Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Esther - Audio CDs: It's Tough Being a Woman
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on April 17, 2009
This is the third Beth Moore group Bible study I have done. I have gotten SO MUCH out of each one. This one is particularly great because Esther is such a small book and so she is really able to go for depth and focus on a few small verses a day. While I've read the book before, I never would have imagined so much was contained in its few short pages. I highly recommend this study for anyone wanting to dig deeper into the Word and get inspired. This is a great study for beginners as well as for those who've already been through the Bible a time or two. Meaty and profound, but at the same time accessible and relevant. The study sessions for this are also available for purchase and download online, so my group found it a lot cheaper to buy our own member books and download the videos rather than purchasing the DVD kit. Awesome!
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2009
My women's group is finishing up this Bible Study. It is excellent! The way Beth Moore writes her workbooks is great. She gives you so much rich historical background and also challenges you for today. If I read the book of Esther just on my own from the Bible, I would have missed so much history of those days that explains even more how amazing Esther was and how God's hand is in everything. As we are going through this material week after week, Beth Moore tells it so I see a motion picture vividly in my mind. I would highly recommend this study. Sherri
on April 9, 2009
I really like how this study is set up. You learn a lot and it's great stuff but I was disappointed to find out you have to pay to see the online videos which are necessary to complete the book. :(
77 comments| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2009
I am loving this study from Beth Moore and did download the personal video feeds (one time use) from Lifeway too. Excellent study that will challenge you.
on November 20, 2010
Very disappointed in this Beth Moore study. It seemed that the Book of Esther was too short for a full study, and thus it dragged on and on and on. And yet, instead of dwelling on the climactic celebration at the end, it was glossed over and rushed through. I participated in the study with a group of women and most of the others seemed to greatly enjoy it, so my dislike of it may just be me!

The videos were not just off-topic, but off target as well, putting too much emphasis on darker issues and the enemy rather than uplifting women through God's Word. They just seemed to be motivational and attack issues that most women have already learned to deal with by focusing on God (an idea presented as new and original).

While I agree that it is important to apply scripture to one's own life, this workbook asks you to focus on expressions of the characters faces, how they stood, what they may have said in exasperation, etc. The homework questions were so frustrating that I found myself leaving most of them blank.

Unfortunately, this study did not live up to the high expectations I had for it.
33 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2009
I have done this study and so glad to see in on cd. I plan on reviewing the study on Esther as soon as I get it in the mail!!! Not many things have really turned me around in my life but this study has. I would highly recommend this study especially if you are going through some really tough times in your life. It is a Bible study like no other. I have never seen such an in depth study of Esther before or things you can learn from this precious and my favorite book of the Bible. Session 4!!!! What can I say about session 4 other than it stopped me from going into a deep pit of despair. I have the victory in Christ because of this study so thoroughly researched and bathed in prayer by the staff of Beth Moore and herself. You will feel it as you study. You will be extremely excited week after week. And do take a week for each with the study manual because there is sooo much to take in. Thank You Beth Moore for an excellent job!!!
on June 26, 2009
I did this study with a group this winter/spring and it was so wonderful that I am leading another study again, this time with people who are searching and curious. It is a great study for new believers and those who've done the study before. There is always room for more knowledge. As always, Beth Moore has been touched by the Holy Spirit and does an amazing job!
on February 13, 2009
This is another great study by Beth Moore. She has really done a good job researching for this book. It is especially fun that her daughters helped her with it this time.
I have appreciated the personal application from each lesson.
One thing that detracts from the book is the missing references for footnotes. Supposedly, these are available from online, but I haven't been able to find them. Most don't matter to me, but it would be nice to know who the quotes are from.
on April 2, 2014
This study guide is more like a commentary on the book of Esther than it is a Bible study guide. It's still a helpful commentary, though, and her video series that goes along with this has been informative so far. But again, it's not really an in-depth study of Scripture. Some of the questions are very basic with multiple choice answers...something a child could answer. Maybe Beth Moore is trying to reach a broad audience by not making Bible study seem too "hard" or "boring" or intimidating.
on June 17, 2009
Beth Moore definitely does her homework when she prepares for a study -- and Esther is no exception. While Beth sometimes comes across as "too much" at times, I still respect her knowledge (and the fact that she can admit her own faults).