Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on August 29, 2015
Short history exploring witch trials outside of the Salem cliche. Looking at a different region, this book still compares situations to Salem to highlight important socio-cultural connections to American society. Short and easy to read.
on February 23, 2013
A great look into the curiosity of witchcraft in 1692. Everyone is familiar with the Salem witch hunt of 1692, but the witch hunt that took place in Stamford, Connecticut is little known. Excellent read.
on August 8, 2014
It is interesting the way the author wrote this book. The first chapters put the frame of the scholar text. It is like reading a novel and then the last chapters gives more scholarly inside of this even. I was surprised that so few people had been killed for witchcraft during the Salem trials. From some pagan friends saying I was under the impression the number was much more high some thousand at least. It is a good book worth reading.
An in-depth look at Puritan Connecticut. Expert coverage of a frightening period in New England's darker history.
on October 11, 2013
I had to read this book for my History class. It was really a great book. I may have to go and read his book on the Salem Witch Trials.
on January 4, 2013
I bought this book for the spring semester. It arrived VERY fast, and is in perfect condition. Use amazon to find your textbooks, I paid about 40-50% less for new books on amazon than I would have paid for used books at my college bookstore. Plus I assume, I'll be able to sell these books to the bookstore and knock even ore off the total price of "renting".
on December 31, 2012
I came across this little book while doing research on my ancestors. After learning I was a direct descendant of Daniel Westcott, I found his connection to late 17th century witchcraft in the colonies. The book is a little dry, but the facts and bits of colonial wisdom were interesting....not to mention Daniel and wife Abigail's approach to dealing with a house servant who in today';s world would be a resident of the top-floor, inpatient, psych ward.
on November 12, 2012
I recieved the product in a great time, the envelop was very protective! I will recomend this store and product to others.
on February 27, 2016
Well described and quick shipping.
on November 6, 2014