Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 8, 2017
I have always loved this movie. It was one of my favorite as a kid. I showed it to my kids. The loved it so much we immediately watched the sequel. This is now one of their favorite movies.
3 helpful votes
on June 1, 2016
This was a very entertaining movie. I've seen it a couple of times. Now I have this one( the escape to witch mountain) and also race to witch mountain and return to witch mountain. I enjoy movies more when I can view all episodes in order. This dvd was in excellent condition. I don't like dvds that skip, sound scratchy or the music is louder than the speaking parts.
on July 15, 2003
My first exposure to the siblings from Witch Mountain was years ago, in watching the sequel Return from Witch Mountain. I loved the film, and was thrilled to discover an earlier film shortly after, Escape to Witch Mountain, which introduces us to Tony and Tia as young children.
I haven't read the book on which this film is based, nor am I likely to, so my review is completely unbiased.
Tony and Tia are two young children whose foster parents have just died. The film begins with their arrival at an orphanage, and it isn't long before we're shown just how different these two children are.
A run-in with the district bully quickly earns them a reputation for 'being a couple of weirdos', but it is in saving the life of a man who would otherwise have been possibly killed in a car accident that their adventures really start.
Claimed as niece and nephew by the very man they saved, they are taken to live in the fortress home of mega-rich Aristotle Bolt, who has been told of the children's gifts and typically wants to exploit them for his own gain.
It doesn't take Tony and Tia long to figure out Bolt's agenda and, after hearing plans to have them locked away in an island tower, they run away with the help of a rogue stallion that no one else was able to tame.
From there, the children soon come across grumpy nomad Jason O'Day, who reluctantly takes them in after they beg him for help.
The rest of the film is probably fairly predictable, given your average Disney plots, but still enjoyable nonetheless. Of course there's going to be a 'happily ever after' (at least until the next movie) but the fun is in seeing how they get there. There are still a few surprises in store before the finish, including an escapee bear, a sheriff who learns the tango the hard way, and a chopper pilot who gets a flying lesson like never before.
Escape to Witch Mountain is thoroughly enjoyable, as is its sequel, and are even better for having Ike Eisemann and Kim Richards play the main characters of Tony and Tia in both films.
On another, distantly related note, Disney did produce another Witch Mountain vignette style show some time later, called Beyond Witch Mountain. The story involved Tony and Tia leaving the Witch Mountain community to find their Uncle Bene's long lost grandson. Bolt and O'Day were both along for the ride, but this was not a patch on the two proper movies, and really shouldn't have been made. Especially since it was meant to be just recently after Tony and Tia found their way to Witch Mountain in the first place, and it portrayed Uncle Bene as dying. (Anyone who has seen Return from Witch Mountain knows full well that Uncle Bene was alive and well in that film, and Tony and Tia were bordering on teenhood, by then)
At the end of this particular episode, Tony and Tia also decide to stay away from Witch Mountain, and go with O'Day to continue searching for survivors. As anyone who has watched the two movies would know, their 'holiday' in the second film was supposed to be their first trip away from the mountain community since their original rescue from the clutches of Aristotle Bolt.
I'm aware that some people have been searching for this particular installment. My advice is, don't bother. It does not fit in with the sequence of films, and does not even have the benefit of the original child actors.
Stick with the excellent and unsurpassed Escape to Witch Mountain, and Return from Witch Mountain. These are fantastic films, and worth every cent.
5 helpful votes
on January 31, 2010
The only reason I purchased the Witch Mountain series(Three films) is because
they were produced by Walt Disney; needless to say, I am a devoted Walt Disney fan.
Two children with extraordinary powers of clairvoyance come to the attention
of a dasterdly millionaire who seeks to lure the children to his estate in order to
exploit these powers for his own purposes. Ray Milland aptly portrays this believable, money grabbing, character. While attempting to escape the clutches of
this demon, the children meet a friendly camper, Eddie Albert, who takes the
children under his wing. As the story of the children's origin and powers develops,
the townspeople label them witchs. Then a totally other worldly person appears to
save the day; this person possess even greater powers than the children and proceeds to take them and the audience on a fantastic trip that is truly other
worldly and dazzaling.
3 helpful votes
on November 3, 2016
I remember this movie from long ago when it was new - I enjoyed seeing it again - - - I need to call it up again when my grand-kids are here with me.
on January 22, 2017
Great movie from a time when kids movies were for, and about kids. Lots of fond memories of seeing this in the theatre as a child.
on February 9, 2017
The kids overact, but this is still a fun movie. I like it better than any of the remakes.
on December 13, 2016
I bought this product for a Christmas present it is very nice quality and I would definitely buy it again.
on May 27, 2016
I love this movie! I had to get this movie again to now show my children an old Walt Disney movies. I recommend any Disney lover to watch this movie!
on June 22, 2014
Take two "gifted" children, mix with henchmen, do-gooders and a cross country chase and what do you get?
A classic story that lives on in the imagination! This is well worth it with the bonus material that gives you
a peek into the effort behind the film. Sometimes I wonder if "Spaceballs" borrowed the flying motorhome
from this movie...