- Series: The Prentice Hall Essential Web Professionals Series
- Paperback: 355 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall Ptr; 1st edition (April 25, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780130191144
- ISBN-13: 978-0130191144
- ASIN: 0130191140
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 2 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #10,210,871 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $3.00 shipping
+ $7.24 shipping
Essential Gimp for Web Professionals Paperback – April 25, 2001
From the Back Cover
This concise, example-rich guide shows Web professionals exactly how to create high-quality graphics with the GIMP, the free open source alternative to Photoshop(r). It delivers no-nonsense, practical coverage based on real-world projects you can see and download from a live Web site! Master layers, selections and masks, text, color management, drawing, painting, image maps, animation, working from scans, using effects and rendering filters even scripting!
Use The GIMP to create all these Web graphics, and more!
- Text elements
- Background textures
- Buttons and other navigation tools
- Image galleries
- Drawings, paintings, and more
Look to Essential Books for ALL the Web Skills You Need!All these books share the same great format, and the same dynamic Web site... so once you've used one, learning from the others is a piece of cake!
- Essential CSS and DHTML for Web Programmers
- Essential GIMP for Web Professionals
- Essential Flash 5 for Web Professionals
- Essential PERL for Web Programmers
- Essential Photoshop for Web Designers
- Essential PHP for Web Professionals
- Essential Design for Web Professionals
- Essential ASP for Web Professionals
- With more to come, including Cold Fusion 4.5, JSP, and WAP
About the Author
MICHAEL J. HAMMEL is a freelance writer and software developer focused on graphics-related issues in Linux and UNIX environments. Hammel's articles have appeared in Linux magazine and Linux Answers. His book The Artist's Guide to the GIMP (SSC), was the first published text on the GIMP. His Web site, www.graphics-muse.com, is an essential resource for anyone working with Linux graphics tools.