minutes.
- Cheap- perfect for someone who wants to try archery for a low cost.
- easy to string- I had a little trouble at first because I don't have a stringer but I eventually figured it out.
- Perfect draw weight- for beginners, 35 lbs seems to be the best starter. Now obviously it's pretty easy to pull back if you aren't a young child, but it's perfect for practicing good form. Something you need before moving on to 50+ lb bows.
- Fun- obviously, you want this to be worth your while. This bow is fun to shoot and a great way to indulge yourself into the hobby of archery.
*Now obviously, not everything about this bow is perfect.
- HANDLE- now here's where most of the criticism originates in most reviews. Very very cheap method of gluing. I mean, c'mon, really Bear? Does not look durable at all. Definitely won't last forever. If you have some tennis grips like me, those are nice to use as a replacement or as bondage to keep the handle attached.
- Arrow rest- Another big downfall of this bow. The arrow rest is so ridiculously cheap that I doubt it will last a week. Just like the handle, it's going to detach soon. And after just 20 minutes of shooting (about 20-30 arrows), there were very noticeable wear marks and scratches. I'd definitely plan on doing something to replace it down the road.
-Factory marks- right out of the box, you are encountered by unappealing scratches and marks on the two limbs. Manufacturing was not a very careful process. Also, there were a few nubs and drop-like marks on the limbs, even though I have never dropped it.
Overall: this bow is perfect for teenage-adult beginners. Probably not the best for a young child. The Barnett Lil' Banshee is great for that. The bow itself is well constructed and great quality (most of it). Such a great price of you are looking for a good gateway bow into archery. It is fun to shoot and is sure to get you interested in all things archery. The downfall, obviously, is the cheapy handle and weak arrow rest. But those can be easily fixed and inexpensively too. And so if you're wondering if this bow is the right starter for you, I'd say that it is fantastic and definitely recommended.
Let me tell you all about this fiberglass 35 lbs draw at 28" recurve bow..This bow packs a hell of a punch for being rated as a youth bow. I love this bow!!! I'm 30 years old and have a wife and 2 kids we all loved shooting this bow so much I'm ordering 3 more for my family for Christmas so we all can shoot and practice together in our back yard. It's super durable, Balanced perfectly shoots like a dream and is super quiet and smooth on your arrows feathers. This bow was designed to be shot with feathered arrows not vanes folks. For personnel reasons do your self a favor and remove the rest that this bow comes with and shoot your feathered arrows off the shelf this bow comes with the accuracy is unbelievable i can hit a 6-inch rubber rat we had left over from Halloween at 30 yards no problem!! Just practice folks that's all you have to do to get use to shooting with no sights it will come to you it's not the bows fault. This bow is super easy to string "Note" if you place your knee agents the inside of the bow limb using your body weight and lean into the bow and bring up your string over the bows knock. Very very simple to do even for beginners now lets get to the bow string that comes with this bow. This bows string that it comes with is made of nylon cord with two crimps on the ends. A far string to get use to using but do your self a favor go to 3 rivers archery.com and order a 14-strand 56" recurve bow string. With proper waxing during use and storage it will last for years!! Use this bow string that comes with your bow as a back up. The string the bow comes with is the perfect size folks for a 60" recurve bow. If your recurve bow is 60" long then your bow string must be exactly 56" long. A recurve bows string must be 4" shorter then your bow to give the bow the right amount of bend in the bow to produce the poundage your bow is rated at when drawed. I have been shooting bear recurve bows for over 15 years now and have many of Fred's bows. But for under $60.00 bucks this bow is perfect for the budget archer and or beginner or adult who loves archery too..Folks lets cut to the chase money is tight for many archers now at days. If you love archery this bow is just for you if you want to target shoot or even small game hunt with it "NOTE" Always check your local hunting regulations first before hunting with your bow!! Make sure before going into the field or woods your bows factory rated poundage is allowed for the small game in your state your looking to hunt. This bow is more then suitable for taking small game. Not big game like deer but small game like rabbits,squirrels, birds oh you better believe it!!! THIS BOW IS NOT A TOY FOLKS!!!!
Marry Christmas to you all and have a happy new year
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So the bowstring it comes with is a thin paracord type string, not a dacron...Read more