- Save when you purchase in quantites of 3, 5 or 10 from Etymotic Research Enter code ETYMULTI at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Etymotic Research ER20 ETYPlug Hearing Protection Earplugs, Large Clear Stem with White Tip (Clear)
- Includes: 1 pair large fit ETY Plugs with clear stems, neck cord, and carrying case
- Replicates the natural response of the ear, so sound quality is the same as the original, only quieter. Music and speech are clear, not muffled.
- Reduces risk of hearing damage from loud noise such as concerts, theatres, airshows, parades, athletic and motorsports events.
- Enhances the music experience; Allows musicians to hear their own instrument and their blend with others.
- Not recommended for use with impulse noise, e.g., shooting sports. Not recommended for sleeping.
- Low cost, ready-fit hearing protection with cord and case
- Replicates the ear's natural response
- Sound quality is preserved
- Speech is clear, not muffled
- Reduces sound approximately 20 decibels at all frequencies
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
common risk factors
With deep roots in acoustic research and the hearing aid industry, Etymotic Research invented insert earphones in 1984. Innovation, education and hearing conservation are central to Etymotic’s mission, with products that accurately assess hearing, improve the lives of those with hearing loss, and enhance the listening experience of musicians and music lovers everywhere. Etymotic’s products are used by scientists, hearing practitioners, hearing-impaired consumers, professional and amateur musicians, and others who insist on superior sound quality.
Protect Your Hearing Without Loss of Clarity
ETY-Plugs are the world's highest fidelity non-custom earplugs. They reduce most noise to safe levels while preserving the clarity of speech and the richness of music. ETY-Plugs are configured to replicate the natural response of the ear canal so that when sound enters the earplug, it is reproduced unchanged, exactly the same as the ear would hear it, only quieter.
ETY-Plugs use a tuned resonator and acoustic resistor to replicate the natural response of the ear canal. This unique construction, combined with Etymotic's proprietary sound path, reduces sound levels evenly across the frequency range without changing the sound quality. Result: Music and speech remain clear, but quieter and safer. Foam earplugs reduce the high frequencies, resulting in muffled speech and music, but ETY-Plugs provide almost equal sound reduction (20 dB) across the range of hearing.
Natual and Clear Sound for Noisy Environments
ETY-Plugs reduce sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs. So you can reduce your risk of hearing damage for many noisy occupations as well as noisy venues--such as airshows, parades, athletic events and motor sports. When you're at a concert, ETY-Plugs protect your hearing without letting you miss out on any of the action. They're also ideal for musicians, letting them hear their own instrument and how they blend with others accurately and without distraction.
Available in Two Sizes
ETY-Plugs are available in 2 sizes (standard and large), each yielding the same sound reduction of approximately 20 dB at all frequencies. While all ears are different in size and shape, the two sizes of ETY-Plugs fit almost 100% of ear canals. Recent studies of both fit and seal, conducted at Etymotic Research and an independent lab, showed that the smaller of the two sizes fits the majority of ears and is recommended as a standard fit.
Regular use of these high-fidelity earplugs while practicing, performing and listening to music will protect hearing from the cumulative effects of overexposure to loud sound throughout life.
Size: Large Fit/Clamshell package | Color: Clear Stem/White Tip
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Let me start with this: No earplug can replicate the ears response while impeding sound. Just ain't gonna happen. At least not for any affordable price. But these aren't bad. I had formerly been using a pair of Combat Arms ear plugs - Peltor 97079 Combat Arms Earplugs - but they cut out too much of the high end. As someone who has very detailed hearing (over 20db better than average all the way up the scale) this lack of high end bothered me. So I got these.
- While not perfect, these are very effective. They have a natural response in much of the range of the human voice, meaning that when you're listening to your favorite song, you'll clearly hear the lyrics. That's a huge plus. Instruments might sound dull or different, but the vocals are usually what people focus on.
- If nothing else, the slightly dimmed highs make the bass sound very big.
- Come close to halving the sound coming in, judging by my headphone and stereo tests. The TV show I had on sounded almost the same.
- Comes with a nice case. The carry case is big enough for the two plugs and the included neck cord. Seems sturdy, and has a good seal to make sure you don't lose a plug. Like one of the picture notes says, squeeze the sides and it opens easily.
- Not quite as natural as advertised, but I doubt you could fault them for that. Many people might not even notice a difference in in the sound spectrum
- Arrived slightly misshapen.Read more ›
THESE guys though... They're reusable, washable and the.. little.. outside stem part is totally clear, which means they're not immediately noticeable by too many coworkers.. (I added a picture of my ear. :)) AND they only block out 12 decibels, which means I can work with them all day, take phone calls, (sometimes I have to turn the phone volume up, but not always) and have regular conversations.. and they're pretty comfortable..
These are the best high fidelity earplugs you can get without having them moulded to your ear canal. It is literally like turning the volume down, rather than altering the quality of the tones in different ranges (bass, treble). The only downsides are not related to the product specifically: They're easy to lose or misplace (not because they fall out, just because they're small). They get earwax on them. Problems you'd have with any earplugs.
I'm in the habit of wearing these all over the place. Concerts, bars, street fairs. They're a great way to save your ear drums without sacrificing the sound quality.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are the only earplugs I will buy. They used to make them *slightly* bigger and of a slightly softer material, but these are still the best.Published 2 days ago by Russell Harrison
I sing on VERY loud stages (because of speakers being to close or of blasting bass & electric guitars monitors = all varieties of frequencies, from high to low ends). Read morePublished 4 days ago by Gwen Quin
I bought these earplugs for a VERY loud concert. Not wanting to damage my hearing has become more important in my older years. That led to my purchase of these ear plugs. Read morePublished 5 days ago by RC