- Save 10% on MSR-C600 Multimeter when you purchase 1 or more Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 offered by Etekcity. Enter code JVHS6789 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Clip this coupon to save 5% on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-Contact Digital Laser ..." and save 21% off the $20.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Etekcity Lasergrip 1080 Non-Contact Digital Laser Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun -58℉~1022℉ (-50℃～550℃), Yellow and Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- BETTER ACCURACY: The Distance to Spot Ratio is 12:1, meaning the Lasergrip 1080 can accurately measure targets at greater distances compared to most other IR Thermometers; For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17 inches (36cm)
- TARGET QUICKER: Measure surface temperature ranging from -58℉~ 1022℉ / -50℃ ~ 550℃, you can choose the unit from ℉ / ℃; Response time: ≤500Ms; A built in Laser gives you the precision to hone in on the exact space you want to measure
- ADDED FUNCTIONS: The LCD screen is backlit, also has an Auto-Off function to extend the battery life, and features a low battery indicator so you never accidentally run out of juice (battery included)
- VERSATILE DESIGN: Infrared Technology makes this thermometer handy to measure the surface temperature of various objects especially temperatures above boiling points and below freezing points; Use it when you are cooking and barbequing, performing auto maintenance, doing home repairs, and a host of other tasks
- NOTE: The thermometer can't measure the internal temperature of an object; Temperature readings from this devices are inanimate objects, the measured temperature for humans or animals will not be correct; FDA, FCC, CE approved; Class 2 laser, optical power 0.5-0.9mW; 2-Year Warranty by Etekcity
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
We've Got You Covered
Our products are backed by a 2-year warranty along with lifetime support from our friendly Etekcity customer service team.
Point. Aim. Measure.
Practical for both indoor and outdoor use, the Lasergrip 1080 lets you safely measure surface temperatures from a distance while still maintaining laser-sharp accuracy. Measure extreme temperatures ranging from -58°F (-50°C) to 1022°F (550°C) without ever needing to come in contact. Use the infrared temperature scanner for a high range of applications, from internal electronic components to oven temperatures. With user-friendly operation and a temperature measurement range that surpasses boiling points, the possibilities are endless.
Package Contents :
- 1 x Lasergrip 1080 Infrared Thermometer
- 1 x 9V Battery (Pre-Installed)
- 1 x User Manual
Know exactly what you’re measuring with a built-in laser pointer to maximize the Lasergrip’s 12:1 distance-to-spot ratio.
Crystal Clear Display
View accurate readings on a clear backlit display.
Instantly holds readings on the display for 15 seconds after measuring so you can record your readings.
Durable Exterior Body
Features a UV paint coating that helps reduce scratches and prevent everyday wear and tear while on the job.
Use It at Home
Make sure typical home appliances like AC units or heaters are functioning properly.
In the Field
Perform electrical repairs or automotive maintenance.
Cook seared ahi tuna, grilled steak, and tender ribs to perfection.
|774 Infrared Thermometer||1080 Infrared Thermometer||800 Infrared Thermometer||630 Infrared Thermometer||1022 Infrared Thermometer||1022D Infrared Thermometer|
|Measuring Range||-58℉~ 716℉ (-50℃～380℃)||-58℉～1022℉ (-50℃～550℃)||-58℉～1382℉ (-50℃～750℃）||-58℉～1076℉ (-50℃～580℃)||-58℉～1022℉ (-50℃～550℃)||-58℉～1022℉ (-50℃～550℃)|
|Division||0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F||0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F||0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F||0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F||0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F||0.1 ℃ or 0.1°F|
|Power||1x DC 9V Battery||1x DC 9V Battery||1x DC 9V Battery||1x DC 9V Battery||1x DC 9V Battery||1x DC 9V Battery|
|Accuracy||≥100°C±2% ≤100°C±2°C||≥100°C±2% ≤100°C±2°C||≥100°C±2% ≤100°C±2°C||≥100°C±2% ≤100°C±2°C||≥100°C±2% ≤100°C±2°C||≥100°C±2% ≤100°C±2°C|
|Distance Spot Ratio||12:1||12:1||16:1||16:1||12:1||12:1|
|Emissivity||fixed, 0.95||fixed, 0.95||fixed, 0.95||0.1-1.0||0.1-1.0||0.1-1.0|
1. The measuring surface is about 2cm below the infrared aiming point.
2. For best accuracy, the distance between the thermometer and object of measurement should approximately be 14.17inches (36cm). Simple Operation - Point and Click!
This Etekcity non-contact IR temperature gun is easy to operate. It turns on and begins reading the temperature with one press of the trigger. Clear text displays the measured temperature in either Celsius or Fahrenheit. A laser light aids in aiming, and can be turned on or off. In addition, the readout display features a backlight which can be turned on if needed.
12:1 High distance spot ratio!
This means you may measure the temp of a smaller area at the same distance compared to other 8:1 thermometers; thus the readings are much more accurate!
This is a big seller in Amazon and many respected institution like Car Magazines, Airports, Universities purchase this product from us! You deserve it!
Temperature Range: -58℉～1022℉(-50℃～550℃)
Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1
Emissivity Adjustable: 0.95(fixed)
Response Time and Wavelength: 500ms and (5-14)um
Repeatability: ±1% or±1℃
Resolution: 0.1℃ or 0.1℉
1x Etekcity Laser grip 1080 IR thermometer
1x 9V DC battery
1x User's manual
2-Year Warranty by Etekcity.
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-5 of 4,691 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
A simple way to test the accuracy of this thermometer is to measure the temperature of a pot of boiling water. This will roughly give you a temperature of 212 F. Boiling water, in equilibrium (or the entire fluid being the same temperature) will maintain 212F no matter how quickly the water is evaporating. The reason this is a rough estimate is that the boiling temperature of water changes with salinity and altitude.
The thermometer I received was reading around 208-212 F. So how does this compare to the top end model? I am an engineer who provides safety related components to nuclear power plants. We use the $200+ model which is calibrated by a separate vendor. Our calibration standard is 1.5C which is 209.3F as our lower end tolerance. So this thermometer would NOT be suitable for qualifying safety related components for nuclear plants. Except you aren't trying to qualify safety related components.
In practice, these are used for taking a quick, general measurement of fluid temperature or identifying heat losses. I wouldn't expect many people to need to use these to get exact temperatures. I have used this at my home to identify what rooms are cooler then others, draughts around doors or windows and leaks in the HVAC system.
I would greatly recommend purchasing this over the higher end thermometers. Very solid product and definitely accurate.
It's original purpose is to measure temperature on computers and air conditioner appliances, and food, why not?
Incredibly it's first debut was on a kid with fever. Here is the funny story!
On a family meeting we found that a nephew wasn't playing with the other kids, so my wife sensed she was warm and she attempted to find the oral thermometer to no avail.
Here is where my gadgets come to play it's part, funny to say but: I turned off the laser pointer, asked her to look away then pointed in the forehead, about 7 to 10 inches away.
1st reading was 35.7 C and raising,
after 1 minute made a 2nd reading of 36.5 C,
a 3rd reading was 37.2 C, while I was shouting my wife, "bring the medicine and some ice in a towel, quick!"
- senses immediately
- able turn off blue backlight
- able turn off laser pointer
- auto off
- none so far
It also serves as a laser pen for my boxer who goes nuts chasing the red dot (Dumb dog but we love him!) but figured it may also work to find the surface temp on the lake so I knew where the fish would be. Worked like a charm. Probably just luck but it was one of the best fishing trips I've ever had. We were on the Lunkers all day long because we fished where the surface temp said they would be! I know a regular thermometer would work too but it's not as cool as pulling this thing out plus it gives you an instant reading!
Easy to use, small enough to fit in my tackle box but has a large enough display to read easily. Hold the gun 12" - 14" from what you want to measure for the most accurate results however, it appears to work from several feet away as well.
This feels well made, with a rubberized covering and grip, and a solid trigger button and display. I was surprised by the fit and finish on this because, well, it didn't cost much. Heck, it wasn't that long ago that a handheld laser alone would cost what this does, but now you can get a non-contact thermometer AND the laser for the same price.
This works well for measuring the temperature of opaque surfaces, and will not measure things like bath water, glass panes and other translucent materials. It also won't measure your body temperature, since it measures surface temperature only. Still, you can measure approximate temperature of things like HVAC systems by measuring the temperature around the duct. If you're like me you'll walk around the first days after you get this, just pointing at anything and everything near and far to measure the temperature and being repeatedly amazed that someone figured out how to make such a device.