|Item Weight||8.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.4 x 2.2 x 2 inches|
|Item model number||Voltson|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Special Features||Encrypted protection for your information|
|Usage||Indoor use only|
|Assembled Diameter||2.2 inches|
Etekcity 3 Pack Voltson Wi-Fi Smart Plug Mini Outlet with Energy Monitoring, No Hub Required, ETL Listed, White, Works with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control. Power your devices without lifting a finger. Does NOT currently support SmartThings, Homekit, or IFTTT.
- Track power usage for connected devices and figure out which devices use the most energy. You can effectively cut your usage so that you can save money on your next electric bill
- Easy to install and stable connection. Controlled from different devices and manage your home on your smartphone or tablet from anywhere
- Get ready to have a smart home and create customized schedule to automatically turn on and off any home electronics or appliances such as lamps, Christmas lighting, coffee maker, etc
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Add Alexa for voice control
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Complete Voice Control
Connect the Voltson to Amazon Alexa for voice control. At the sound of your voice, you’ll be able to turn on appliances across the room as your hands are busy with dishes, or shut the bedroom light off without getting up.
Ready for the Smart Home Era
The Voltson Smart Wi-Fi Outlet allows you to create customized schedules for your appliances so that they run on your schedule. You’ll find that automating your devices will help streamline your daily routine for a more efficient household.
- Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Works with IFTTT
- Schedule feature
- Timer function
- Energy saving
- Track power usgae
Simplify your life
Control From Anywhere
Turn on or turn off connected devices wherever you are at any time through any internet connection. The Voltson Smart Wi-Fi Outlet stays connected to your home network, so you can access your devices as needed on your smartphone through VeSync.
Light Up the Holidays
Power your festive holiday decorations the smart way. You’ll be able to view how much energy each device is using, so that you can perfectly time when to signal Santa’s sleigh.
No Hub Required
No confusing central hubs to set up here. The Voltson simply connects to your home network. Just enter your Wi-Fi password and you’re good to go.
Make your home smart
Track Power Usage
View energy reports for connected devices to properly track energy use around your home. Learn which devices consume the most energy, and create schedules so that you can save money on your next electrical bill.
Wake Up with Warm Coffee
Don’t waste energy switching your home appliances on and off every single time-set them up on a schedule to serve you according to your daily routine and preferences. Get a kettle started boiling even before you’re out of bed, or start preheating the oven as you’re pulling up the driveway.
Keep Your Kids On Schedule
Connect bedside lamps and night lights to have them turn on or off to keep your children on schedule. Whether it’s time for bed or waking up early to catch the school bus, the Voltson will help make sure your kids are well-rested and ready for the next day.
Manage your home, even from afar.
Control from afar
The Etekcity Voltson WiFi Electrical Outlet empowers you to remotely control your appliances, whether directly with your VeSync app (on your smartphone/tablet), or with Alexa voice control set up at home. Use it at home, from the office, or even from a cafe with Wi-Fi. Even create custom schedules so you can ditch double-checking your appliances all the time!
Make your home smart at saving energy and costs
Smart management actually helps eliminate excess consumption of electricity, since household devices can still eat up energy, even when not in use. This outlet also monitors a device's power usage via the VeSync app, so you know how much power each device uses. Be smart about home! Save on your bill, and save valuable energy.
Streamline home security
Moreover, for the extended days you're away, replace old-fashioned timers that are limited in function. This smart outlet can turn on lamps on a set schedule, or at a moment's notice as you're miles away.
Amazon Alexa Setup
1. Open Amazon Alexa APP on your phone;
2. Search for Skill "VeSync" and enable;
3. Sign in to your VeSync account in Alexa;
3. Go to Alexa Smart Home section and Discover your Devices;
4. Finish. Control your devices using Alexa.
Please note that your VeSync account is case sensitive, so make sure you have entered the right account in Alexa.
Or they will tell you account doesn't exist.
2 year warranty
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However if the above is not significant to you here is my othwise impression- Within literal 2 minutes of unboxing had the wifi unit connected and the app running, both without a single glitch! Smart Outlet device is small enough to allow use of second plug on the wall receptacle. Love the app with multi capable programming, energy monitoring and alerts, and very intuitive/easy to use! Between the safety certification issue & otherwise loving the overall unit & app performance = 3 stars on the fence. I personally just will only use this for temporary or easily visible supervised usage. Too many years of responding to dwelling fires and smoke inhalation victims of the furry and non furry kind to be stupid about this, And there have been some reports I read where these specific smart plugs malfunctioned! Encourage this company to get UL or CE certification, send emails, mention it in your reviews that you demand this...it's the only acceptable responsible thing to do if you sell to living entities and then make a profit off of them too!!!
However, there are a few things to be aware of:
- The android app requires permissions it really shouldn't need (Camera, Phone and Storage access). If you're on a recent enough Android version (6+), you can remove those permissions without seemingly breaking any functionality.
- The app asks you to register an account to use it, and requires you to receive an email with a validation code to do so, but the email never came, despite repeated attempts. However, you can "skip" the account login part, face some vaguely dire-ish warning for doing so, and get into the app where you can easily register new devices and use them.
- The whole package is made in China. The hardware, the firmware on the hardware, and the app. The app will send analytics to taobao.com, logs to umeng.com, etc. If you happen to browse the Settings->Feeback section of the app, you will be treated to a few seconds of chinese text before the english version loads.
- The hardware comes with a seemingly unlimited free subscription to a cloud service that mediates every operation. It maintains a constant websocket connection with one of two linode-hosted servers, from which it gets its instructions. This is how the mobile apps are able to operate the device from anywhere. This is great, up until the servers go away, and all those devices transform into pumpkins. This is a common situation with many IoT devices, but it bears to be repeated. Or maybe said once, since none of this product's descriptions mention this.
Which brings me to my current thought about this gizmo:
- the aforementioned websocket connection is not encrypted. A boot time, the device uses DHCP nicely, then resolves a hostname and proceeds to establish a websocket connection. From there, various bits of mostly self-documenting JSON fly back and forth to perform various functions.
- it is very likely possible to design a little websocket proxy that would put itself in between the device and its cloud, assuming the DNS server your DHCP server the device talks to is willing to point it at your proxy (custom router software like dd-wrt or tomato would be a great way to do that)
- at that point, it's not terribly hard to imagine short-circuiting their cloud service altogether. Or adding support for some IFTTT custom action.
In short, I strongly suspect this device can be hacked into being part of something greater than itself, although it seems like it may require having a little server sitting somewhere and being able/willing to tweak your LAN DNS configuration in slightly unusual ways.
Most recent customer reviews
Going to keep adding more plugs.. love voice command.
It really couldn't be simpler. Plug it in, install app, click add, click next next next. Done.Read more