Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector, Red Display
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Blistering All-Band Protection
- 360-Degree Radar and Laser Detection, Advanced Digital Signal Processing, AutoSensitivity Mode Automatically Reduces False Alarms, EZ-Programming Allows Instant Customization
- Operating Bands : X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz, K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz, Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz, Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth.
- Radar Receiver / Detector Type : Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO,Scanning Frequency Discriminator,Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Laser Detection : Quantum Limited Video Receiver,Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- Enhanced Radar Protection:Our enhanced "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme long range warning on all radar: conventional and "instant-on" including POP mode, X-band, K-band, and SuperWide Ka-band. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms
- Exclusive AutoSensitivity Mode:ESCORT's patented AutoSensitivity mode intelligently identifies real threats from other radar sources. Plus, our exclusive Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software rejects interstate traffic sensors making it quiet to own and operate
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Escort Passport 9500IX Radar Detector - Red Display
Escort Passport X70 Radar Detector
Escort Max ll HD Radar Detector
Escort Max 360 Radar Detector (Black)
Uniden DFR7 Super Long Range Radar/Laser Detection with GPS
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Save today!||Photo-Zone||Power Sports US|
|Color||Red Display||Red Display||Black||Blue Display||Black||black|
|Item Dimensions||5.32 x 1.25 x 2.85 in||5.35 x 1.4 x 2.9 in||5 x 3 x 1 in||5.25 x 3.25 x 1 in||1.36 x 5.43 x 3.6 in||8.25 x 2.7 x 7 in|
|Style Name||Radar Detector||Radar Detector||Passport X70||Radar Detector||Escort Max 360||DFR7|
Escort Red Radar Detector Map 309.95
From the Manufacturer
Passport 8500 X50
The PASSPORT 8500 X50, or as we like to call it the "X50 Black", delivers a vicious 40% performance improvement. The improved model has a sophisticated new look and includes a fitted travel case and convenient SmartCord.
The Passport 8500 X50's improved "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme detection range on all police radar: conventional and "instant-on" radar, including the new POP mode radar threat, X-Band, and up to 50% more range than the original Passport 8500 on the all-important K and Ka bands.
The advanced technology that allows for a wide detection range is called digital signal processing (DSP) which provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms.The Passport 8500 X50 also includes our proprietary Traffic Sensor Rejection (TSR) software to eliminate false alerts.
Enhanced Radar Protection
Our enhanced "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme long range warning on all radar: conventional and "instant-on" including POP mode, X-band, K-band, and SuperWide Ka-band. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms.
Exclusive AutoSensitivity Mode
ESCORT's patented AutoSensitivity mode intelligently identifies real threats from other radar sources. Plus, our exclusive Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software rejects interstate traffic sensors making it quiet to own and operate.
High-Performance Laser Protection
PASSPORT's multiple high-performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning, with superior off-axis protection. For the ultimate in laser protection add the optional ZR4 Laser Shifter.
Three-Levels of Brightness Control
Choose between Dim, Medium, or Max brightness levels, or fully dark for discreet night driving.
Three High-Resolution Meter Modes
PASSPORT provides three types of meter displays: Standard Bar Graph, exclusive ExpertMeter, and our unique SpecDisplay.
Ultra-Bright Matrix Display
PASSPORT's matrix display uses 280 individual ultra-bright LEDs to provide crystal-clear information for alerts, signal strength and text for programming.
Mute and AutoMute
Patented Mute and AutoMute feature automatically reduces the volume level during an alert to eliminate annoyance from long radar encounters.
New Advanced EZ-Programming
PASSPORT comes ready to use out of the box. However, you can also instantly customize it for your unique driving preferences, including Power-On indication, Meter type, AutoMute, Brightness level, including full Dark Mode, Audio Tones, and selectable radar and laser bands.
What's in the Box
PASSPORT 8500 X50, ESCORT zippered travel case, quick-release windshield mount, coiled SmartCord, comprehensive owner's manual and quick reference card
- Operating Bands: X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz, K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz, Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz, Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
- Radar Receiver / Detector Type: Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO, Scanning Frequency Discriminator, Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Laser Detection: Quantum Limited Video Receiver, Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- Display Type: 280 LED Matrix/Text, Bar Graph, ExpertMeter, SpecDisplay, Three-Level Dimming, plus Dark Mode
- Power Requirement: 12VDC, Negative Ground, Escort SmartCord Included
- Compact Size: 1.25 H x 2.85 W x 5.32 L (inches)
- Sensitivity Control: Highway, Auto and City
- Programmable Features: Power-On Indication, Power-On Sequence, Signal Strength Meter, AutoMute, Audio Tones, City Mode Sensitivity, Display Brightness, Dark Mode, Radar / Laser Bands
- Auto Calibration Circuitry
- Mute, AutoMute and SmartMute
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After owning this product for over a year, and after having also used the 8500IX and the Redline, I have to say that this is still a solid little detector. It doesn't have the best range, and it lacks a lot of convenience features, but for ~$200 detector, this thing really isn't bad. Decent range and sensitivity, cheap, fairly effective. I think this would make a great first detector for anyone.
First off, Escort is a top tier company company when it comes to quality, packaging, and presentation of their products. I personally believe Escort makes the best radar detectors out in the market right now.
When my package arrived, I opened it to find a really nice box that contained a hard carrying case, Window mount, smart cord, and the detector itself. Mounting is very easy and unlike other detectors, this thing will not fly off the hinges on a quick turn or when you peel off at high speeds.
The set up of this detector is really simple and I suggest veiwing a YouTube video that shows how to set up and use the multiple functions on the product.
**To access the menu, hold down the two buttons in the front of the detector for a few seconds immediately after you power the detector on. There you will find multiple settings you can tune to your preference.
I run the automatic setting with only the KA band detector turned on. With this on I never get any false alerts, in fact most false alerts come from having K and X bands, and since all the police in my area use KA band, I found this to be beneficial to me.
The detection range is spot on, I usually get 15+ seconds of alert to an approaching radar which is more than enough time to slow down. The beep can be set to very high volume and I can hear it clearly even when playing music very loud and with my loud exhaust on my Infiniti G37.
All in all, there is no other radar detector brand you should consider besides Escort, due to the insane detection quality of this product. I have gone through Cobras, whistlers, etc and none of them hold a candle to Escort products.
I was going to buy this at full price, but had to jump on the Lightning deal when it was available. If your budget is higher go for the next tier in Escorts line of detectors for an even greater detection range and features.
If not you definitely need to get the 8500x50, it has saved me$1000's in tickets already!
EDIT: I still think this is a perfectly good radar detector, but if i had it to do over again i would buy one that has GPS and false alarm lockout. I drive the same route every day and this thing goes off in the same spots every time. Sure i can mute it but it would be nice to have one of the detectors that just remembers and ignores where your false alarms are. Still though it's a good product and i haven't had a ticket since purchasing it.