Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on August 21, 2016
As a Christian Rock promoter in the 1980's, I worked with a lot of talented Christian musicians. Back then we had bands like Resurrection Band, Servant, and many others. Some had stronger faith than others, and some had stronger messages in their music than others. Everyone seemed to like our live shows except some of the churches, most of which thought we were playing the Devil's music. Most of them could not tell the difference in a bass and a lead guitar.
I love the Facedown bands, with War of Ages as my favorite. I feel like I have developed, or been gifted, with the discernment to tell a devoted Christian Band from one who just shouts "Jesus" every few lines. For one thing, they don't make the money they can if they dump the "God" image. I have been wrong, but I have listened to War of Ages for several years, and even talked with their record company, and I believe they are the real deal. Besides, if you are not listening to them for their message, you will not be disappointed.
on May 1, 2010
War of Ages' previous albums are heavy, and well produced, but they just don't stand out compared to bands like Becoming the Archetype, As I Lay Dying, and Haste The Day to name a few. However, "Eternal", has changed that. This is by far their best release, their most interesting listen, and as heavy an album they've recorded. They're not a fast and furious, blast beat type of band, but they offer a great dose of metal. The use of clean vocals is outstanding. They are a natural fit in the song and don't sound forced at all. Some scream-o bands seem to get too "formula" in their use of clean vocals, but Eternal hits a home run. The only complaint I have is the under 40 minute run time. They once again hooked up with Tim Lambesis and this is Tim's best production work. In my opinion, Eternal has moved War of Ages out of the average band category. I've had the album for about a week now, and it hasn't left my car CD player. It went immediately on my MP3 player, and my computer at work. I'll be seeing them in concert this month with As I Lay Dying, Demon Hunter, and Bless the Fall. After listening to Eternal, I can't wait.
on November 16, 2016
Not as good as I thought based on the samples. I really wanted to like this band.
on March 11, 2015
An excellent addition to my library of Christian metal bands! I absolutely loved it! The guitars are amazing, the vocals are great, and the drums are heavy. Recommended for any metal fan.
on December 30, 2015
Great Music
on August 11, 2015
Great cd great band :)
on October 28, 2014
Awesome album. Thanks boys, your music keeps me on track with God, 5/5
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2013
Awesome cd by an awesome band; no scratches(which a couple of the cds I got from amazon had), came quickly, and I listen to it almost every day.
on March 28, 2013
These guys do not disappoint. I have yet to find an album by them that I wouldn't listen to all day. Thanks for your ministry!
on October 31, 2011
AMAZING CD !!! TO ANYONE WHO BASHES ON THIS YOUR A BUM! EVEN HAS POD ON ALBUM!!! YESS!!! EGGS EGGS EGGS EGGS