- File Size: 586 KB
- Print Length: 22 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Caffeine Nights Publishing (March 15, 2016)
- Publication Date: March 15, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01D26ZUJ4
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #219,515 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Escape Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
At 22 pages it really is a short read but after reading this believe me you will be racing off to get the first book in the series as you will want to read more about Cass and what happens next in her life.
The author seems to effortlessly bring to life the fears and emotions that a person who is the subject of domestic abuse is feeling. I have to say for such a short story it had a big impact on me and it did horrify me that anyone would have to suffer at the hands of someone dishing out the abuse that Carl was.
Even though what Cass goes through is a work of fiction, it is sadly something that happens to far too many people in real life and I think that's what makes this short story really hit home and make you care about the main character.
Can't wait to read more.
My heart was in my mouth from the first page till the last, and then the tears came. Domestic violence, in any form, is a very touchy subject and the author portrays it extremely well. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. I will post my review on Amazon, Goodreads and Twitter.
The story begins with Cass, contemplating her less than perfect marriage. From the blurb, and the title, things are bound to escalate. And when they do, when Cass's husband comes home, that scene . . . blimey . . . That scene is one of the most powerful I have read for a very long time.
A great debut from a very talented author.
Can't wait for the novel now :)
This is a prequel to "With Deadly Intent" and tells us about Cass's abusive relationship with Carl, her husband.
Although it's a short story, It is packed full of emotion. I was in tears as Rose, Cass's mum, wonders how she didn't know what was going on in her daughter's life.
An exceptional read.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > British Detectives
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Traditional Detectives
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers