Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector, Blue Display
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Want this professionally installed?
- Setting up one customer-supplied Radar Detector
- Mounting to rear view mirror or customer-provided dash mount
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Blistering All-Band Protection
- 360-Degree Radar and Laser Detection
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- AutoSensitivity Mode Automatically Reduces False Alarms
- EZ-Programming Allows Instant Customization
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item Escort Passport 8500X50 Black Radar Detector, Blue Display
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||High Life||Amazing Dealzzz||less & fast||Car Toys||Beach Camera Same Day Shipping|
|Color||Blue Display||Black||Red Display||Black||Black||Black|
Escort BLUE RADAR DETECTOR MAP 339.95
From the Manufacturer
Passport 8500 X50
The PASSPORT 8500 X50, or as we like to call it the "X50 Black", delivers a vicious 40% performance improvement. The improved model has a sophisticated new look and includes a fitted travel case and convenient SmartCord.
The Passport 8500 X50's improved "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme detection range on all police radar: conventional and "instant-on" radar, including the new POP mode radar threat, X-Band, and up to 50% more range than the original Passport 8500 on the all-important K and Ka bands.
The advanced technology that allows for a wide detection range is called digital signal processing (DSP) which provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms.The Passport 8500 X50 also includes our proprietary Traffic Sensor Rejection (TSR) software to eliminate false alerts.
Enhanced Radar Protection
Our enhanced "V-Tuned" radar receiver provides extreme long range warning on all radar: conventional and "instant-on" including POP mode, X-band, K-band, and SuperWide Ka-band. Digital Signal Processing (DSP) provides maximum range, with minimum false alarms.
Exclusive AutoSensitivity Mode
ESCORT's patented AutoSensitivity mode intelligently identifies real threats from other radar sources. Plus, our exclusive Traffic Signal Rejection (TSR) software rejects interstate traffic sensors making it quiet to own and operate.
High-Performance Laser Protection
PASSPORT's multiple high-performance laser sensors provide maximum laser warning, with superior off-axis protection. For the ultimate in laser protection add the optional ZR4 Laser Shifter.
Three-Levels of Brightness Control
Choose between Dim, Medium, or Max brightness levels, or fully dark for discreet night driving.
Three High-Resolution Meter Modes
PASSPORT provides three types of meter displays: Standard Bar Graph, exclusive ExpertMeter, and our unique SpecDisplay.
Ultra-Bright Matrix Display
PASSPORT's matrix display uses 280 individual ultra-bright LEDs to provide crystal-clear information for alerts, signal strength and text for programming.
Mute and AutoMute
Patented Mute and AutoMute feature automatically reduces the volume level during an alert to eliminate annoyance from long radar encounters.
New Advanced EZ-Programming
PASSPORT comes ready to use out of the box. However, you can also instantly customize it for your unique driving preferences, including Power-On indication, Meter type, AutoMute, Brightness level, including full Dark Mode, Audio Tones, and selectable radar and laser bands.
What's in the Box
PASSPORT 8500 X50, ESCORT zippered travel case, quick-release windshield mount, coiled SmartCord, comprehensive owner's manual and quick reference card
- Operating Bands: X-band 10.525 GHz ± 25 MHz, K-band 24.150 GHz ± 100 MHz, Ka-band 34.700 GHz ± 1300 MHz, Laser 904nm, 33 MHz Bandwidth
- Radar Receiver / Detector Type: Superheterodyne, Varactor-Tuned VCO, Scanning Frequency Discriminator, Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Laser Detection: Quantum Limited Video Receiver, Multiple Laser Sensor Diodes
- Display Type: 280 LED Matrix/Text, Bar Graph, ExpertMeter, SpecDisplay, Three-Level Dimming, plus Dark Mode
- Power Requirement: 12VDC, Negative Ground, Escort SmartCord Included
- Compact Size: 1.25 H x 2.85 W x 5.32 L (inches)
- Sensitivity Control: Highway, Auto and City
- Programmable Features: Power-On Indication, Power-On Sequence, Signal Strength Meter, AutoMute, Audio Tones, City Mode Sensitivity, Display Brightness, Dark Mode, Radar / Laser Bands
- Auto Calibration Circuitry
- Mute, AutoMute and SmartMute
Top customer reviews
After owning this product for over a year, and after having also used the 8500IX and the Redline, I have to say that this is still a solid little detector. It doesn't have the best range, and it lacks a lot of convenience features, but for ~$200 detector, this thing really isn't bad. Decent range and sensitivity, cheap, fairly effective. I think this would make a great first detector for anyone.
EDIT: I still think this is a perfectly good radar detector, but if i had it to do over again i would buy one that has GPS and false alarm lockout. I drive the same route every day and this thing goes off in the same spots every time. Sure i can mute it but it would be nice to have one of the detectors that just remembers and ignores where your false alarms are. Still though it's a good product and i haven't had a ticket since purchasing it.
We've had this radar detector for about 8 months now and it is THE BEST radar detector we've ever owned. It catches the cops a miles away. It definitely has saved us on tickets. I love the smart cord, the mute feature is great and very handy for my short arms that can't reach easily to the mount. Overall great buy!
Average radar range gives about 20-30sec to slow depending on highway speeds.
Minimal false alerts and maximum range. No frills - No voice, sws, compass, etc. Just does what you bought it for BEST.
Most recent customer reviews
I've had one before and it went missing in a recent move.Read more