Eton BoostTurbine 2000mAh Portable Backup Battery Pack with Hand Crank Back-Up Power (NBOTU2000S) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Backup battery pack with hand crank back-up power
- Great to take with you when you might not have access to power for recharging your devices
- 2000mAh lithium ion battery provides a full charge to most smart phones
- Hand turbine power generator to get power where there is none (maybe on a plane or camping)
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- 5V 1A USB output charges smartphones and other USB devices
- Press the button to illuminate LED battery charge indicator
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
For everyday or emergency use, this backup battery pack with hand turbine power generator will keep you all charged up and connected. It features a rechargeable 2000mAh lithium battery for power when and where you need it. With a lightweight and aluminum body it is convenient to take with you wherever you go. It includes a backup battery pack with hand crank back-up power. It's great to take with you when you might not have access to power for recharging your devices (or the backup battery for your devices).
From the Manufacturer
Rechargeable USB Portable Backup Battery Pack
A portable power Boost wherever you go
Get a power boost! BoostTurbine2000 from Etón is a durable back-up battery with a hand turbine power generator that provides power when you need it most. For everyday or emergency use, BoostTurbine2000 enables you to charge your mobile device anytime, anywhere.
Fast and Efficient
Fast and efficient, in one minute the hand turbine power generator can produce enough power for about 4 minutes of talk time and a few critical texts. When fully charged, BoostTurbine2000 fully charges most smartphones twice.
BoostTurbine2000 is made of tough but lightweight aluminum and with its sleek and elegant design it's compact enough to fit in your pocket. BoostTurbine2000 features a Micro-USB DC input to use with most smartphone chargers and a high output (2.1A) USB port for charging most mobile devices, including tablets. Press button to see LED indicator of battery charge level. BoostTurbine2000 is completely self-contained and it's all you need for an on-the-go-power solution.
- Backup Battery pack with rechargeable 2000mAh lithium ion battery
- Hand turbine power generator
- Fully charges most smartphones two times when fully charged
- Lightweight and durable aluminum body
- USB output to charge smartphone or tablet
- LED battery charge indicator
- Micro-USB DC input for use with smart phone chargers (iPhone block, etc.)
Top customer reviews
It. Charged my iPhone 5 from 40% to about 90% then did it again. Now the internal battery is dead and I am cranking it to change it back up. 1-2 min of cranking boosts my phone 1%.
For emergency power its great. If you plan on hand cranking it, make your call and find an outlet.
I will update once I have used it more, I have had it for 36 hours so far. But my power went out today so its a good test.
I have used this from time to time over the last few months and it works reliably. I have tossed it into my lunch cooler and used several times at work to recharge my phone. The usb plug charges the device quickly. it works even faster if you use a non computer high wattage port! It holds its charge while not being used quite well, I had 70-80% after 3 weeks on non use.
Last year my first unit stopped working, I would plug it in and crank it with zero response. I contacted the MFG customer service and they replaced the unit and paid for shipping! I think that this unit does not handle getting left in the car on hot or cold days well. the replacement unit has worked great for 8+ months now. The unit is rugged, I toss it in my electronics accessory bag and it bounces around with the spare cords, power bricks and is always ready for a quick charge anytime I need it.
1. It takes a lot longer to charge the device solely by cranking than I thought. I didn't know it would be 2.5 hours to charge it fully by cranking. But that's fine, It gives my devices the little boost they need sometimes.
2. It makes an annoying sound when you crank, it gets louder and higher pitched the faster you crank. I don't really mind this, but it was hilarious when my dog first hear the noise.
3. Lastly but not least, the cord that came in the box was a bit wiggly. It didn't want to sit in the socket correctly, but it still works. It's just loose. But luckily, I have my own Android chord from my phone.
Overall, this is pretty nice. It can come in handy for when in an emergency, and can give the extra charge you need when ever your phone is low. It also serves as something to do when your bored or you want to keep your hands busy for awhile.
Open I found quite a few scratches and dents on it. Only cosmetic damage but still damage nonetheless.
It fell apart the third time I used it but Eton is supposedly going to send me a new one which is nice. But, cranking for electricity is unreasonable, it took over 30 minutes of constant cranking to turn on an iPhone
I was comparing it to a 50,800 MAH power bank that runs my iPhone for 4 days straight. That was not a fair comparison.
I kept the product and I put it in my emergency tool kit as it will make a great emergency power source for a phone if the power is out for an extended period of time.
The crank will turn on a dead phone even if the battery pack is dead. However the second you quit cranking the phone dies.