Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on February 15, 2013
I ordered two of these kits for my husband's and my new cameras (Nikon CoolPix P510). I'll review each item in the kit separately.

Battery & Charger - Handy to have, and both work as they should. The European plug is a nice addition, but I personally don't have a use for it. The battery is not a Nikon OEM battery, but for the price, I already expected it to be a third party product.

Tripod - It's a Vivitar brand, which is a brand nearly everyone has heard of, but the tripod is pretty flimsy. As long as you don't extend the lower poles, it's adequate, but those lower poles are very thin. It wouldn't take much to bend or break them.

Case - It's a sufficient size for our camera with plenty of space and pockets for small items. The strap seems sturdy. However, on one of the cases we received, the zipper is messed up. There are two pulls that unzip the zipper to the main compartment, and one of the pulls "skips" and doesn't close the zipper properly in one area. I just moved that pull to the back and will use the other pull instead. It's a little annoying, but it's not worth the trouble to exchange it. The case feels like it's nicely-padded and the adjustable interior divider helps customize it for different cameras. I've got my camera in it, along with the cleaning kit and cloth, the battery, charger, and car charger, and if I wanted to, there is probably room to put two cans of soda in the main compartment (not that I would do that - LOL! - but that's approximately how much space is left).

Screen Protectors - Not thrilled with these. You have to cut them to size, and they're difficult to put on. It's virtually impossible to remove all the bubbles. The cardboard "squeegie" that's included actually scratched the screen protector. I had slightly better results using my debit card to push some of the bubbles out. Many bubbles remain, though. It's VERY noticeable when the camera is off, but when the screen is lit up, it's not as noticeable. There are 3 screen protectors in the package, so if the application isn't semi-acceptable the first time, you can try again. I found it helpful to SLIGHTLY snip the corners at a 45 degree angle to round them off a bit, so that they don't snag on anything as easily (just enough to trim down the pointy corners).

Cleaning Cloth and Kit - Seem to be adequate.

Card Reader - I haven't used it since my computer has a card reader already built in. Nice to have it, though.

Mini USB Cable - Haven't used it yet, but it seems sturdy enough.

In summary, I feel that it was an okay kit for the money. If the case's zipper wasn't messed up, and if the screen protectors and tripod were improved, I would've given the kit 5 stars.
on October 10, 2012
Pros:
Cheap
Wall/Car Charger
Extra Battery
Case that fits it all
HDMI Cable (braided!!)
Card reader (although it's not the one in the picture)

Cons:
Cheap construction of tri-pod. A absolutely terrible tri-pod honestly. Throwing away.
Screen protectors aren't made for camera - they're the universal cut-to-size and don't even stick all the way on without bubbles.
Microfibers cloths are horrible. They leave little fibers everywhere unlike actual microfiber cloths with leave no fibers behind.
Arrived 5 days later than the estimated longest shipping date- missed the birthday!!!

Overall It's worth it for the charger, batteries, HDMI cable, and the case. You get what you pay for, but everything other than the former items listed are junk and might as well be thrown away. Don't expect it to arrive on time, they ship late and take forever.
on July 25, 2016
This kit is a great deal, the Nikon COOLPIX P530 I purchased only came with a USB battery charger and wall adapter for charging the battery while it is still in the camera , so I was looking for a wall charger that you take the battery out of the camera and snap it in the wall charger, And this kit has that kind of wall charger and also comes with an extra battery and numerous other useful items such as the tripod and the very high quality case, extra USB cable and lens cleaner. all for a bargain price . I highly recommend this kit
on November 18, 2017
It's a good bang for your buck. The tripod was a bit flimsy and cheap, but still usable (until my 3 year old cousin made it fall over and broke it, RIP). if you have a Nikon Coolpix P530 you won't be able to use everything in this kit, but I mainly purchased it for the camera bag and tripod. I still use my camera bag to this day. It's good quality and isn't too big or too small, and it can fit more than just my camera. I also store camera cleaning supplies and a headlamp (never know when you will need extra light in a photoshoot) so I find it super useful.
on December 25, 2012
The bag is nice, not over sized but has enough room to place the camera along with a few cables, adapters, charger, cleaning clothes..ect.

The strap is long enough to be comfortable and not turn the bag into a camera purse.

The bag also has a nice padded little divider inside so the camera is able to sit in the bag without bouncing around and bumping into any of your accessory's you also have inside the main compartment, the divider is removable if for some reason you don't want it it just velcros into the sides of the bag.

The tripod is good enough for taking stable shots with slower shutter speeds but it is not a PRO level tripod too flimsy for any sort of hardcore use, But made will enough you can trust your camera on it safely as long as you made sure the clamps are down and everything is properly tightened, Not sure how it handles high winds yet as it is pretty light weight so be cautious.

Being lightweight isn't really a knock on the tripod though cause this would have it's uses if your out and about maybe running a trail and want to have a tripod on you just in-case or at your final destination you want it to take some pics, it compacts nice into a little bag you can carry around anywhere.
on January 14, 2015
Items as expected and arrived early! Only tried a couple of things so far on this bundle. Just now tried to put the Screen Protector on my camera.....what junk! Spotty and the squeegee was made of cardboard! As for the tripod, one leg won't lock in place, so it's no good either. Guess I best be checking on the other parts to see if they work or not!
on June 3, 2013
You get what you pay for. This set includes a lot of accessories for a very good price - just don't expect top quality from any of the accessories. We bought it because we were heading for a 2 week vacation and didn't have time to shop around for the best deal on the top recommended accessories individually. The spare battery and the charger worked great, which was the most important part to us. The screen protector and cleaning wipes are a nice bonus, and so is the tripod, which doesn't look like the best out there, but we don't really need one so wouldn't have spent the money on one anyways - so it's kind of nice to have this as an option.

We were disappointed with the case. In addition to the spare batter & charger this is the main reason we purchased the kit. One zipper never worked properly, and by the end of the two weeks neither did the second one. We had to stash the un-closable case into one of our carry-on bags and hope for the best.

All in all - this is a solid deal if you're in a pinch. It covers all the bases of what you might need with your camera. But you get what you pay for. Now that we have more time i think we'll look for a more durable and dependable case.
on August 29, 2012
I love this accessory kit. I was dissapointed with the camera case that came with the camera so I got this as a replacement. I couldn't be happier. Everything, with the exception of the tri pod, fits perfectly in the camera case. The case is small and lightweight even with the camera in it. We are traveling to South America this fall and I look forward to having everything together in the bag. I highly recomend this set.
on December 29, 2011
I ordered the accessory kit at the same time that I ordered my P500, particularly for the AC/DC charger, extra battery, and camera case. I especially wanted this charger, since it does not require use of the camera: the battery itself snaps into the charging unit. The charger that comes with the camera plugs into the camera and charges the battery while it is still in the camera. The charger in the accessory kit also comes with a plug that fits into a car's cigarette lighter, as well as an adapter for European plugs! All of these items fit nicely into the case that came with the accessory kit, along with the camera itself, the original charger, its cable, and the extra battery.

I decided to try out a screen protector as well, though it took several tries to get it right (good thing they provide a few in the package!). The tripod will certainly come in handy at some point: it is surprisingly sturdy for how small and light it is. And it even has a built in level! I haven't tried the card reader yet, since I have a slot on my computer. The card reader is not shaped like the one in the picture, however. The one that was included is made by Vivitar and is very tiny and rectangular, shaped like a flash drive (the card slot is on the side).

Service was great--delivery was quick and everything was packaged securely. I certainly would order from Butterfly Photo again without reservation.
on August 8, 2012
The accessories are good quality.

The tripod, while a full size, isn't the greatest, as it doesn't offer a tilt upwards feature. you get tilt downward and it stops at straight-ahead. No upwards.

it is very portable and sturdy. a little bit on the light weight side, so be careful using it in high breeze areas.

the lens cleaning kits are really great.

The carrying bag fits the Nikon P510 or other similar sized camera very well, with enough space for other accessories.

The best part of this accessory kit is the extended EN-EL5 battery and rapid charger.

The LCD protectors are 3 and work well - you have to cut to size though.

great buy