From the Back Cover
Your True Academic Design Series
Hands-on tutorials with a project orientation designed to provide a thorough
knowledge and understanding of graphic design
• Extensive End-of-Chapter Exercises include three levels of reinforcement exercises that emphasize hands-on skill development.
• Portfolio Builder exercises at the end of every chapter require creative problem solving and the application of learned skills. The completed projects can be combined into a portfolio that will impress at job interviews.
• Integrating Projects are designed to reflect real-world graphic design work, drawing on skills learned throughout the text.
• Careers in Design feature offers advice, tips, and resources that will help you on your path to a successful career.
• Full color format throughout!
Your online resource for mastering graphic design
- Interactive Study Guide
- Data Project Files
- Online Exercises and Additional Projects
- Recent IT Articles
- Student Career Center
- . . . and much, much more!
About the Author
About the Author
Robin McAllister has been speaking and writing about creating effective pages since before desktop publishing was invented, and has been involved in the printing and
publishing industry since the late 1960s. For more than a decade, he has acted as a consultant and trainer to a wide variety of clients. In the process of teaching others, he has written various “how to” guides and training manuals, both for general distribution and to solve company-specific issues.
When training or when writing, he takes the long view of projects, giving attention first to what is going to get the job done – including an interaction of all the disciplines involved in the publishing process. He focuses on productivity and the value of following effective publishing protocols rather than simply which buttons to push.
Rob is the author of a series of eight books for Delmar Publishers on a variety of desktop-publishing topics. He is also the author of Pearson Publishing’s The Type Companion for the Digital Artist. He has written or co-authored twelve titles in Pearson Publishing’s Against-the-Clock series. He has been a senior editor for Print on Demand Business and Print on Demand Solutions magazines and a contributor to Electronic Publishing magazine, among others.