Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on July 16, 2014
I love this Alison Moyet album. I highly recommend buying it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 16, 2003
Alison Moyet's sultry, sexy voice is showcased in fine form on this 2nd-off "Greatest Hits" compilation. I would compare Moyet's voice to the bluesy lounge singers of the twenties and thirties, with a plaintive edge to it that is particularly heartbreaking on subsequent listenings. Norah Jones has a more contemporary and similar quality--but Moyet has been around since the early eighties, in the synth-pop wunderkind band Yazoo, or Yaz. Her solo career has soared--but primarily overseas. She's met with lukewarm appeal Stateside...nonetheless, I've been a fan since the beginning, and this CD is worth the price and then some.
on December 30, 2004
This album is a pretty good starting place for people interested in Alison Moyet but don't already have EVERYTHING SHE HAS EVER DONE or for those who NEED her versions of 'Ne Me Quitte Pas' and 'There Are Worse Things I Could Do'.
Almost all of the essential singles are here except 'Hoodoo' from the album of the same name and most of her singles with 'Yaz/Yazoo'. A greatest hits package of Ms. Moyet really can't be comprehensive without 'Situation', and the original version of 'Ode to Boy' or 'Only You' however in terms of singles - this is close. Fans of Alison Moyet know that many of her album tracks are better than the singles and the record companies really should be releasing a greatest hits package with a second 'B-sides' and rarities cd.
Thankfully, the track 'This House' (which still makes me ache) is included as is the track 'Ne Me Quitte Pas', however the add ons 'Blue' and 'Our Colander Eyes' are dated sounding and disappointing. The songs are listed in chronological order but personally, I prefer G/H packages that are more random.
Alison Moyet is a major talent and deserves a bigger audience. My criticisms are more based on being a long time fan so I think I know everything, but pick this up - you won't be disappointed.
on May 18, 2006
As one reviewer said, its almost a greatest hits. It is a greatest hits for those who don't know. It is lacking some of her really moving songs like "Blow, Wind Blow" and "Stay" from Raindancing. To me, Alison has always shined brighter in more ballad-like songs. I have been listening to her ever since I heard "Winter Kills" from Upstairs at Erics, nearly 30 yrs ago and her songs still move me.