Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 23, 2014 9:39:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2014 9:48:15 AM PST
B. Scott says:
Posting this in case it happened to someone else. I've had this game on pre-order since like December of last year and until a few days ago, on my order invoice it said this for the estimated delivery date: 'DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.'

Then I got that email it was referring to above a few days ago and they told me in the email that my estimated delivery date was January 30th, two days after the game's release on the 28th. I ordered this game with Prime 2-day shipping so my order should have been upped to release date shipping but it never was. Their systems just treated it as typical 2-day shipping hence why it said Jan 30th as the delivery date.

Posted on Jan 23, 2014 9:44:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 28, 2014 10:33:38 AM PST
B. Scott says:
Ended up chatting with an Amazon representative and got it solved. He said it was a mistake or error in their system or something so I guess the Prime 2-day release date shipping was only working for recent pre-orders (remember I pre-ordered mine back in December). So he cancelled that order for me and I just placed a new one and it worked this time.

Just posting this in case there's someone here who also pre-ordered this awhile ago with Prime 2-day shipping. Double check and make sure you're getting it on the 28th when the game releases. If you get the same problem as me, just cancel your order and order it again.

EDIT: Even though I did the above^ and it did change my delivery date to the 28th, when I got my confirmation email from Amazon telling me that "We're writing to let you know that your item has shipped and this completes your order etc etc", it somehow changed back to the 30th. I once again talked to an Amazon rep. He said there was nothing he could do since my item had already been shipped so he gave me $20 promotional credit as compensation. So yea, disappointed that I won't be getting it on release day but also a little happy.

EDIT#2: Ended up getting it on release day today anyways. Basically got a free $20 promotional credit. Sweet!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 23, 2014
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about