Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 9, 2006
Etz Hayim is an excellent Torah resource. There are several reasons for this. A) English/Hebrew: The English and Hebrew transaltions are side by side and line by line. This makes it easier to do your own translating of the Hebrew text and compare it with the English translation provided. B) Two types of commentaries: Each page has two different types of commentaries underneath the Torah text. One commentary takes the text verse by verse. The other commentary gives a lot of background information and good exigetical information concerning the text. C) Essays: The essays are very good. Whether you agree with the points they are making or not, they give the reader much food for thought. Over all I have found the commentaries and essays very helpful and readable. D) The Torah is divided up into the parashot for each week. There are also special portions listed for holidays and special occaisions. After each weekly Torah portion htere is the Haftorah portion. This makes reading the entire parasha easy as it is all in one place.
on November 4, 2017
It's everything I expected and more.
on June 10, 2012
I knew what to expect. This is the Chumash that is used in my Congregation, and since I didn't want to steal one from the synagogue, I bought my own instead. You should do the same!
on April 24, 2016
I gave this as a gift to a doctor friend celebrating his 80th birthday. He belongs to a bible study group and I felt the commentaries and essays would help the discussions. I've always liked this publication.
on July 24, 2014
There is a great deal of information on Judaism as an added feature which is very helpful! The commentary is helpful for both historical and faith issues. It is my favorite translation for both study and meditation as I am a Gentile at this time.
on September 15, 2014
It's a great Torah with commentary! The print is large. I can read the Hebrew and English side by side. And the commentary notes are so enlightening. I feel like my understanding of the Word of God is increasing every time I read it!
on January 5, 2015
This is an outstanding modern commentary. Based on the JPS translation provides one of the best translations. Very helpful commentaries. The Haftarahs, with commentaries, are located at the end of each reading.
on January 25, 2016
Great Torah. Same one used at our synagogue. Hebrew on the top right page, transliteration below, English on the left page.
on May 3, 2015
Gives more Torah insights that help you see issues not thought of before, and get one thinking deeper on Hashem and His Word, our relationship with Him and others.
on March 24, 2016
Brand new and in original wrapping. Excellent product from an excellent vendor