|Digital List Price:||$8.99|
|Print List Price:||$17.99|
Save $11.00 (61%)
The Essential Alkaline Diet Cookbook: 150 Alkaline Recipes to Bring Your Body Back to Balance Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Quinoa and Avocado Salad
SERVES: 2 / PREP TIME: 10 minutes
This power salad packs nutrition and flavor. The quinoa adds a crunchy, nutty flavor and is a great source of protein. The avocado adds a creamy balance, and contributes healthy fats. Round out the salad with some tomatoes and cucumbers, and you have a hearty, satisfying meal that will leave you feeling great. You can even use this as a filling for the Salad in Your Hand (page 119). Omit the cherry tomatoes if you’re following the Thyroid-Support Plan.
1. In a large bowl, stir together the quinoa, avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and lemon juice.
2. Chill for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
3. Serve immediately, or keep refrigerated for 2 to 3 days.
Recipe Tip: To make this a dish for a holiday party, use red quinoa. The red and green colors will be festive complements to any seasonal buffet.
PER SERVING (about 2 cups): CALORIES: 433 / TOTAL FAT: 14.8G / CARBOHYDRATES: 63.6G / FIBER: 9.9G / PROTEIN: 13.7G
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt, 1 tbsp lemon juice
About the Author
- Publisher : Rockridge Press (February 23, 2015)
- File Size : 11744 KB
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 314 pages
- Language: : English
- ASIN : B00TYV11L8
- Publication Date : February 23, 2015
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Simultaneous Device Usage : Unlimited
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Customer Reviews: