Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 75 reviews
on April 6, 2015
Decided not to sell this book back when class was over because there was so much great, practical, and surprising information regarding different ethnic groups. I see this as a great resource to aide in the therapeutic relationship.
on April 5, 2017
just what I needed.
on May 23, 2017
This is a fantastic book! I am so glad I decided to invest in such an important book.
on September 25, 2015
This is a very helpful book when learning how to counsel people from different cultural backgrounds. This book gives detailed information about the traditional customs​ and views of each of the cultures, as well as providing information about suggested ways of counseling. Very good book for all counselors.
on July 26, 2015
This is an excellent book. I read the older edition for a diversity course as part of my doctoral psychology education. I sought out the book as I develop a training program for interns to enrich our discussions on ethnicity. I personally love reading it on my own for enjoyment also and I'm not even a family therapist.
on May 28, 2009
This is a great informative book. It does not generalize all Asian, Latin or Middle Eastern cultures.It breaks it down into individual countries. It also gives a cultural history of the target group and their assimilation into American society. It is the only one I know of that discusses European Americans as part of diversity. My only disappointment is that there is no discussion of South America. Overall this is an excellent book recommended to me by one of my Psychology professors.
on November 13, 2016
Pricey, but a great resource to have in the helping professions.
on February 1, 2017
very interesting
on February 6, 2017
Great book
on March 7, 2014
This certainly isn't something that I read for fun but I did find a lot of really insightful, new information in this text. It's one of the few texts from school that I haven't sold back.