- Series: SWISS Series (Book 1)
- Paperback: 80 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; Large Print edition (September 7, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1976217741
- ISBN-13: 978-1976217746
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.2 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.1 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 42 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #136,110 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Essentials of Islamic Faith: For Parents and Teens (SWISS Series) (Volume 1) Paperback – Large Print, September 7, 2017
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Suhaib Webb is currently the resident scholar at the ICNYU (Islamic Center of New York University). He holds a degree in Education, as well as a degree from al-Azhar in Cairo. He has served the Muslim community in America for over twenty years.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had the pleasure of going through it and it is an amazing piece of work for a few reasons.
1. It removes the mystery often associated with "classical texts" by making the translation and explanation easy and straightforward.
2. It has explanations and pictures that succinctly and effectively convey what on the surface sounds hard to grasp - and immediately eases the the concept for the reader. I've either read or studied a number of creedal texts in the past and the ability to on-board the reader into what are intermediate concepts is excellent.
3. Most importantly - the book contains a number of follow up questions which allow immediate relevance - they connect theology to real life - helping people ask and answer questions about how God, His Oneness, His Attributes, His Power, His Closeness, His Mercy, His Will - how these things matter to the individual in his or her daily life.
Rather than a wall of text which is often the way that creed is initially studied, this book is a refreshing presentation of classical Islamic creed in an easy to read fashion that is written specifically to foster discussion and dialogue.
When you flip open the cover, your heart gets touched by the beautiful essentials of the Islamic faith. The literary elements and constructive design allow the reader to interact with the author in a holistic manner. The author asks thought provoking questions throughout the narrative, which stimulates the reader to want so much more.
I hope Volume 2 releases sooner rather than later. For the craftsmanship and quality of publishing and scholarly content, the price is a bargain. I believe mosques from sea to shining sea should have this glorious collection of parchment available to all that seek a deeper understanding of the beautiful faith known as Islam.
Well done Mr. Webb, well done!
Most recent customer reviews
Thank you for this Imam Suhaib