Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on September 27, 2012
This was a great book. I was not sure what to expect when I took the class but it was well laid out as is this book with great topics. When I think IT I don't think ethics but when you read about issues that have come up over the years it really makes you think. I never realized that an issue existed over software or code. Was code property? Should a program be treaty as such? It is all here. If you are curious about ethics in IT, this is a great book. I know a new edition is out but if you don't need it for class and you just want to read it for your own knowledge, save the money and grab this edition.
on August 23, 2016
I rented the e-book and it is completely in black and white, no color at all. Some of the pages are really dark too. It is very hard to try and read this book on a computer screen, please preview the 'look inside' feature to see exactly what I'm talking about. Only the cover is in color. More than one star because the entire book is searchable and text is selectable.
on March 7, 2017
I got it fast. was able to turn in my first paper the next day. better then buying the book and then reselling it.
on December 29, 2016
Cheaper, easier, and more versatile renting kindle ebook for the semester.
on October 9, 2015
Basic book....but it's way too over priced! I hate when publishers rip you off. Try to get a used copy! I'm just a programmer and this was required for a course (don't know why we needed to take this useless course) and the info in the book is almost completely useless.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2015
Good
on July 25, 2012
Pros: Timely and relevant vignettes introduce each chapter. Information is well-organized and presented in a simple, easy-to-follow format. References include articles from as recent as 2011. Plenty of cases and review questions to help cement your newly acquired knowledge.

Cons: Though they are not lacking in quality, Cengage produce are pricey! Always shudder just a bit when I see them listed in course requirements. Adding page numbers to glossary entries would be a plus.
on January 12, 2017
Exactly as stated in description very happy with it I only returned it because the college changed the book at the last minute
on December 11, 2013
This book was very relevant to ethic in the IT field as well as generally. It was not very helpful for my class specifically at Oklahoma State University and I wish I had not purchased it, but it was informative at least.
on August 21, 2016