Ethique Eco-Friendly Laundry Bar & Stain Stick, Flash! Sustainable Natural Laundry Bar to Wash Clothing, Dishes & even Hands, Plastic Free, Vegan, Plant Based, 100% Compostable and Zero Waste, 3.88oz
Enhance your purchase
|Scent||Lavender, Peppermint, Coconut|
|Unit Count||3.88 Ounce|
About this item
- MISSION: We're on a mission to rid the world of plastic waste while offering our customers 100% sustainable, ethically sourced products, made from natural and effective ingredients. Better for you. Better for the planet.
- PROBLEM: Plastic. Over 40% of plastic comes from product packaging (We're changing that!) 80 Billion plastic bottles disposed of around the world each year are from shampoo & conditioner alone. 8 Million tonnes of plastic end up in the ocean every year. 9/10 fish have ingested microplastics according to studies. By 2050 there will be more plastic in the sea than fish. Only 9% of ALL plastic ever made has been recycled. Every person on earth consumes 40,000 microplastics each year.
- SOLUTION: Ethique is the world's first zero waste and most sustainable lifestyle beauty brand. We use biodegradable ingredients and compostable packaging so all our solid bars leave no trace (except the luscious skin and hair it leaves behind, of course!). Our products are super concentrated so by switching to beauty bars, you're saving plastic bottles going to landfill. Ethique is New Zealand's highest scoring BCorp as well as carbon fiber neutral and living ware employer.
- JOURNEY: To date we saved our planet from over 5 million plastic bottles! We’ve converted thousands of fans to plastic free beauty and are genuinely making a difference to the amount of plastic waste made and disposed of every year. Our new goal is to save 50 million by 2025 (and we're on track already!). To put our money where our mouth is, each year 20% of our profit goes to charities fighting alongside us to protect the planet. Join the revolution and #giveupthebottle
- FLASH!: 3 Plastic Bottles Prevented - 1.1 Liters of water saved. Our first bar for the home, Flash is a solid laundry bar. Perfect for hand washing delicates, taking away when travelling or for when you are out in the wilderness & need to wash clothes, dishes or even hands. Not suitable for washing machines. Made with 100% biodegradable ingredients, pure essential oils & white Kaolin clay removes oils & dirt. Smells beautiful & will last for wash after wash. The perfect travel companion.
From the brand
We're on a mission to eradicate the world of plastic waste and we want you to be a part of it.
We started our revolution in 2012 when our founder, Brianne, began making natural beauty bars, in her kitchen, as an alternative to the 80 billion plastic shampoo and conditioner bottles thrown out globally each year.
Since then, Ethique has grown out of a Kiwi kitchen into a fully-fledged, award-winning International beauty brand. We're conquering the beauty world one bar at a time.
Today, we've stopped over 3,400,000 plastic bottles ending up in landfills - and that's just the start of it..
|Shampoos||Conditioners||Samplers||Bodywashes||In-Shower Storage Containers||Deodorants|
|Benefits||Pinkalicious was created to celebrate our 5th birthday, but was so popular we brought it back, for good! Infused with pink grapefruit and vanilla, its the perfect addition to your beauty bar collection.||The Guardian was created for those people who suffer from very dry, very damaged or frizzy hair. It will tame your frizz, hydrate dry hair and make your hair look smooth and lush.||Dip your toe in and try out Ethique's range of best-selling hair products. The Hair Sampler contains the following five samples; Frizz Wrangler, Heali Kiwi, Wonderbar, Saint Clements and The Guardian.||Designed for sensitive skin, this bar is unscented though you do catch just a hint of coconut from the coconut oil in the bar. Made with oatmeal to soothe and kaolin and charcoal to cleanse.||Our in-shower containers extend the life of your bars by keeping them dry but allowing them to breathe. You can fit one shampoo bar and one conditioner bar per container.||The Rustic Solid Deodorant is a gentle deodorant bar for all skin types. It help prevent body odor and lessens sweating. Our deodorant bars are made without aluminum or baking soda. Infused with jojoba and sweet almond oil for silky smooth underarms.|
|# bottles saved||3||5||1||1||Extends life of bar||2|
|Vegan, Cruelty-Free, Palm Oil Free, Sustainable, Plastic Free, Compostable||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Package Dimensions : 2.4 x 2.3 x 1.5 inches; 3.88 Ounces
- Date First Available : November 4, 2017
- Manufacturer : Ethique
- ASIN : B07769FVLD
- Best Sellers Rank: #56,150 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #342 in Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Customer Reviews:
Compare with similar items
Sodium cocoate, water/aqua, glycerine, kaolin clay, Bicarbonate of soda, citric acid, coconut acid, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) oil, Lavandula augustifolia (lavender) essential oil, tetrasodium etidronate, pentesodium pentetate, linalool, coumarin, d-limonene
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros: The cardboard packaging rather than plastic, how condensed it is rather than a huge plastic bottle, the smell, it’s cute, portable. Super easy to stick a small scrub brush on to wash dishes.
Cons: it is soap, and not detergent. Im not a chemist, but apparently this is a very important distinction. It is advertised for clothing AND dishes. After 2 days of use, I’m already getting a waxy build up in my sink, and it would do this in the laundry machine too - which is no good. I have Hard Water* which makes that really build up. So until I move into a place with a built in water softener, I cannot use this for dishes anymore :(
2nd important con: it does not last long. If I get a weeks worth of use out of this, that will be great! For $8.. that’s super steep. I’m going to have to look elsewhere, and possibly return to liquid soap until a good bar comes out.
*For those that don’t know, I’m no expert but here is a quick start guide: there is a scale how much calcium is in your water which images of can be easily searched for online. Hard Water is not the worst place to be, but it’s pretty bad. It means soaps don’t get very lathery and they leave the skin very tight, dry, and squeaky - whereas having soft water leaves the skin super soft and silky, slippery. For laundry, it means calcium starts to crystallize in ones clothing, trapping bacteria and anything else you’re trying to wash out. From my experience, this makes clothing smell bad even after it’s washed (that can take several washings before it gets to that point... idk how many.. 12-100? And probably sooner if you have something really stinky you wash with everything else?). I suspect that it means arm pits of shirts will smell like BO almost as soon as you sweat, even though you’re super clean. I also suspect it may make it difficult to get rid of reoccurring yeast infections. And if you’re having trouble with dirty smelling socks.. I’m not an expert though. I just learned a lot when I cloth diapered, to make sure they got very clean to prevent rashes and what not. This meant getting water softeners like Borax. Check out Fluff Love University for where I got my data from - though quick warning: I don’t know if their data is still good as it seems those that started it and really knew their stuff retired, as the FB group became super snarky/mean/condescending when I understood that they had left.. so yeah. Sorry. Seek out a chemist for more detergent info? Lol
Top reviews from other countries
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.