Essential Lawyering Skills: Interviewing, Counseling, Negotiation, and Persuasive Fact Analysis (Aspen Coursebook Series) 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Sixth Edition of Essential Lawyering Skills: Interviewing, Counseling, Negotiation, and Persuasive Fact Analysis continues to emphasize the role of the attorney in the lawyer-client relationship. Widely respected practitioners and teachers, the authors’ introductions, visual aids, and realistic examples illuminate the basic mechanics of these key skills. Case situations and problem-solving scenarios engage students in developing essential lawyering skills that mirror legal practice.The topic of professional responsibility is integrated throughout.
New to the Sixth Edition:
- New co-author René Hutchins brings her new perspective to the course
- Updated and improved design makes the material more accessible for today’s student
- Increased coverage of negotiation in the plea-bargaining context
- Updated examination of the use of electronic media in fact analysis and negotiation
Professors and students will benefit from:
- An emphasis on practice and the mechanics of negotiation and persuasion, rather than on theory
- Complete coverage of problem solving, interviewing, counseling, negotiation, and fact analysis
- Remarkably clear and penetrating discussion of the persuasive value of facts, supported by useful visual aids
- Generous use of interesting examples that place topics in context
- Integrated coverage of professional responsibility where appropriate
- Experienced authors, who draw upon many years of teaching and writing about lawyering skills
Frequently bought together
From the Publisher
Access the enhanced e-book version of your casebook anytime, anywhere to learn and study more efficiently. Search the full text of the casebook, highlight with six color options, and add notes to the margins.
Test your knowledge with a variety of practice questions and issue spotting exercises from best-selling study aids like Examples & Explanations, Emanuel Law Outlines and Emanuel Law in a Flash cards.
Helpful All Semester Long
Case Briefing and Outline Tools accelerate the learning process and increase study time when it matters most.
Get notifications of relevant law-related news, curated for your course area and for general interest legal topics, from a variety of legal news sites.
Buying a red casebook for a law school class? Make the smart choice and purchase a new Connected Casebook. It provides what law students need most – portability, meaningful feedback, and greater efficiency. The Connected Casebook takes your print casebook to a whole new level by adding access to CasebookConnect, included with your purchase of a new casebook. CasebookConnect features:
- A full e-book version of the casebook that lets you quickly highlight and copy text, add notes, and search for keywords
- A Study Center with practice questions from leading study aids, short lecture videos, straightforward explanations of complex legal topics, and progress indicators
- A Case Briefing Tool that allows you to label key elements (facts, rules, holdings, etc.) of each case to create a brief while you read
- Social sharing capabilities to share your briefs with your study group
- An Outline Tool that populates notes and highlights into an outline template aligned to casebook chapters
- Publisher : Wolters Kluwer; 6th edition (February 2, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 512 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1543808883
- ISBN-13 : 978-1543808889
- Item Weight : 1.91 pounds
- Dimensions : 7 x 1.16 x 10 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #474,053 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: