Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Essential Sight Words Level I - Advanced Readers (Set of 8 books) (Learn to Read Books Book 2)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 11, 2012
I enjoyed Kay's intro book for sight words Essential Sight Words Level I - Introductory (8 Readers) (Learn to Read) so much that I had to pick up a copy of this book. I really enjoy the little tips that are given before the actual sight word exercises. Kay really shows an understanding of the logic and theory behind the concept of sight words.

I have also lent this book to 2 other friends and a coworker and they have all said that the book is top notch. Excellent read for any parent looking to teach their children sight words. Highly recommended!
on August 12, 2012
I picked up this book on the advice of a friend and found it perfect for my needs.

My niece and I are going through reading comprehension in order to get her ready for the school year. I found this book lovely because it doesn't have a bunch of pre-conceived images of what the words are. What does this do for us?

1. It allows me to see that she is really reading the words, not just guessing based on the pictures (she's a really bright girl).
2. It allows us to make each page an adventure, to make it a game where we create our own pictures and stories.

It's a different experience than the classical reader, and for me, approaching the material from many different directions is the best way to get a full, well-rounded education.
on April 11, 2012
I love these! They are excellent when traveling. It gives my child something to do and she reads to her younger sister. Perfect!
on August 14, 2012
I read Essential Sight Words Level I by Kay Silva. It's good to know that Kay is a mother and has been there and gone through situations trying to raise her children and help them read - so we as parents don't have to re-invent the wheel too much. I like how in the beginning she provides tips on how to help our kids achieve reading success as a parent and preps us for that.

I like how in the majority of the beginning of each the eight sections, Kay provided a few pictures for each word, before going into the words. This helps greatly for kids who need visual of what each word looks like.
on November 8, 2012
At first I thought there was something wrong with my ipad and then it struck me NO PICTURES .... for kids that start learning how to read... My daughter who is an advanced reader in kindergarten looked at it said NO PICTURES and turned her back, I deleted it the next second.Just right a few sentences on a piece of paper and give them to your kid ... same thing ...
on December 28, 2013
This is great for beginners with personalized names. We could put in our real names or nick names for fun.
on August 20, 2012
This book is a useful tool for parents. The instructions in this book are simple and easy to follow. The tips on the start of the book great to keep in mind before getting your child to start reading.

Kids will have a great time while reading because of the pictures in the beginning of each set of words.

This book offers a different approach in teaching your kids how to read which I find very effective as when you are teaching new words and you have a picture book, kids will quite often just look at the pictures without even trying the words. This book doesn't carry pictures and the author explains her rationale behind the approach.

Great book.
on August 19, 2012
I as an adult find that it is easy to think in pictures, but children don't always need them to learn. I had never thought about this with my own children, I just read to them. This book series works without having lots of pictures inside as kids are able to absorb information like sponges. I mean in what you say and what they see you doing. My son's daughter is learning with this method which is making a great difference. Great work Kay, I like your style!
on August 14, 2012
I just finished taking my daughter through most of this book. I like the fact that the pictures for each reading level are provided only at the beginning of the chapter.

The sentences are easy to follow and the words are repeatitive re-enforcing the learning of new words.

I especially like the tips provided on how to achieve reading success with children.

I recommend this book to every one who has the priviledge of teaching a child to learn to read.
on December 26, 2012
This will teach me to start reading reviews before purchasing an item. There are no pictures. I downloaded it on the kindle fire. This is a terrible product and I do NOT recommend it for any child learning to read.