Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on February 13, 2010
This turned out to be a pretty good little vacuum. Very lightweight, but then I've been using an ancient Rainbow and a bagless Dirt Devil, so just about ANY vacuum would feel lighter.

The 6833D has nice pickup power and the power beater bar is very effective. This model differs from the SurfaceMax in blue (don't see a numerical model identification) by having a different style handle grip, a 13 inch cleaning path and an automatic cord rewinder.

The on/off control for the beater bar is conveniently located on the handle grip, making it easy to go from smooth floor, without the power on, to your carpet or area rug - with the power then switched on. The adjustable suction control works great for vacuuming light weight scatter rugs.

What isn't so great is the lack of a swivel connection on the hose at either the handle or the canister. Makes maneuvering a bit clumsy, but not a huge problem because the unit is so lightweight.

This model came with a Turbo Nozzle/Power Paw, which only worked so-so for removing cat hair from upholstery, a dedicated Bare Floor Brush if you don't need the beater bar, an Upholstery Nozzle and an on board Crevice Tool and Dusting Brush fitted inside the canister. The upholstery nozzle was worthless as the first time I used it, then attempted to clean it using the bare vacuum wand, half of the glued-on "bristles" peeled off like false eyelashes and instantly disappeared into the depths of the canister! Oh well... I can use my old attachments left over from a prehistoric Kenmore.

I read a lot of reviews on many different vacuums before I decided on this one. I didn't want to spend a great deal of money, so I had to weigh which features were important to me. Lightweight, HEPA bag and filtering, which this model DOESN'T have - it has something called an Allergen FILTER, but no HEPA bag - my mistake. Unlike what was reported on another website, this vacuum has no problem picking up stray kitty litter and I don't see any marking on my floors from the hard plastic wheels. After wrestling with cords on both my old vacuums, the rewinder sure is nice to have.

True, the reports of fragile plastic parts and canister body are of concern, but that is what you exchange for "lightweight." Also, one may well suspect the hose will need replacing at some time in its lifetime. It is unlikely that I will be using this vacuum for 25 years as I have my old Rainbow, but ease of assembly and use rank high in my book. So, if you are looking for a manageable, uncomplicated everyday type vacuum, this will probably do the job.
on September 10, 2011
I've tried dirt devil vacs, Hoover vacs, upright and canisters, and not one was good. It was either too loud, no suction, or just spit everything everywhere. The first time I used this vacuum I was so relieved and amazed! It was much more quiet than my other one I could actually hear things in the other room! And the first sweep I took on the rug picked up everything, I didn't even have to go over the same spot twice! It also it very lightweight and moves forward on its own so its very easy on your arms and back. Does great on rugs and hardwood or tile floors. Also detaches easy from the base so you can easily take the base off without bending over to get those corners. One of the best parts is it doesn't leave the room smelling like you just vacuumed..the allergen filter works great and seems to make the air much cleaner after you use it. All in all its a great vacuum and an amazing price!
on July 28, 2011
Having had another canister brand, I was skeptical about this one.
However, it is an amazing vac and the price is even better!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question