- File Size: 610 KB
- Print Length: 240 pages
- Publication Date: December 21, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B005XD5IBA
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #723,014 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Eulogy's Secret (The Huntley Trilogy Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is one of those times I curse Amazon for not having a 1/2 star option. "Eulogy's Secret" really is better than a 4 star but there were just a few glitches that kept it from 5 star perfection.
This book is an absolute delight to read. Wonderful, yummy, sweet, sexy... oh the list could go on and on. Eulogy's determination combined with her compassion make her a heroine everyone falls in love with. She doesn't always make wise decisions and her innocence gets her into trouble more than once but through everything, her sincere desire to do right and stand tall makes her one of the most sympathetic heroines I have read in a long time.
Jack's character is a little more complex and not quite as understandable. He is human. Haunted by a betrayal he cannot overcome, he still finds himself drawn to Eulogy. His actions and reactions are at times frustrating. While one grows to understand and love Jack, it is our heroine that cements the desire throughout the story.
In reading this book, two things really stood out for me:
1. The beautifully written characters, Elliot wrote them so well, the reader not only loves them but becomes invested in their happiness AND they stay consistent to their personalities throughout the story!
2. The sexual tension in this story was incredible!! Oh my, was it written well! I absolutely LOVED the fact that Eulogy's character was sweet yet strong, even though she was not seen as "upper-class". She stuck to her convictions even when faced with her desire and love for Jack. L.O.V.E.D. IT! It had my heart thumping and hands sweating SO much more than if the author would have had Eulogy just give in. It was such a refreshing and riveting change from other HRs. I think that was also why I was faced with one of the few disappointments in the book. [SPOILER ALERT! ] Even though I completely understood when the sex scene came, I found myself actually let-down that it didn't happen after their wedding. Her determination and the tension was written so well, it almost didn't fit where it was.
That, along with an ending that became just a little too over-melodramatic, with too many life threatening events piled on top of each other too quickly, were the only drawbacks to an otherwise exquisite read. Bravo, Ms Elliot!
I love British writers, and yes, you can almost always tell. I adore hearing them talk, and really enjoy the slang they gravitate toward in their novels. A little sprinkle here, there is most enjoyable. Elliot is a good writer and one of her strengths is her ability to develop diversities in her characters and yet make them believable.
I recommend Eulogy's Secret to all readers who love Regency (and the ton) of course!
I can't wait to read more by Grace Elliot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews