Spring Deals Automotive HPC Magazine Deals New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Showing 1-10 of 80 reviews(3 star). See all 741 reviews
on July 21, 2014
This type of "series" should have a mandatory writer warning: You will have to read "blank" number of books before I finally decide to give you a complete story. So, since I haven't read the entire series, I can't say if this story is worthy of more stars. It's not done.

The storyline built to our main characters in a life or death struggle, then it ends with them talking about their relationship. Come on. That particular ending would have been ok if the very important necklace mystery had been solved first? I will not read another book in this series.

I believe the characters and the premise of the story are developed well enough for the writer to have tied up more loose ends in this book and still had enough content to have written others each with its own beginning and ending.

If you are into continuing sagas then you may enjoy this book. I did until the nonend.
on May 30, 2015
I tried this twice. The first time was so forgettable that I tried it again, only to remember it, sort of, about halfway through.

It is almost good, but the main character is just too immature for me. I know she is a high school student but the danger she puts other people into by being selfish and short sighted is just too much to swallow.

I would have given it one star, but I do think that a lot of people would really like it. It is fast paced and the good guys are likable, while the bad guys are surprising.
on August 4, 2011
After moving to Paragon Island, Skyla has had some pretty bad luck. Her mom got re-married to none other than a complete weirdo, she moved into what she thinks is a haunted house- and the worst part yet- her room belonged to a girl that was murdered. Soon finding very uncommon parallels to the life of this girl- like her boyfriend, room, LIFE- Skyla begins to wonder if she has the same fate...

Okay, so I gave this book 3 stars- it really was not too bad. The reason why I gave it three stars is because of the beginning. It feels like nothing is going on- but it may just feel this way for me. For someone (like me) who reads books every day, and sometimes starts and finishes one in less than 24 hours- these plotlines are beginning to get OLD. I need something different! Numerous similarities aside, this book was interesting- and the ending did not disappoint me.
on December 31, 2013
Let me start off by saying I love the plot and premiss of this book. I really do. It's different and refreshing among all of the Twilight-spawned fiction that has permeated the YA genre as of late. However, its hard for me to relate and connect with the characters because of how wishy-washy and immature they are. There is this huge revelation with Skyla's arrival but it is shadowed by the insta-love triangle that is old and overplayed, Skyla comes off as a total moron when it comes to the two guys and her search for answers, Logan comes off as a total d-bag with his secretive attitude about the truth and his subsequent treatment of Skyla, and Gage (my personal choice) seems to be the sincere and quiet one that waits for his chance. After reading Ethereal Knights, the Logan/Gage POV companion to Ethereal, my position on the depth of the characters and the quality of the writing is furthered. I want to read the 2nd book just to see but Ethereal Knights was supposedly written after the Celestra series was completed so I have my reservations.
on October 16, 2012
So first i find it funny that the Queen B has my name, hmmm I guess I can still like the story.
I really wanted to love this book.  Addison Moore is pure awesomness as a person however in alI  honesty I couldnt back it 100% :(
I enjoyed the basics of the story very much.  Skyla, Brielle, Logan, Drake and Gage are all fun characters to get to know.  My complaints here are in the execution of the story.  From chapter to chapter scenes didn't flow as seamlessly as I think they could have.  It felt very choppy.  I'm looking forward to reading Book 2 to see how Addson Moore grows.  I hear the series keeps getting better
Story-4 and Execution-3...wish I could give it a 3.5 but have to go with 3
on April 17, 2013
I really enjoyed this book and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series. The characters are well developed and its easy to follow along. I don't get why some reviews said it was hard to follow. It wasn't. It seriously needs an editor. She needs to stop writing and fix these stories before moving forward. They are good, just not edited.

I gave only 3 stars because its not original. It's the same paranormal love triangle as all the other books out there. But those are the types of books I love to read! It also needed some serious editing.
But don't let that stop you from reading it and enjoying it as much as I did!
on January 2, 2014
There is such a thing as too much...the overdone figurative language describing every door, window, fog are distracting! Yet, for all that, the plot is original, the main characters(yes, Ken abd Barbie) perfect, but still charming...the angel aspect a refreshing break from vampires and werewolves. I am sure to read book two in hopes it is more like the last 50 pages of book 1. The end of the book hooked me, so I guess the author did her job.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 2, 2016
Skyla Messenger has a special gift. She is able to read people's minds when she touches them.

When her mother remarries after the death of her father, the family moves to Paragon Island into a house that is rumored to be haunted. That's when Skyla meets Logan Oliver, the best looking boy she has ever seen. The best part is he likes her too and he has the same gift she does. Not understanding what this gift means, Logan holds the answers to her questions, but he is reluctant to share them, leaving her to believe that maybe he has a few secrets he is unwilling to share. Secrets he doesn't want Skyla to know. Logan is afraid that the more she knows, the more danger she will be in as a legion of earthbound angels will want her dead once they discover her true bloodline. Will Logan be able to save her? And will Skyla be able to keep Logan?

I had this book sitting in my Kindle for a couple years. I couldn't remember why I got it since it's not typically the type of book I read (I've read a few YA paranormal romance, but not many) and after reading some reviews, I was a little apprehensive in starting it. I'm glad I decided to because it wasn't nearly as bad as some made it out to be. Was this a great book? No. Was it a bad book? No. I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Some of the things that people complained about made me wonder if we were reading the same story. As an example, I saw one review where the person complained that Skyla kept mentioning she was a virgin, yet I only saw this stated twice. I do agree with some though that there wasn't much relationship development when it came to Skyla and her new friends, and the romance between her and Logan did come on very strong, very fast, but it's pretty much your typical YA paranormal romance so that didn't really surprise me. I would have liked it if the author would have focused a bit more on explaining her father's death and also why Skyla had such a strong dislike for her step-father, but aside from that, it was a fun, quick read and I was able to finish it in one sitting. If you like Twilight or books that are similar, then you will most likely enjoy Ethereal.
on December 4, 2017
Light reading just to pass the time. A little bit too much on the hunky heroes. Also no real conclusion.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 21, 2013
This book has a mysterious and delicate plot, as its title implies. It is written from the heroine's point of view, and the tone is immediately gloomy, enigmatic and filled with uncertainty, much the way a teenager, anywhere, would feel. But this teenager, apparently, is special.

Skyla Messinger is a high school junior who is relocated from Los Angeles along with her new blended family by her mother and stepfather. Skylar resents her mother for marrying her new stepfather. In a mysterious new place surrounded by clouds and mists, Skyla seems at peace in this place so unlike California, where the sun does not seem to shine. Her room in their new house seems to have a "presence." Through her neighbor, Brielle, she learns that the girl whose room she occupies was murdered. Through Brielle, she meets cousins Logan Oliver and Gage Oliver. Skyla is immediately drawn to Logan, and discovers she can read his thoughts, and he hers, through simple touch. Their mutual interest and preoccupation is to be together, but their togetherness, itself, creates dangerous scenarios for them both. Can their tender love survive the mounting army of presences born and sworn to tear them apart and destroy them?

I was unable to fully immerse myself in the fantasy created by Addison Moore, and this is not because of her writing, which is done well. I had the same problem with "Twilight:" I simply could not willingly suspend disbelief. It is many years since I was a teenager, and I am sure this distance prevented me from easily transitioning into Skyla's world.

This book was an interesting read, but I'm afraid I was not really able to immerse myself thoroughly into the storyline to enjoy the outcome, and subsequently, I will not be purchasing the sequels to this story.