Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on May 28, 2016
Excellent, highly accurate scale. When I bake I always use the same plastic containers for measuring flour, sugar, etc., and you can tell how accurate a scale is by looking at the weight of these items before you tare. A good scale will always show the same weight, while with lower quality scales the weight will vary based on precisely where you put the item on the scale. This scale always measures the 113.6 gram container that I use for flour within one-tenth of a gram. Like all scales I recommend getting a calibration weight to ensure accuracy over time.
on December 30, 2011
The scale works fine but what nobody tells you before you buy it, is that if you want to calibrate it you have to have a 500g weight. If you try it with any another calibration weight, the scale will not give you the correct weight until you have recalibrated it with the proper weight.
on May 26, 2011
After a good deal of research, and after returning a competing product that seemed like a toy compared to this scale, I found the Escali L600 at Amazon for two-thirds the price asked elsewhere.

PROS:
-- Solid construction
-- easy to use
-- highly accurate,
-- performs exactly as advertised
-- good price

CONS:
-- Might be a bit bulky for some users;
-- 9-volt AC adapter recommended by Escali may be incorrect for this scale, which uses four 1.5 volt batteries totallng 6 volts, not 9 volts
on March 10, 2009
This scale is pretty much perfect for what I need. I bought the scale to measure coffee for espresso shots as I want to get precise gram measurements. Having the 1/10 gram precision means that I know that I can reliably repeat the weight and not be off by 1-2 grams as I would if the precision was only in whole grams.

Incidentally, my daughter said that it is exactly the scales that she uses in her high school science class.

The "tare" feature is perfect as I can use any container with the scale. Also, if you turn on the scale with a container already on it, the scale sets to zero. This is a small thing, but it makes measuring even simpler. The design of the scale is simple and the quality seems good, especially for the money.
on November 1, 2009
I needed this scale to measure silicone and resin for molding the skeletal parts for my stop motion puppets. I have since covered the thing in these materials so it looks beat up from just a little use. However, it has served it's purpose. My only complaint would be that sometimes it doesn't like to register small amounts of the materials I'm weighing until I let it sit for a moment or two. But it's a good product.
on January 5, 2011
This accurate scale is useful for many things. I use it for cooking, arts and crafts and home projects. Measures from 600 down to 0.1 gram - also can measure in ounces, easily tares out for adding ingredients. Backlit and easy to read screen with a fairly large weighing surface for bulky bowls or paint cans. Runs on batteries but I recommend the 9-volt adapter for those times you can plug it in. Have bought several scales over the years and so far this one seems the most versatile and useful for the price.
on April 12, 2017
Escali makes an excellent product that lasts.
on August 15, 2012
Amazon says this product has an item display weight of 3.00 pounds. It does not; its maximum display weight is about 21 ounces (600 grams to be exact.) Apparently Amazon has the item display weight confused with the shipping weight which is, indeed, 3 pounds.

Amazon also says the product has a lifetime warranty. It does not. The literature that came with the scale says it has a one-year warranty.

Amazon lists two other products that are frequently bought with the L600 including a 50-gram calibration weight. I will grant you that people, in fact, probably do frequently buy the 50-gram weight since it is listed on the page. But, if you buy the 50-gram weight it won't do you any good, except perhaps if you need a 50-gram paper weight. The L600 requires a 500-gram weight to calibrate it. The Amazon description fails to mention this.

The product seems to be good but Amazon's description doesn't match the product; therefore, the 1-star rating.
on November 24, 2014
WORTHLESS. Bought two of these and neither one worked. One fell apart as we removed it from its package.
Would NOT buy this product or anything else made by Escali.
on June 8, 2013
I bought this scale and use it regularly - so far no show stopping issues. I thought it had a counting feature - it may have, but so far I haven't found it. Like all things today - they work, but not as advertised.

May 2016 - I went to use this and found it no longer works. Waste of money but what should one expect from China?