Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 255 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 495 reviews
on January 26, 2015
Positive: The suction is great and the Pet attachment's suction is great.

Negative:
1- the Pet attachment's magnet is not strong so it can knocked off easily. Annoying.
2- the bagless container has two parts: the bottom portion which is very easy to empty. If you have pets (we have five cats so I vacuum every other day) then the container fills very quickly in which case I have to reach up inside to dislodge the fur trapped behind one of the filters. This is not easy or pleasant because you have to reach way up and the space is very narrow. If you have big hands you'd not be able to do this. So, then you'd have to detach the other part of the canister from the bottom part which is easy to do. BUT to reattach it is NOT easy. I have to do it each time. You probably think, "why don't you empty it each time you vacuum?" I do and it's a pain because hair still gets trapped. I imagine if you have one short-haired animal or a Golda-or Labradoodle then it would be less of a hassle UNLESS you have a new rug!
3- it's bulky.
I'd rather have bought a different one. Because it's primarily made of plastic in China it'll not last I'll probably be buying another within the year.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 6, 2014
We have a full house of pets and this vacuum has served us well! Has lasted us almost a year and for an affordable vacuum that is longer than most! Love the retractable cord a lot of people say these break over time and I am not gentle with my machine and mine still works fine.
The attachments are good too.
Also love the way you can use the hose for high places.
Would recommend!
on August 22, 2015
As with all vacuums, there are some great features and some that could use improvement. I love the long cord - can vacuum the whole house from the outlet in the center of the house. There is plenty of suction and the canister is easy to empty. I like the foot controlled on/off - beats fumbling around for a switch that is awkwardly hidden on the handle or bending over to reach one. NO on-board tool storage which is a pain and the lift tab in the front (if you want to lift the vacuum up/down the stairs) is essential worthless - very flimsy and small - hard to use. There is a lot of assembly required (not hard), but definitely follow the fairly instructions as it is not intuitive and I can see where you would be in trouble if you didn't go in the proper order. Some of the parts are a cheaper thin plastic - time will tell if this holds out.
on May 11, 2014
... I still like it. I don't LOVE it anymore, but I like it.

Some parts suck (pun unintended!):
- the little lip at the front of the cup came clear off (broke) when I emptied it. I didn't think to empty the cup before tossing the packaging, but I had so I was stuck with it. About to spend $16 on a replacement cup from an online vacuum repair shop because I am so sick of dust getting everywhere. That little lip was so important! How did it break so easily?!

- I can't pull apart the bottom to clean it easily. Maybe it's my own fault, but I like to use baking soda to clean/deodorize upholstery and it made a bit of a mess in that "clear window" and it's a pain the butt to clean. ***EDIT: this I cleaned by removing the four screws on top (when I went to replace the belt.)

- I have to wrestle the cup filter to get it out. Dust... everywhere. Thank goodness I cleaned the dust cup because now I can vacuum it all up. Then dump it out. Oh, wait...

The good:
It sucks HARD. Keep the cup empty and change those filters... the power is amazing. On carpet. Like other reviewers this just makes a mess on my tile. That's what brooms are for though :P

Seriously a mixed bag. If I had kept the packaging I might have returned it, but I haven't yet been super impressed by a vacuum cleaner. But I like this one, it's pretty good.
on November 28, 2011
This is the best vacuum I have ever owned. I used this vacuum in several homes and the amount of dust it pulled out of the carpeting the first few times was unbelievable. If you have long haired dogs, the canister fills quickly with hair. The beater bar is very effective but is hard to control on small throw rugs. Although the suction is extremely good, that is only true when the filter is fairly clean. The performance drops almost suddenly when the filter gets dirty. I use an air compressor to spray the filter and have to do this very frequently. The canister is very easy to remove and empty with a bottom that swings out but to clean the filter, you have to open the canister and unlock the filter. There is a bold label that tells you to clean the filter frequently - they mean it!

The hose attachments work well. Even the mini beater bar works well even though it is powered only by the suction. The brush generally works better than the wand or crevice tool because the suction is so strong it is hard to keep the wand/crevice tool from just getting stuck to whatever you are vacuuming.

The adjusters, switches, hardware overall is reasonably strudy. The cord holder is good with bottom hook that swings out to drop the looped cord. The top cord clip is junk and cord falls off too easily. I drape the cord over the top of the handle and hold with my hand. The beater bar is like any other in that you have to periodically remove long threads, string, etc.,. from the bar. I can't comment on replacing the belt because it has never broke.

As long as you can live with frequent cleaning of the filter, this is a great vacuum, especially for the price.
on December 10, 2013
We purchased this product a couple of years ago and it has performed like a champ! Belts hold up pretty well and are easy to find and easy to change. We would buy this product again.

My one issue is that it is difficult to put the cylinder back together after cleaning the filter. Regular dumping is easy, but unless you line up the filter area just right, it won't go back together.

*Update* June 2016

Seriously, what can I say about this product except that it has been a serious work horse in our house since we purchased it, and it is still going strong. It does show some signs of aging, but that is to be expected. The suction is still great and it still pulls up the pet hair like it did when we bought it! We've used it at our house and to clean our church and the worse issue we've had is changing the belts, which I consider normal wear and tear. We always complimented on how well our vacuum does when it is our week to clean. If it died today, I'd go buy another without a second thought.
on August 8, 2011
I have been using Kenmore canister vacuums for many years. The new bagless uprights have intrigued me and after doing a lot of research, I decided to purchase the Eureka AirSpeed Gold. Alas, not for me.

The positives:
1. Very powerful suction.
2. Carpet cleaning appeared to be fine.
3. Bagless feature is great.
4. Comes with HEPA filter.
5. Easy assembly (I did not experience the problems of other reviewers).

The not so great:
1. Rather heavy
2. Carpet brush does not turn off -even though the bare floor setting keeps the brush from touching the floor, I prefer for it to be off. Also, I would prefer for the brush to go off when I am using the wand.
3. Rather noisy, high pitched sound.
4. The suction is so good that when you attach the crevice tool, it is difficult to extend the hose (it keep contracting).
5. The powerbrush for the wand is too narrow in width.
6. Although optional, it does not come with a wide brush for the wand.

I think a lot of these issues could be fixed by the manufacturer and it would be a much improved product.

We have mostly bare floors and so this is not as useful as I imagined. If we had more carpet, it might be a different story. T
on June 13, 2013
We love it! I placed the order one day, the next afternoon it was on my front porch. One review said. 'you must follow the instructions' It is so easy to put together when you follow the instructions. Do it! Our other vacuums weighted 2 or 3 times more than the Airspeed. The Airspeed is built for work, it is not just a pretty face. Another reviews talked about the noise or the lack of. It was a little less noisy? I also saw a review where the cord and where it exits the vacuum is a problem then you try to back up. My wife had that concern right out of the box. Eureka solved that problem by placing a hook at the top of the vacuum cleaner to hang the cord on to keep it our of the way. I did not see that, my wife told me about it. Oh my gosh! The price is ridiculously low. If I can get years plus, service out of it, I will buy a new one and not fix this one. I can sale the extra belt they send with the machine on eBay, and knock down the original cost a little more. This vacuum exceeded all our expectations!
on November 30, 2011
I have had this machine for about 2 months. I needed a new vac for use in our motor home. The smaller one we had, I think it was a dirt devil, was so loud my husband would plug his ears, sounded like an airplane landing. I had just steamed cleaned the carpet prior to ordering this vac. Wanted to try it out before packing it in the coach...oh my gosh, it sucked up dirt still in my carpet. It fluffed up the carpet unlike the airplane model, made it look freshly vacuumed. It has excellent suction, and does not loose that good suction when turned to the tool mode. To me, it is like having all the benefits of a upright and canister machine. It has excellent quality contruction, solid and sturdy. This machine may be a little heavy for some, I have pushed around a lot heaver machines, and they did not have the suction that this machine has. You can switch from tools to carpet very conveniently with the large knob on the side. I do not clean it after every use, I just empty the canister and clean it thoughly every month or so, all the parts are washable.
on July 19, 2013
This vacuum has blown me away! For the price, it has all the features I was looking for: HEPA filtration, bagless dust cup, good for hair, pets, etc. It was very easy to assemble. The ONLY tricky part is re-attaching the dust cup after emptying. But if his minor detail is enough to deter you from emptying out the dust cup as frequently as needed (pretty frequently, considerinmg how much dirt and dust this vacuum picks up!), then you're pretty lazy. Oh wait, there's that pesky having to wind the cord (gasp!) by hand! Yeah, people are just lazy these days. FIVE UNAPOLOGETIC STARS!