Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 24 reviews(4 star, Verified Purchases). See all 113 reviews
on January 27, 2017
Very helpful to a new sous vide cook.
on January 29, 2017
I got this book, and a sous vide for Christmas. Life Changing! This cookbook is what you'd expect - has recipes for all types of food groups - sous vide not included.
on December 14, 2016
This book is more of a cookbook not a complete guide to the sous vide, because it has a very small portion decade on information about the sous vide. The recipes however take up 95% of this book and they're really good. I've already bookmarked 20 something recipes I'm going to try.
0Comment| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 19, 2017
Delicious meals and easy also
on January 5, 2017
Great overview
on December 17, 2016
I really enjoyed going through the book and saw so many recipes I want to try. It is so much more adventurous than Douglas Baldwin's pioneering book which gives a lot of great science and basics but also a lot of recipes that are usually cook the protein and add a sauce. I was very excited to try some of the recipes right away. AND I discovered the book suffers a bit from 1st edition-itis. The Ragu Bolognese piqued my interest right away because I've prepared few if any sauces sous vide. Well, there is no water bath temperature for cooking the sauce. (I'm doing an internet search for a similar recipe now because there's no way to reach the author or publisher.) Also there is an olive oil ingredient listed near the end of the recipe ingredients but no instruction when and how to use it. Hopefully the author and her editors will work this out. I'm looking forward to trying many more things in this book.

I've been cooking sous vide about 8 or 9 years now with my PolyScience immersion circulator which Sarah James doesn't mention. It's a heavy duty workhorse.
88 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 22, 2017
This was my introduction into Sous Vide cookbook. I bought it before purchasing an Anova cooker. It's a good cookbook it helped explain the process and ultimately convinced me to purchase the Anova.

I'm happy with the recipes I've tried so far. It's a good Sous Vide starter cookbook. Buy it, you won't be mad.
on September 5, 2017
I have purchased several sous vide cookbooks and I have found this one to be one of the two top cookbooks i have used. Although each book is very different from the other, they are both excellent, and I can't decide which is the best. So it's a tie for me. The other one is Sous Vide at Home by Lisa Q Fetterman. I urge all sous vide newbies to pay close attention to chilling requirements. I used and liked many of these recipes.
on January 11, 2017
Well researched information and some good looking recipes ( haven't tried any yet) I would have preferred some photographs so I could be tempted to try out the recipe.If there were photos I would rate this 5 star. Not many books covering this type of cooking so I am sure others will follow. Good intro and information about different devices and safety matters on temp etc.
Worth the money as a reference book.
on December 31, 2016
The e-book could use some tighter editing. For example, there are several places in the recipes where a quantity is provided ("1 teaspoon") without the accompanying ingredient name (salt? oregano?). So beginning cooks might stumble over omissions like that, caveat emptor. But as far as learning sous vide technique, it's pretty good and worth the price I paid.