Top positive review
10 people found this helpful
It is a book with pages, mass, and no batteries!!!!
on November 10, 2015
I am currently renting this book from Amazon ( I think) and the experience is as follows:
1. Exceptional readability, for some reason the authors manage to keep your attention better than most texts, especially since it is cell bio we are talking about.
2. Graphics are great and very helpful / clear. Instead of serving an almost purely aesthetic function like many texts, the figures summarize the "big picture" processes or subjects in a clear memorable manner
3. The book is not cheaply made and consists of durable hardback.
4. It's one of the few hard copy textbooks I get to use this semester so the away-from-computer time is much appreciated not to mention the lack of need to charge the book.
1. Heavy- Good or bad thing. For me I couldn't care less as I am just happy to be reading a physical book again (schools are really shifting towards poorly functioning, non-versatile, e-texts).
2. Though not having to do directly with the book content, I did not expect a brand new book to come by any means. However, the vast majority of the book is thoroughly highlighted. Evidently the previous user reads through the tip of a highlighter, of a rainbow of colors whose designation I have yet to determine. Every...single....word is highlighted as you might imagine this took some getting used to as text would shift from neon green to neon yellow to dark blue to pink and on. I'll re-update if they try to charge me for the highlighting massacre.