Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 25, 2016
For full review please search "5 Girls Book Reviews" in a search engine and/or Facebook.

REVIEW BY: Michaela , 12 years, 5 months

MAY CONTAIN SPOILER:

This book was great. Mr. Grabenstein has a way with words. This story drew me in and this is probably my favorite book by Grabenstein.

I don't think I have a favorite character because they are all awesome and complexly developed. If I had to choose I think my favorite would be Mr. Lemoncello because he is super fun and wacky.
on December 30, 2016
I read this aloud with my kids, and they loved it so much that we finished it in four days. I think that's a record for a read aloud for us. The puzzles are fun to solve along with the characters, the ideas for the games are so creative I wish they were real, and Mr. Lemoncello seems like a hoot. I like the message as well; the world could use a few more people who are gentle with those around them. This book was certainly a lot of fun, and engaging for both kids and adults alike.
on January 16, 2018
This is the best book in the world

Kyle Keely is the biggest class clown in the class. He gets grounded for breaking a window to win a board game. He dosn't remember the extra credit assignment his teacher gave him. Wheen he figures out that he could get out of his groundation AND get to spend the night in Mr. Lemmoncello's he quickly writes down these words on a peice.of paper "There might be ballons". He dosn't get in but he emails Mr. Lemmoncello a assignment on the computer. When he gets in the next day Mr. Lemmoncello said to him "Kyle Keely. The boy who proved that the game isn't over till it's over". His freind Akimi Hughes also gets in. But among the twelve smarmy Charles Chilington gets in. At first they play games and a lot of stuff and go to bed. The next day they are awoken by the music from Rocky. When they all go into the reading rotunda they here Mr.Lemmoncello talk. Lemoncello is not just a master game maker billionaire he is
also extremely eccentric. They must escape from the library but the library has a vault door and no windows. Can Kyle Keely and his crew of freinds, Akimi hughes, Seirra Russel, Migeul Ferdinand, and Haley Daley team up to beat Charles and Andrew (The others lost)? Find out in thia amazing book by Chris Grabenstein.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
This is a fantastic read for boys and girls alike in the late elementary or early MS years. I bought it for my own kids based on another friend's recommendation, and all three have read and reread it. I have also purchased a copy for cousins, now, in the same age group. As an employee at a public school, I have also hard fantastic reviews from a lot of kids, mostly grades 5-7.
on May 17, 2017
This was a well thought out mystery with a little history. My son and I completed this book together and both enjoyed it. It has a little Charlie and the Chocolate factory meets the Nutty Professor feel. So much detail goes into a book like this. I liked how the players had to discover new things about history and the people they were working with.
on January 9, 2016
What a delightful book! Chris Grabenstein's "Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library" brought me back to my childhood discovering the wonders of my local libraries. I saw myself in several characters and felt as if I was on their team trying to find the answers to the puzzles to escape from the library. I even took the time to solve the bonus puzzle and added several books from the reading list to my to-be-read list. I will definitely recommend this book to my bookstore customers!
This was a family read with my boys (13 and 11 year old twins) and it was great. Willy Wonka meets libraries - it is a briliant concept and the list of books referenced in the novel at the end of the book makes a great reading list. I enjoyed the myriad literary references and the weaving of multiple story lines. All in all this was an engaging book that was easy to follow.
on April 23, 2016
Escape From Mr. Lemoncello's Library is a great book for people who like adventure and puzzle solving. Its well written and easy to read
and I'm sure most of you will like it. (who wouldn't?) So I recommend you try it out and like I said you'll probably like and give it five stars.
And even if your one those few people that don't like adventure and puzzle solving you will now! If you don't read it your missing out on
something! So why not give it a go? and don't forget to leave five stars after you've read it :D
on February 10, 2016
I used this as a literary unit with my students. Great book - fast paced with a lot of references for adults who might be reading with their kids, as well as enough kid centered humor. The characters are believable, likable (and unlikable as well) and very easy to imagine them interacting. Great for mid elementary school age.
on January 11, 2018
Middle school age book. My 3rd grader is a good reader. Loves to read and this was a good fit for her. It is challenging but fun. Would be a great "battle of the books" book for a library program.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse