Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.61 shipping
+ $9.02 shipping
Essick Air 5D6 700 4-Speed Mini Console Humidifier,White
|Price:||$70.62 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3-gallon water capacity. 2 high-quality wicks. Output of 3.79 gallons per day.
- For large spaces up to 1250 square feet, automatic humidistat.
- User-friendly digital control panel, 4 speeds
- Measures 14 x 19 x 11, 6.5lbs
- 2-year limited warranty
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
AIRCARE Mini-Console Evaporative Humidifier, 5D6700
This evaporative humidifier from AIRCARE is sure to complement any decor. It has an easy-fill tank. This humidifier works to add invisible moisture to your environment by moving dry air through a saturated wick filter.
Benefits of Humidication
Evaporative humidifiers are a great solution for adding much needed humidity to dry indoor air. By raising indoor relative humidity levels to 43 Percent or above, 86 Percent of airborne flu virus particles are rendered powerless. Maintaining proper humidity levels also helps treat allergy symptoms by soothing dryness, itchiness, and irritation in the nose, nasal passages, sinuses, mouth, throat, and eyes. Many people think pet hair is the cause of allergies, but in reality, the cause of allergens from pets is actually from their dander. Adding moisture to the air reduces pet dander and other airborne allergens. Properly humidified environments can decrease or eliminate static electricity, reducing the chance of damage to sensitive electronic equipment like laptops, desktop computers, tablets, TV’s, stereo systems, etc. Evaporative Humidification not only produces comfortable/healthy air, it is also an extremely effective way to save money on energy cost. Adding humidity to the air allows you to remain comfortable at lower thermostat settings. 'The rule of thumb is that you can save about 3 Percent on your heating bill for every degree that you set back your thermostat,' says Bill Prindle, deputy director for the non-profit American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy. This means evaporative humidification could save you up to 10 Percent on your energy bill.
- Up to 1,250 sq. ft. coverage
- Up to 90 hours of runtime
- 3 gallon water capacity
- Digital controls
- 4 fan speeds
- Customizable humidity settings
- Check filter indicator and control lock
- Easy top fill pour-in design
- ETL approved
|EA1407||4DTS 900||EA1208||EA1201||5D6 700|
|Square Foot Coverage||Up to 4,000 sq. ft||Up to 3,600 sq. ft.||Up to 2,400 sq. ft.||Up to 2,400 sq. ft.||Up to 1,250 sq. ft.|
|Runtime||Up to 55 hours||Up to 48 hours||Up to 45 hours||Up to 45 hours||Up to 90 hours|
|Tank Capacity||5 gallons||5.7 gallons||3.5 gallons||3.5 gallons||3 gallons|
|Customizable Humidity Settings||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Check Filter Indicator||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Water Bottle Filling||✓||✓||-||-||-|
|Pour-in Fill Reservoir||-||-||✓||✓||✓|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Essick Air 5D6 700 4-Speed Mini Console Humidifier,White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Dimensions||14 inches x 11 inches x 19 inches||17.48 inches x 23.15 inches x 14.96 inches||11.81 inches x 8.07 inches x 5.31 inches||20.5 inches x 14.5 inches x 21.5 inches|
|Item Weight||6.5 pounds||19.95 pounds||3.24 pounds||13.5 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. Filling is a bit of a hassle. You have to lift the top off and set it aside. The cord tethers you to a small radius of the unit to do this
2. On fan speeds of 3 and 4, the unit can be quite loud. 1 and 2 are soft enough to actually be used in a bedroom or living room.
3. It uses two wicks, costing on average between 10 and 15 dollars a piece. This can be costly to change them if you have really hard water like some of my houses.
4. I had to exchange the unit one time after 1 days use. The motor unit was making a loud "buzzing noise" above the noise of the fan, like a starter in a florescent light continually being charged. The replacement one I have is working good.
I purchased because I did not have many choices in the rural area, nor did I have the budget to invest in another Honeywell HCM-6009 Quietcare, so this will suffice. I will keep this unit tucked in the corner of the dining room, away from the living area, but close enough to cover the bedrooms upstairs. For the price, this will serve it's purpose, but there are better units out there.
The humidistat doesn't work properly. It thinks the current room humidity is much higher than it actually is. Thus the machine never automatically runs. Before I returned it I had to use the manual setting because it would never run when set to auto.
The water reservoir is also rather strange. The filters sit completely submerged in water.
The overall design is downright idiotic. The intake (dry air) and exhaust (moist air) are set on the top of the machine right next to each other. This means that newly moistened air is drawn right back into the machine. I believe this is why the humidistat is inaccurate. It just measures the humidity of the newly moistened are and not the humidity of the room.
Like I said before I ended up returning this unit and consequently found a much better unit that I am 100% satisfied with.
Botton line- If you want a humidifier with a humidistat this unit is NOT for you. The humidistat doesn't work.
- Simple design means it's easy to clean/fill. It's literally just a bucket with two filter walls placed around a high efficiency (very quiet for its output) fan, which is suspended from the lid. Filling the unit is as easy as lifting off the lid (which is held in place, but otherwise just rests on top of the tank), and filling the lightweight tank in a bathtub (weighs no more than a mop bucket before and after filling) or simply pouring in pitchers of water.
- The unit holds a large amount of water (it actually takes quite a while to fill from empty, even in the bathtub), and it distributes that water into the air at a pretty alarming rate as well (I found myself added 2-3 pitchers of water 1-2 times a day to keep up, but that means it was doing its job!
- This unit uses evaporative cool-air, and does a great job, as even on setting 2/4 it's putting up 2-3 gallons of water a day. It does so with no visible mist, moisture accumulation around the unit, or any of the risks of other types of units, such as mineral dust (filters handle that quite well), melting or fire risk, and cleaning is very simple since the unit is just a bucket with a fun suspended from a lid.
- The humidistat and auto on/off feature is a little overstated, as the humidistat seems to have a limited range and consist of nothing more than LED bars, so you have little to no context for decision there, but it can at least serve as a good reminder to check the tank and refill at least.Read more ›
And I ended up back here. Even though I've already had to toss one that stopped working after three years. Why? Because having purchased many other types of humidifiers over the years, even when I lived in placed with built-in humidifiers, I've come to appreciate all the things that don't go wrong with this one. Yep, it's just a big container. Which means I can fill it using a bucket I cart back and forth from the sink. Nothing to move, no detachable reservoirs to spill or leak, or screw a lid onto and then turn upside down and reattach. And the filters stay very clean all season if you faithfully use the humidistat stuff. No spills. No smell. No white dust. So...that's why.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The filters grow mold pretty quickly with this type of humidifier. Im sure you could ad chemicals, but now I understand why some humidifiers use pumps to pump water on the... Read morePublished 4 months ago by birdman
Love this humidifier! Love how u can set it to the percent you want and it will kick on and off as needed. Our home is one floor, just under 1100 sq. Read morePublished 5 months ago by A. Bock
I purchased this humidifier from a local Menards and am very disappointed. It is the same humidifier, but under the name AirCare. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ex-Army1
Very happy with the humidifier: automatically stops once it arrives to the selected humidity and is fairly quiet (compared to many others that I had). Read morePublished 6 months ago by C. C. De Lara
I am glad that there is a humidifier that uses the 1040 wicks which I had from my old Bemis that broke after 20 years!Published 11 months ago by Jane M. Baker
A replacement for a previous humidifier, and it works well, convenient and large water capacity. Quick shipping, competitive pricing.Published 13 months ago by New Mexico music man