- Size (LWH): 818.9 inches, 393.7 inches, 185.04 inches
- Weight: 3.52 ounces
Other Sellers on Amazon
Etymotic Research ER89-2 etyBLU2 Wireless Bluetooth Headset
|Price:||$99.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$30.00 (23%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Flexible boom with bi-directional microphone provides best-in-class speech clarity
- High-output 8mm moving coil driver offers best-in-class output level and sound quality
- Rejects 10 times more noise than cheekbone style wireless headsets
- Includes 4 ACCU, Fit noise-isolating eartips, USB charging cable, windscreen and 2-year warranty
- Option to upgrade to an Etymotic CUSTOM FIT earmold provided in box
- Includes 4 ACCU, Fit noise-isolating eartips, USB charging cable, windscreen and 2-year warrantyOption to upgrade to an Etymotic CUSTOM FIT earmold provided in box
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Etymotic Research ER89-2 etyBLU2 Wireless Bluetooth Headset
Jabra Eclipse Wireless Bluetooth Headset B014EUQ492
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||GoodStuff!!!||Amazon.com||GoTek||Amazing Deals Online|
|Item Weight||0.22 pounds||0.66 pounds||0.5 pounds||0.16 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
The etyBLU2 is particularly suited for power mobile phone and home office users because it provides hours of comfortable wear.
The etyBLU2 is particularly suited for power mobile phone and home office users because it provides hours of comfortable wear. Unlike so-called "cheekbone" Bluetooth headsets - which require people to raise their voices so the sound is picked up by the microphone located far away from the speaker’s mouth - the etyBLU2 headset allows people to speak in normal or even low tones and be heard clearly, even when surrounded by noise. In fact, Etymotic’s ACCULocation close-proximity bi-directional microphone technology rejects 10 times more noise than cheekbone-style wireless headsets.
In addition, etyBLU2 listeners can hear conversations clearly without raising headset sound volumes to uncomfortable levels, so they don’t experience ear fatigue. Users can comfortably engage in wireless phone conversations for up to seven hours at a stretch. The etyBLU2 wireless headset also comes with multi-point technology for simultaneous operation of two Bluetooth handsets, a low operating-level battery warning function with both audible tone and visual LED, and a simple pairing capability for connecting up to eight different Bluetooth units.
What's in the Box
The etyBLU2 wireless headset comes with four ACCUFit™ noise-isolating eartips and a USB charging cable.
Best speech clarity
- High definition microphone with a close proximity boom ensures the optimal speech clarity in all environments
Best sound quality
- Designed with a high-output amplifier and a 8-mm neodymium driver for the clearest, most accurate sound quality and speech intelligibility
Best noise isolation
- Noise is eliminated at the ear up to 98% ensuring the clearest listening experience for any Bluetooth headset on the market
- An assortment of noise-isolating ACCUFit™ eartip options provide proper sealing of the ear canal
- ACCUFit eartips provide not only the best fitting seal, but also an extremely comfortable fit for all day use. Five ACCUFit eartips ensure your best fit.
- For the ultimate in personal comfort and fit, CUSTOMFIT earmold upgrade is now available
- Bi-directional 30 dB noise canceling microphone
- ACCULocation™ flexible boom allows close proximity microphone location for optimal speech clarity in noisy enviorments
- 35 dB - 42 dB of noise isolation depending on the ACCUFit eartip used
- High-output amplifier with audiophile grade 8-mm neodymium driver for superior sound quality and speech intelligibility
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:16 Mins|
I recorded calls made with the three headsets at freeway speed in the convertible with the top down. I started each recording with the windows rolled up, then rolled them down partway through. The recording for each product is included in my video review for that product. (See also Plantronics Discovery 975 Bluetooth Headset and Jawbone ERA Bluetooth Headset - Shadowbox - Retail Packaging. I included direct links to those sound tests in a Comment on this review.)
The packaging is fairly minimal, although let me take a moment to complain about one of my pet peeves: "human-proof" packaging - took me a good five minutes armed with sharp knives and scissors to get everything out of the box. Other than that, inside the box you find the headset itself, a collection of ear tips, a foam windscreen for the microphone and a short (6") micro-USB charging cable. There's no separate charger or AC power source - you need to plug the USB cable into a computer, powered USB hub or some other device.
The various earpieces are easily changed and it seems like there's enough variety that most people will find one they're comfortable with. The unit is very light and comfortable, and can be adjusted to fit in a totally non-intrusive way.
I had no troubles pairing the headset with a few PCs running Windows Vista and Windows 7, an iMac, an Android phone and an older Blackberry phone. Setup was easy and the device worked properly with everything I tried with no need for special drivers or tweaking settings anywhere. Range seemed at least the 30 feet typical with Bluetooth, and I haven't had interrupted calls or anything yet, except when the battery dies.
From a sound quality point of view, I'd give the unit four stars. It absolutely does a great job filtering background noise both ways, and people tell me I come through loud and clear without having to scream or be in a quiet room.Read more ›
It can be worn for long periods of time without ear fatigue. It is extremely lightweight and balances perfectly in my ear. The earpiece sits deep into the ear and it comes with 5 different size ear tips so you have the best comfortable fit. The volume could be better, even when I have it turned up to the maximum setting I have a hard time hearing the other person on the line sometimes. For this reason, I like using the foam ear tip which molds completely around your ear canal. I tell tell it is a snug fit because when I wear dangle earrings and they smack against the boom arm, it sounds like I am in a tunnel and the "clunk" is deep in my ear (hope that makes sense). Comes with two different sized windscreens to block out air currents if you are in a windy environment. You do have the option to upgrade to a custom fit earmold directly from the manufacturer. You can have a custom fit ear mold made from impressions taken of your ear canal. They look and remind me of hearing aids. They sell for $100 and you can order and schedule your appointment at the manufacturer's website.Read more ›
* It comes with a variety of earpieces in different sizes and materials so you can customize it to your ear.
* The volume and on/off buttons are easy to locate while you are wearing it.
* The audio is very clear on both ends of the call (I had a friend use it to call me so I could see how it sounds.)
* The battery life seems fine.
* Despite which earpiece I try, it won't stay in my ear even with the included ear clip. After a few minutes of use, or if I turn my head, it starts slipping out and I have to reinsert it.
* The volume, even on high, is too low for me to hear in a noisy location.
* The buttons are stiff and difficult to push. When I use the on/off button, I have to push so hard that the unit shoves way too far into my ear.
Because it is so hard to push the on/off button and because it seems to fall out of my ear after a few minutes anyway, I've started taking it out to turn it off and then I keep it out when I'm not using it. Not very practical and it's destined to get lost if I continue using it this way. I'm glad I didn't ditch my old Plantronics headset.
I did try it with my computer as a headset for IP calls and dictation and for this purpose I love it! Since there is no background noise I don't have a problem with the volume.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm not completely satisfied with this device. It will drop the connection to my smart phone and does last the full power after a full charge. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Paul M.
I can hear and be heard WHILE I use an air impact gun, run a compressor, and have my head 2ft from my LOUD old V8 diesel truck.Published 4 months ago by Dreadflint
I have purchased 5 or 6 of these etyBLU2 headsets over the years. These are the absolute best wireless headsets on the market. The most recent one that I purchased didn't work. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Gary P. Lessis
I used this combined with a custom earmold, and it works excellent. So easy to hear people, and everyone says I sound great.Published 5 months ago by K. Strain
I give this bluetooth a 4 STAR overall because it has the best clarity on both ends over many other top-rated bluetooths. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
One star because it turned on. Other than than... Doesn't stay in place. Keeps falling and moving away from mouth. Waste of my time and money.Published 5 months ago by jonathan mccormick
I love this earpiece. The sound quality is fantastic, it's like being in the same room with the other party. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
the noise cancellation did work well. I could never get it to stay in my ear. I also had problems with it connecting. Read morePublished 7 months ago by DAVID FALGOUT
Hoped this would be a solution to background noise for my conference calls while remaining mobile in my office but didn't really work. Read morePublished 8 months ago by MARTIN SOLER