- File Size: 200 KB
- Print Length: 14 pages
- Publication Date: May 5, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004ZLVLTY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Ethics Kindle Edition
Discover the Magic
Of Harry Potter with Kindle in Motion. Read on any device. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
There's no real payoff to reading his looking down his nose rant at the end of the story. You end up feeling pretty unsatisfied with the loss of ten minutes or so of your life at the end.
The author takes you on a train journey with an older, very prim-and-proper, English gentleman who basically complains about each and every situation he is in on a train ride: I mean everything. He has some flashbacks to a tryst with his secretary, and then he is arrested at the end of a train ride.
Unfortunately, there is no background information for the dramatic conclusion and the author leaves you hanging, with a big "huh?" at the end: I felt like I had wasted the ten minutes of my time it took to read this one.
There are a lot of good short stories out there for you to read, and this isn't one of them.
This very short story is a character study of a purposefully loathsome person. However, at the end, we discover that we don't know everything about him and he's even worse. There are literally dozens of short stories that explore this theme. Do yourself a favor and find one of the better written ones that doesn't rely on the reader's suspension of belief to work.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 30 minutes (12-21 pages) > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery