|Item Weight||8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.1 x 2.9 x 1.4 inches|
|Item model number||MSR-R500|
|Batteries||1 9V batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||✪ LCD Backlight display ✪ Hold Data ✪ Low Battery Indication ✪ Hands free testing ✪ Ergonomic design ✪ Overload Protection ✪ Buzzer Indicator|
|Included Components||1 x Etekcity Digital Multimeter, 2 x Test Leads (pair), 1 x GP Supercell 6F22 9V Battery, 1 x User Manual|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
|Warranty Description||2-YEAR WARRANTY: 1-year buyer assurance (with a free option to extend it by 1 more year), and lifetime support from Etekcity|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Etekcity Digital Multimeter, Volt Ohm Amp Meter, Voltage Tester with Continuity, Diode and Resistance Test, Dual Fused for Anti-Burn, Red, MSR-R500
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$1.12 (9%)|
5% extra savings coupon applied at checkout.
Sorry. You are not eligible for this coupon.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ACCURATELY MEASURES: This Multimeter can test AC/DC voltage, DC current (not for AC current), resistance, diode, continuity, and more. Sampling speed: 3 times per second
- EASE OF USE: Data hold button holds a reading; Large backlit LCD with large digits is easily visible in dimly lit areas. Built-in support stand allows for hand free use
- SAFETY PROTECTION: Overload protection on all ranges. Protective rubber sleeve around the Multimeter adds extra drop protection
- GREAT AFTER-SALE SERVICE: Lifetime support from our California-based customer support team
- NOTE: This Multimeter cannot be used to test AC current! Please make sure the rotary switch is located at the right range during use
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Bargain Finds related to this item
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
|High-End Auto-Ranging Multimeter||Portable Auto-Ranging Multimeter||Non-Contact Auto-Ranging Clamp Meter||Entry-Level Manual-Ranging Multimeter|
|Temperature/Frequency /True RMS||✓|
Do It All, and Then Some
- The Etekcity MSR-R500 Digital Multimeter is a practical tool for electricians, hobbyists, and general household use.
- The manual range dial makes it easy to select a range to measure current, voltage, and resistance-perfect whether for new electrical engineering students or pros who prefer setting the dial.
- It also comes equipped with a continuity buzzer to ensure your electrical components are still in working condition.
- Other features include a low battery indicator, overload protection, removable test lead extension caps, and a tough rubber sleeve to protect it from drops that may happen while on the job.
- Max.display: 1999, 3 1/2 digits
- Range selection: Manual ranging
- Overload display: Display OL
- Sampling Speed: 3 times per second
- Diode Test: Yes
- Continuity Test: Yes
Data hold function keeps measurements on the large display while you record them.
Light It Up
The display backlight makes it easy to read measurements in dark areas and at night.
Open up the support stand to prop up the MSR-R500 and make reading measurements easier.
The rubber sleeve ensures that the multimeter is always protected from wear and tear while on the job.
Properly test fuses, wiring, and even your battery to ensure everything is in order for your next road trip.
Test circuitry on hobby aircraft or wiring on LED strips for your next big project.
Diagnose faulty wall outlets, dead batteries, and even circuit boards. on appliances to keep your home up and running.
Compare with similar items
Large Screen Digital Multimeter - Volts Ohms Amps Transistor (hFE) Square Wave Output Diode & Audible Continuity Tester with Buzzer
INNOVA 3340 Automotive Digital Multimeter (10 MegOhm/UL)
Gardner Bender GMT-318 Analog Multimeter, 6 Function, 14 Range, AC / DC Volt
AmazonCommercial 2000 Count Manual Ranging Digital Multimeter
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
Do It All, and Then Some
The Etekcity MSR-R500 Digital Multimeter is a practical tool for electricians, hobbyists, and general household use. It is easy to operate and features many different functions for measuring current, voltage, and resistance, as well as continuity, transistor, and diode testing. It can be used to diagnose, assemble, and repair circuitry and wiring. Other features include a low battery indicator, continuity buzzer, and overload protection. It's tough rubber sleeve protects it from the drops and falls associated with the toughest jobs.
Built for Everyday Use
A Data Hold function keeps the measurements displayed on the MSR-R500 while you record them and a larger display makes the MSR-R500 multimeter even easier to read. Add in the LCD backlight and protective rubber bumper and this is the meter for every job.
Safety/Compliances: IEC61010 CAT.I 600V, CAT.II 300V, double insulation
Max.display: 1999, 3 1/2 digits
Range selection: Manual ranging
Overload display: Display OL
Sampling Speed: 2 times per second
Power: 1 x 9V 6F22 Battery Included (Low Battery Indication)
Diode Test: Yes
Continuity Test: Yes
Square Wave Output: Yes
Dimensions: 5.1" x 2.9" x 1.4"
DC Voltage: 200mV/2000mV/20V/200V ± (0.5%+2), 500V (0.8%+2)
AC Voltage: 200V/500V ± (2%+10)
DC Current: 2000μA/20mA ± (1%+2), 200mA ± (1.2%+2), 10A ± (2%+5)
Resistance: 200Ω ± (0.8%+5), 2000Ω/20KΩ/200KΩ ± (0.8%+2), 20MΩ ± (1%+5), 200MΩ ± [5%(reading-10)+10]
1 x Etekcity MSR-R500 Digital Multimeter
2 x Test Leads (pair)
1 x GP Supercell 6F22 9V Battery
1 x User's Manual
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Quite often I need to have a meter like this in various locations to make quick readings with a small handy-dandy VOM like this. Such a meter is often subject to physical and operational abuse and often bites the dust too early in its expected life span. Ergo, I tend to spend as little as possible for such a meter. This one I think is currently the very best bang for the buck. I will probably get another one for use in my mobile
tool caddy. I had this one for a while now, and I used it a lot in several applications. It is quite stable, has a lot of good features all of which work as well as one might hope for in an inexpensive device like this.
1. Consistently accurate on all scales/ranges when compared to 2 much higher priced meters (Tektronix DMM 870 and DMM 850), see pix.
2. Decent, solid feeling case with protective "rubber" boot to resist breakage when dropped.
3. Fits the hand well, feels great.
4. Nice crisp display with toggle on/off backlight.
5. Probes are properly sheathed, and the safety category is properly marked.
6. Best test beeper tone of the three.
7. Handy test tone (50 hz square wave, rich in harmonics) see pix... great for simple audio circuit testing.
8. Very uncommon high meg ohm range available. This is the only meter that I own that will accurately measure a 100 meg ohm resistor... see pix.
9. Least expensive of the three meters I compared.
1. Only one fuse, but that is one more than many inexpensive meters.
2. No automatic power off... also lacking in most inexpensive meters.
Nothing to report here... very decent meter!
1. The leads are of lower quality then you would expect, they don't have the feel and most likely the durability of other meters leads. I do like the protective caps that isolate the leads to a pen point vs without the caps which make them more probe like, and it does store the caps quite nicely right on the leads
2. Mine lacked the rubber protective casing they rave about in the original amazon image when I ordered. I checked everywhere in the box and it didn't have it
3. Accessing the battery on this is ridiculous. If you run into the situation where the 9v battery needs to be replaced it's quite tedious, and you will need to replace it soon if you store this for a long time past the batteries expiration OR if you use it a lot. It requires removal of four screws at the rear of the device and accessing the main board of the multi-meter to replace it then screwing it back. This could have easily been done with a easy access door with a sealed gasket, but instead they seal it up inside the unit and make it hard to replace.
4. As someone else mentioned they are clearly enticing people into 5 star reviews, and I'm not sure if it's against amazon policy to do so, but I also don't have the time to bring it up to amazon support like I have with other fake reviews on other products I've bought. The box contains a brochure/pamphlet/paper telling you that you will receive other free or cool items in return for a five star review on the amazon page then contacting them via email with the link of the review. This destroys the entire reason for reviewing a product and helping others! Rather then them creating false accounts and bots they are simply getting buyers to quickly scribe up a review even if the item is bad and then give it five stars.
All in all it's a great device with some issues but for its under $14 price point it's definitely worth throwing in your toolbag if you do any sort of automotive or DIY work from home.