Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 76 reviews
VINE VOICEon June 11, 2017
This was a surprisingly effective and practical guide to breaking free. So many great tips and useful pieces of advice, my highlighter was working overtime. I practically enjoyed the author's writing style and personal experience. When I start my business, I will be looking back at this book early and often.
on July 24, 2017
I just finished listening to this audiobook. It's a good book for those who are making up their mind on shifting from the corporate world into entrepreneurship. The book could have been shorter. The audiobook was about 10 hours.
on June 24, 2011
I do not know Pam and I don't write reviews that are not true. This is a great book for those thinking about escaping the clutches of corporate America. Pam hits it right on the head about America's changing economy. There is NO job security in corporate America. What I like most about this book is Pam doesn't tell you to throw caution to the wind and quit your day job. What she does tell you is to test your business idea by creating a side gig. Some cubical dwellers may decide that self employment is not for them and she says there's nothing wrong with that. You won't know until you try. She talks about having an escape plan if your business idea doesn't pan out and when it's time to try something else. She talks about the importance of forming a close circle of trusted advisors, a Jedi counsel.

The book will not tell you what business form you should use LLC, S-Corp, etc. or what accounting method you should use. There are plenty of books that can tell you that. If in doubt seek a professional's advise.

Thank you for writing this book Pam. I only hope I have the courage to pursue my dream of having my own business. You are only worth what your employer pays you.

Great book!!! Highly recommended!!!
What I liked most about this book is that Pamela Sim tells it like it is! With insight, humour, research and experience she explains both the up and downsides of quitting your day job to follow your passion and make a living from it.

Whilst highlighting the opportunities and potential pitfalls, she provides a great resource with helpful tools to know what to look out for and what to do. Sim removes the overwhelm many face by tackling the common fears and cutting the essentials like business planning down to size.

As an executive career and lifestyle coach I'll certainly be recommending Cubicle Nation to many of my clients who are contemplating their great escape.
on September 18, 2015
This book completely inspired me as I was making my decision to start my consulting company. I especially loved the chapter on fear and mental blocks. If you're contemplating leaving the corporate world for self-employment, do yourself a giant favour and read this book!
on July 3, 2010
This is a very practical insightful compilation of the author's experiences and advice from other experts in the entrepreneurial field. It guides the reader through the maze of details related to starting a business. It stresses the need for money throughout the process, but it also emphasizes the need and value of personal satisfaction in our money making efforts. I'd been working in cubicles for 20 years and the author knows what she's talking about when she describes the corporate landscape of the majority of white collar employees. The book offers suggestions to justify and prepare for the transition. It points out the need for a business plan, financial strategy, personal support system, marketing approach, along with many other valuable ideas.
It's easy to read and easy to pick up later for reference.
on March 25, 2017
Totally practical, inspiring, helpful, and hilarious.
on September 20, 2017
Good.
on April 25, 2016
Great book. - I'm in a career transition and even though I'm not making the jump to entrepreneurship yet it helps to read her.
on October 28, 2013
Book arrived in great condition from the seller and quickly. Exactly as described, thank you. I saw Pamela on CreativeLive and wanted to add this book to my library.

Montina "Sparkwisdom" Portis
Author of YouTube Video Marketing Secrets Revealed: The Beginners Guide to Online Video Marketing