Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 155 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 158 reviews
on December 29, 2011
I ordered the accessory kit at the same time that I ordered my P500, particularly for the AC/DC charger, extra battery, and camera case. I especially wanted this charger, since it does not require use of the camera: the battery itself snaps into the charging unit. The charger that comes with the camera plugs into the camera and charges the battery while it is still in the camera. The charger in the accessory kit also comes with a plug that fits into a car's cigarette lighter, as well as an adapter for European plugs! All of these items fit nicely into the case that came with the accessory kit, along with the camera itself, the original charger, its cable, and the extra battery.

I decided to try out a screen protector as well, though it took several tries to get it right (good thing they provide a few in the package!). The tripod will certainly come in handy at some point: it is surprisingly sturdy for how small and light it is. And it even has a built in level! I haven't tried the card reader yet, since I have a slot on my computer. The card reader is not shaped like the one in the picture, however. The one that was included is made by Vivitar and is very tiny and rectangular, shaped like a flash drive (the card slot is on the side).

Service was great--delivery was quick and everything was packaged securely. I certainly would order from Butterfly Photo again without reservation.
on April 25, 2017
Great deal for the price! You get much more product for the price then you would if you just went out and bought each item
on April 12, 2017
the tripod is very flimsy, but worked for what I needed.
on December 27, 2011
This was a great purchase! The item was just as advertised and arrived right on time. Furthermore the customer service department replaced an item that was damaged with no questions asked. Good product, great service... A positive buying experience for sure. Highly recommend .
on February 15, 2013
I ordered two of these kits for my husband's and my new cameras (Nikon CoolPix P510). I'll review each item in the kit separately.

Battery & Charger - Handy to have, and both work as they should. The European plug is a nice addition, but I personally don't have a use for it. The battery is not a Nikon OEM battery, but for the price, I already expected it to be a third party product.

Tripod - It's a Vivitar brand, which is a brand nearly everyone has heard of, but the tripod is pretty flimsy. As long as you don't extend the lower poles, it's adequate, but those lower poles are very thin. It wouldn't take much to bend or break them.

Case - It's a sufficient size for our camera with plenty of space and pockets for small items. The strap seems sturdy. However, on one of the cases we received, the zipper is messed up. There are two pulls that unzip the zipper to the main compartment, and one of the pulls "skips" and doesn't close the zipper properly in one area. I just moved that pull to the back and will use the other pull instead. It's a little annoying, but it's not worth the trouble to exchange it. The case feels like it's nicely-padded and the adjustable interior divider helps customize it for different cameras. I've got my camera in it, along with the cleaning kit and cloth, the battery, charger, and car charger, and if I wanted to, there is probably room to put two cans of soda in the main compartment (not that I would do that - LOL! - but that's approximately how much space is left).

Screen Protectors - Not thrilled with these. You have to cut them to size, and they're difficult to put on. It's virtually impossible to remove all the bubbles. The cardboard "squeegie" that's included actually scratched the screen protector. I had slightly better results using my debit card to push some of the bubbles out. Many bubbles remain, though. It's VERY noticeable when the camera is off, but when the screen is lit up, it's not as noticeable. There are 3 screen protectors in the package, so if the application isn't semi-acceptable the first time, you can try again. I found it helpful to SLIGHTLY snip the corners at a 45 degree angle to round them off a bit, so that they don't snag on anything as easily (just enough to trim down the pointy corners).

Cleaning Cloth and Kit - Seem to be adequate.

Card Reader - I haven't used it since my computer has a card reader already built in. Nice to have it, though.

Mini USB Cable - Haven't used it yet, but it seems sturdy enough.

In summary, I feel that it was an okay kit for the money. If the case's zipper wasn't messed up, and if the screen protectors and tripod were improved, I would've given the kit 5 stars.
on February 8, 2012
Considering that you are getting a number of useful, if not outright important items, such as a stand alone charger, extra batter, tripod, card reader and cleaning tools, not really a bad deal. However, the item most folks will probably use most often is awful for one really important reasons: The bag is really too small for the camera. I'm not sure whose bright idea it was to pick this particular bag for this camera, but you have to take ALL the padding out of the camera bag to get the P500 to fit into it.

I have other bags for my film cameras, nothing all that fancy, but all were made with at least, bare minimum, enouh room for the camera and padding to keep it safe, plus a few roles of film. This was like a twisted spacial accuity test where you have to get the exact right shape in the exact right box the first, and the only difference is a matter of a hair or two on one side.

Now, as I said, lot of other useful items. Problem is that if none of them fit into the case with the camera, with the padding to keep the camera I just spend a lot of money on, then they are kind of useless for me. My advice, look for a better deal than this one. Chargers are cheap, batteries as well, and a descent tripod you can find almost anywhere cheaply. Even the card reader is nice to have but not worth the money, since virtually all computers and laptops come with readers these days. bag that can't hold all this stuff, let alone the camera AND the padding, that alone would have been worth it.
on March 11, 2013
An appropriate battery was included. The charger was clearly labelled Canon --- for this Nikon compatible battery. The battery could not be inserted --- WORTHLESS, and wasteful.
on June 18, 2011
I got this for the Nikon P500. The camera bag itself was a lot smaller than I thought. Basically you have just enough room for the camera and a cleaning kit. If you are like me and like to also carry chargers and extra batteries you may like to find a larger bag.
When I was opening the package, the lens cleaning fluid had leaked and kind of made a mess.
But for the cost, it's a good deal. I got this because getting all of these items separately would cost a lot of money even if they are kind of mediocre.
on January 14, 2013
Battery works, the Bag is great, but the Tripod is broken. The rest is okay, but I think they should have just removed the Tripod from this package deal since it is easily broken and likely wont be able to hold your camera.
on January 27, 2013
This item was more than expected in value and quantity-I would have expected half the items at this price and purchased separately, these items would cost far more.Flash memory, cleaning supplies, the extra battery for the camera and case-those two alone make most or all of the purchase price. This kit lives up to its name-the essentials and everything including the tripod will do the job.