Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "The Ethical Journalist: Making Responsible Decisio...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save over 90% off the $76.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Ethical Journalist: Making Responsible Decisions in the Pursuit of News 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Excel 2016 For Dummies Video Training
Discover what Excel can do for you with self-paced video lessons from For Dummies. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Gene Roberts, former executive editor of The Philadelphia Inquirer, former managing editor of The New York Times, former professor, University of Maryland College of Journalism
“The Ethical Journalist is like GPS for sound decision-making.”
- Jim Naughton, President Emeritus of the Poynter Institute of Media Studies
“Gene Foreman practiced and championed high ethical standards in newsrooms for decades. He’s now written a clear, compelling text on journalism ethics. It’s practical, principled and powerful.”
- Robert M. Steele, Director of The Janet Prindle Institute for Ethics, DePauw University
“Gene Foreman, a great editor and teacher, has produced a comprehensive – yet very easy to read and use – guide to journalistic values and ethics that shows journalists and students how to make responsible decisions about news in print and cyberspace. An essential road map for a rapidly changing journalistic landscape.”
- Leonard Downie, Weil Family Professor of Journalism at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Arizona State University, and former editor, The Washington Post
“...Readers’ tendency to oversimplify ethical method will be challenged by Gene Foreman’s The Ethical Journalist, which I find more complex and engaging than other texts, and which will, therefore, become the first ethics text I can comfortably prescribe – for both graduate and undergraduate classes....The book’s tone is thoughtful but forthright, its style clear but engaging, its stance fair but unabashed. It’s obviously written by a practiced craftsman who is passionate about his work, and curious about its dilemmas.”
- Ivor Shapiro, chair, School of Journalism, Ryerson University, in a review in Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly, Summer 2010
“At a time when the Internet has turned journalism inside out and blown up long-held traditions, the need for media ethics is even more critical. This is the book to help guide students and the rest of us through the revolution.”
- Alicia C. Shepard, former NPR Ombudsman
“I am blown away by how good this book is. It is practical, insightful and even-handed.”
- Tim McGuire, Frank Russell Professor of Journalism at Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, Arizona State University, former editor of the Star Tribune in Minneapolis
"In a new book, written as a text for journalism students, former Philadelphia Inquirer managing editor Gene Foreman draws on half a century of journalism experience to chart a path through the thicket."
- Green Bay Press-Gazette, November 2009
"The book provides a foundation in applied ethics in journalism, and examines the subject areas where ethical questions most frequently arise. Many other real-life episodes are cited in the book's narrative to illustrate how journalists have dealt with ethical challenges."
- Penn State Live, August 2009
Top Customer Reviews
I wrote up something here, inspired by the book: [...]