|Item Weight||5.5 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.1 x 2.9 x 1.4 inches|
|Item model number||MSR-R500|
|Batteries||1 9V batteries required. (included)|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||✪ LCD Backlight display ✪ Hold Data ✪ Low Battery Indication ✪ Hands free testing ✪ Ergonomic design ✪ Overload Protection ✪ Buzzer Indicator|
|Included Components||1 x Etekcity Digital Multimeter, 2 x Test Leads (pair), 1 x GP Supercell 6F22 9V Battery, 1 x User Manual|
|Battery Cell Type||Alkaline|
|Warranty Description||2-YEAR WARRANTY: 1-year buyer assurance (with a free option to extend it by 1 more year), and lifetime support from Etekcity|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Etekcity Digital Multimeter, Amp Volt Ohm Voltage Tester Meter with Diode and Continuity Test, Dual Fused for Anti-Burn
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$1.94 (17%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ACCURATELY MEASURES: This multimeter can test AC/DC Voltage, DC current (Not for AC current), Resistance, Diode, Continuity and More. Sampling Speed: 3 times per second
- EASE OF USE: Data Hold button holds a reading; large backlit LCD with large digits is easily visible in dimly lit areas. Built-in support stand allows for hand free use
- SAFETY PROTECTION: The multimeter has overload protection on all ranges. Protective rubber sleeve around the multimeter adds extra drop protection
- HIGH QUALITY: This multimeter is CE & RoHS Certificated Product and deserves your trust
- NOTE: This multimeter cannot be used to test AC current! Please make sure the rotary switch is located at the right range during use
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Etekcity Multimeter Series
Your Reliable Electrical Assistant
Data hold function keeps measurements on the large display while you record them.
Open up the support stand to prop up the MSR-R500 and make reading measurements easier.
The rubber sleeve ensures that the multimeter is always protected from wear and tear while on the job.
2 built-in ceramic fuse tubes make the multimeter secure and reliable. Overload protection is active on all ranges.
What can this multimeter test? Can it test AC current?
No-- It can not test AC current.
It can test AC/DC Voltage, DC current , Resistance, Diode and Continuity.
Does it have a beep function to check connections?
Yes--The buzzer sounds if the resistance of a circuit under test is less than 70 ohms.
Does the multimeter itself need recharging?
No-- The multimeter uses 9V 6F22 non - rechargeable battery. Please replace with a new one when power is low.
Compare with similar items
Do It All, and Then Some
The Etekcity MSR-R500 Digital Multimeter is a practical tool for electricians, hobbyists, and general household use. It is easy to operate and features many different functions for measuring current, voltage, and resistance, as well as continuity, transistor, and diode testing. It can be used to diagnose, assemble, and repair circuitry and wiring. Other features include a low battery indicator, continuity buzzer, and overload protection. It's tough rubber sleeve protects it from the drops and falls associated with the toughest jobs.
Built for Everyday Use
A Data Hold function keeps the measurements displayed on the MSR-R500 while you record them and a larger display makes the MSR-R500 multimeter even easier to read. Add in the LCD backlight and protective rubber bumper and this is the meter for every job.
Safety/Compliances: IEC61010 CAT.I 600V, CAT.II 300V, double insulation
Max.display: 1999, 3 1/2 digits
Range selection: Manual ranging
Overload display: Display OL
Sampling Speed: 2 times per second
Power: 1 x 9V 6F22 Battery Included (Low Battery Indication)
Diode Test: Yes
Continuity Test: Yes
Square Wave Output: Yes
Dimensions: 5.1" x 2.9" x 1.4"
DC Voltage: 200mV/2000mV/20V/200V ± (0.5%+2), 500V (0.8%+2)
AC Voltage: 200V/500V ± (2%+10)
DC Current: 2000μA/20mA ± (1%+2), 200mA ± (1.2%+2), 10A ± (2%+5)
Resistance: 200Ω ± (0.8%+5), 2000Ω/20KΩ/200KΩ ± (0.8%+2), 20MΩ ± (1%+5), 200MΩ ± [5%(reading-10)+10]
1 x Etekcity MSR-R500 Digital Multimeter
2 x Test Leads (pair)
1 x GP Supercell 6F22 9V Battery
1 x User's Manual
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Quite often I need to have a meter like this in various locations to make quick readings with a small handy-dandy VOM like this. Such a meter is often subject to physical and operational abuse and often bites the dust too early in its expected life span. Ergo, I tend to spend as little as possible for such a meter. This one I think is currently the very best bang for the buck. I will probably get another one for use in my mobile
tool caddy. I had this one for a while now, and I used it a lot in several applications. It is quite stable, has a lot of good features all of which work as well as one might hope for in an inexpensive device like this.
1. Consistently accurate on all scales/ranges when compared to 2 much higher priced meters (Tektronix DMM 870 and DMM 850), see pix.
2. Decent, solid feeling case with protective "rubber" boot to resist breakage when dropped.
3. Fits the hand well, feels great.
4. Nice crisp display with toggle on/off backlight.
5. Probes are properly sheathed, and the safety category is properly marked.
6. Best test beeper tone of the three.
7. Handy test tone (50 hz square wave, rich in harmonics) see pix... great for simple audio circuit testing.
8. Very uncommon high meg ohm range available. This is the only meter that I own that will accurately measure a 100 meg ohm resistor... see pix.
9. Least expensive of the three meters I compared.
1. Only one fuse, but that is one more than many inexpensive meters.
2. No automatic power off... also lacking in most inexpensive meters.
Nothing to report here... very decent meter!
1. The leads are of lower quality then you would expect, they don't have the feel and most likely the durability of other meters leads. I do like the protective caps that isolate the leads to a pen point vs without the caps which make them more probe like, and it does store the caps quite nicely right on the leads
2. Mine lacked the rubber protective casing they rave about in the original amazon image when I ordered. I checked everywhere in the box and it didn't have it
3. Accessing the battery on this is ridiculous. If you run into the situation where the 9v battery needs to be replaced it's quite tedious, and you will need to replace it soon if you store this for a long time past the batteries expiration OR if you use it a lot. It requires removal of four screws at the rear of the device and accessing the main board of the multi-meter to replace it then screwing it back. This could have easily been done with a easy access door with a sealed gasket, but instead they seal it up inside the unit and make it hard to replace.
4. As someone else mentioned they are clearly enticing people into 5 star reviews, and I'm not sure if it's against amazon policy to do so, but I also don't have the time to bring it up to amazon support like I have with other fake reviews on other products I've bought. The box contains a brochure/pamphlet/paper telling you that you will receive other free or cool items in return for a five star review on the amazon page then contacting them via email with the link of the review. This destroys the entire reason for reviewing a product and helping others! Rather then them creating false accounts and bots they are simply getting buyers to quickly scribe up a review even if the item is bad and then give it five stars.
All in all it's a great device with some issues but for its under $14 price point it's definitely worth throwing in your toolbag if you do any sort of automotive or DIY work from home.