Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 131 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 182 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 2, 2012
Most of the paranormal romance books I've tried to read have me rolling my eyes. I just don't enjoy them and...Don't burn me at the stake or anything but mostly I find them ridiculous. There. I said it. R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S in all caps even.

However, I did like a couple of the Black Dagger Brotherhood novels and I must say this book comes very very close to being just as good. I was shocked at how much it held my attention. I read it pretty much in one sitting.

It's well written, the world building aspects were extremely well done and not totally overblown like in some paranormals I've read and all of the characters (except for Trinity - I didn't trust her from the very beginning) were extremely engaging. It's cohesive and it flows. There's no "filler" or odd happenings that end up going nowhere.

Here's another shocker: I liked this enough to buy the next one. If it's even almost as good as this one, it'll be well worth the money.

I read a lot and don't normally do too many book reviews as I find them more on the subjective side rather than objective but I found this one to be on the high side of this genre and it's one I'd tell my friends and family to read if they are looking for an outstanding paranormal.

I highly recommend this book and I've put this author on my list of author's to keep an eye on.
on June 3, 2013
Logan is an emotionally dead herion using girl with the knack for knowing things she shouldn't and not caring. Kerestyan the vampire Lord of New York finds her and unknowingly starts to fall in love with her. his brothers don't like her and they tell their Father and he depends to meet her in 2 days. They have less then that to get her through withdrawal in the hopes his father doesn't kill her. Kerestyan is set up unknowingly by his sister Trinity who want Logan for herself. Logan is kidnapped by young vampires trying to blackmail Kerestyan. Trinity and Logan's kidnappers are brought to court in front of Lord Steven (Kerestyan's dad). Now that Logan is a Servis I can't wait to find out what happens next in this backwards story
VINE VOICEon May 1, 2010
If you are a fan of fangy romance, have an appreciation for thorough and layered world building and mythos creation, and have a special place in your heart for flawed/damaged characters, stop reading this review and start buying Eternal Seduction, because this one has it all. This book not only hit all my happy spots as a reader, it stroked them and made them wriggle with pleasure!

I loved it. I loved Logan, the heroine-addicted street waif with a jaded view of life and utterly disconnected with humanity. I loved her decidedly broken moral compass and her blase attitude coupled with a steely sense of responsibility for her actions and choices, however unsympathetic those may be. I loved that for as flawed and damaged a character as she was, she still had an intensity of personality that was as compelling to me as it was to Kerestyan. And I just flat-out adored Lord Kerestyan, the Ancient vampire who has spent at least the last several...several years in a sort of emotional ennui even as he rules the city of New York, watching out for the fledglings and keeping the Veil intact. When he stumbles onto Logan, a human aware of the existence of vampires, instead of killing her, he abducts her and gives her a choice. Live or die. The complexities of that simple-sounding choice have the power to change Logan and Kerestyan in ways they may not be able to comprehend.

With a totally unique vampire/werewolf/Paladin/Celestial mythos that I found to be astoundingly complete, original, and remarkably well defined (even for it being the Cliffs Notes version), a stubborn street waif that seemed fiercely determined to make her own way in the world regardless of cost or destination - and at times despite them, a sexy Ancient vampire that falls for said stubborn street waif with endearing alacrity, the ensuing romance that was enchantingly realistic given the character development of each of them, and a fascinating (and at times hilarious), well-developed stable of secondary and ancillary characters, Eternal Seduction has managed to reaffirm my rabid lust for dark vampire/paranormal romance. And the plot was very well paced with an enthralling mix of humor, tragedy, danger, and sheer grit, too. There just isn't anything I can say that's even remotely critical about any aspect of Eternal Seduction.

I suppose I could complain that the second book, Eternal Hearts, isn't available yet. That's a major downer. On the bright side, according to Jennifer Turner's Twitter page, it's in a final proofreading phase (whatever that means). It sounds a heck of a lot better than "it's not even finished being written yet," so I won't complain...too much. Beyond that, absolutely a five star read for Eternal Seduction, and one of my top two favorite reads of 2010 to date.
on May 19, 2014
Eternal Seduction is without a doubt a great book. I loved the story line. The way it played out was quite an adventure. Logan's character is such a great lead. Her sense of humor and outlook on life is extremely well written. I loved all of the characters portrayed. I like how Jennifer Turner added a different take on the typical vampire story. I look forward to reading the next book in this series. A must add to your tbr list. Definitely recommended.
on July 14, 2017
I NEED more! I absolutely loved this book! This is the first book I've read by this author. I can't wait to see what else she has written. Loved,loved, loved it!
on April 30, 2013
I had no idea what to expect from this book. I'm not familiar with this author and did not really care for the title nor the cover art. But may I just say, "WOW!!!" I really loved this story.

I may be jaded about PNR books, as I read so many. Yet what Turner does in this story is very fresh and interesting; shape shifting vampires; a detailed creation story that I have never heard before; a drug-addicted heroine; archangels; I could go on and on. It was very fascinating. If I was being nit picky, I would say that with such a complex world that she built, Turner could have fleshed it out more. In fact, I would have loved this novel to be in 2 parts to get more info on the Fledgling society and how the Ancients oversee their territories.

I loved, loved the heroine and her dry sense of humor. She was not a "kick a$$" heroine, which we see so much of in PNR books, but had wits, grit, and intelligence that put her as equals to any other PNR heroine I've read. Her match with Kerestyan (argh, that name! It tripped my internal voice up, trying to pronounce it.) was hot, hot, hot. Their intimate scenes were straight up great erotica, and the author didn't resort to using cliched erotica terms to get it done correctly.

Secondary characters were equally fascinating (Drake, brother Odin and dear old Dad Stefan) and could easily have their own spin off books. I was sad to have finished the book, which is an indicator of the quality of a story. I would recommend this book without hesitation (maybe not to my mom, though, who'd never recover from the sex scenes).
on February 5, 2013
This is my first Jennifer Turner and I was very pleased with it. I read most of the reviews before I purchased this book., to get an idea of what the book was about. But to be honest I still had my doubts about if I was going to like it.
No doubts now. The character's in this book were wonderfully written and I loved Logan. No matter what she knew herself. Even when the big bad Lord of the undead could have changed that.
I would recommend this book to friends and family in a heart beat. Again wonderful read!
on February 1, 2013
Hi! My name is Katie and I am addicted to free books on Amazon. I troll the top 100 books of all kinds in order to find good free books. I have a TBR (to be read) folder on my Kindle that I keep all of these books that I haven't read yet. Typically one of two things happen when I get a free book. The book is either crazy good or crazy bad. Typically it is the later. But every once in a while I get a free book that has me blushing, squee-ing, and cooking dinner with said book attached to my face.

Yesterday I started to read Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within #1).

Yes, it is a vampire book and yes I realize that these books have been overdone. However, this book sucked (no pun intended) me in due to the backstory that the author has going within this book on how vampires came to be. It really captured my attention and I wasn't able to put it down. Logan, the heroine, pulled at my heart strings from the get go. I loved how she dealt with her problems head on and accepted fault for the decisions she made. It wasn't your typical "whoa is me" heroine that the world has wronged. The book has angst but not too much that had me want to not continue reading. I felt that the book was very well balanced with character development, backstory, and story continuation with future stories to come.

I am hoping that the author continues with this series because I am really enjoying it. Currently onto book #2 featuring Drake. Not quite sure "what" he is yet but I am excited to find out.

Cheers!
on May 4, 2012
The title is quite strong but the book is nice, pleasant to read and Jennifer Turner's style easy to follow and enjoy. I have read some of the higher rated reviews and it's not that I disagree but more that I just don't agree that strongly. We have a dark moody vampire who falls inlove with a bad girl who cleans up as Logan does with great finesse. If it had a different title I might not have felt the slight disappointment that I did and perhaps could even explain why. Sometimes it pays not to think to much and just enjoy. I will read the next one.
on March 27, 2012
Love Love Love this one!
I could not put this book down. It was gripping from beginning to end. There is nothing conventional nor predictable about this book. I loved all the characters in this one equally. They all bring something intense, intriguing, hilarious, or just flat out sexy no matter how brief their presence.

There is one character I really want to know more about though.. Drake.. I plan on getting the second in this series soon. Hopefully it will continue to get better and better.
I highly recommend this read.