Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 49% off the $59.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
|You Save:||$4.35 (10%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Riser visor for cleaning stair risors and upholstery
- On/off brush roll switch
- 23 foot reach system
- 5.5 Amps of power
- 20-Foot cord
- Strong suction with stretch hose cleans stairs, upholstery and even car interior
- Onboard crevice tool and Riser Visor for carpeted stairs
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Compact size makes the Eureka 71B very easy to store
Getting the Best Results
- Moving brush roll, power switch should be in suction only position when using hose.
- Do not use the cleaner without the dust cup filter properly installed. This can damage the cleaner.
- Some fine particles can restrict airflow very quickly and will decrease performance even before the dust container appears full. For that reason, when vacuuming carpet fresheners or cleaners, powder, plaster dust or similar fine substances, the dust cup and filter may need cleaning more often.
- Use the cleaner to pick up dirt and dust particles. Avoid picking up hard or sharp objects that could damage the vacuum cleaner.
- To avoid unnecessary service calls, check the hose, dust cup and motor filter often. Clear a clogged hose, empty the dust cup if it is full, and clean the motor filter when it is dirty.
Eureka EasyClean Vacuum, 71B
Handheld Corded Vacuum
Hand-held but very powerful, this Eureka model eliminates the hassle of lugging around a full-size vacuum for cleaning car upholstery, sofas, and carpeted stairs. A 20-foot long cord which can also be wrapped around for storage purposes, provides good reach, as does the deluxe hose that stretches to three times its length. With the crevice tool on the end of the hose, this vacuum reaches into all kinds of tight places. Its high power suction is driven by two motors. One motor provides power to the revolving brush and the other for suction. The 5.5 amp power allows this vacuum to clean deeply.
Ideal for quick pick-ups or cleaning smaller spaces:
- Clean your cars, stairs as well as quick messes easily with this light weight hand vacuum by Eureka
- The Riser Visor nozzle flips to easily clean upholstery and stairs vertically or horizontally
- On or off, brush roll picks up dirt from bare floors and area rugs
- With its ability to provide a quick yet comprehensive clean, it has formally been named "Quick-Up"
The Riser Visor Nozzle Cover
One of Eureka's innovations is the Riser Visor, a clear plastic cover that stays down for cleaning horizontal surfaces and flips up so the revolving brush can reach the vertical carpet on stair risers. There's no bag to change, just a filter and clear plastic dust cup to shake out when necessary.
The Riser Visor nozzle features a rotating cover over the brush roll. When the cover is in the normal position, the brush roll action is toward the bottom side of the nozzle to clean flat areas such as stair steps or upholstery. Twist the cover downward to rotate the cover down exposing the front of the brush roll for cleaning vertical surfaces, e.g. stair risers, furniture backs.
The Eureka Hand-held vacuum even removes the deeply embedded dirt from anywhere in your home or car. It is Ideal for cleaning stairs and auto upholstery. This hand vacuum cleans with the help of a revolving brush roll with Riser Visor, a stretch hose and attachments for getting into hard to reach spaces. The onboard crevice tool gets into those places that are too small for the brush roll to reach.
Easy Cleaning Steps
- Pull the crevice tool out of the base of the cleaner.
- Place the crevice tool on the end of the hose.
- When cleaning is completed, store crevice tool back in the base of the cleaner and replace the hose in the hose adapter on the cleaner.
- Pull back on the power switch to the “open cup” position and lift dust cup away from cleaner.
- Remove dust cup filter and dump dust cup in a waste container.
- The filter can be cleaned by brushing off over a waste container.
- The dust cup can be rinsed under running water and should be completely dried before replacing on cleaner.
Easy to use fingertip controls allow you to turn the power switch on and off
Cord wraps easily at the back of the hand vacuum making it convenient to store
Crevice tool gets into places that are too small for the brush roll to reach
Brush Roll and Riser Visor
The riser visor features a rotating cover over the brush roll. Brush roll action cleans flat areas, stair steps and upholstery
High power suction picks up dirt from carpets and upholstery
Simple Stair Cleaning
Recommended for cleaning staircases with ease
Perfect for Cars
Picks up even the tiny pieces of dirt in your car and on-board tools get into nooks and crannies
Washable Dust Cup
Pull back on the power switch to the “open cup” position and lift dust cup to empty. Easy to empty dust cup eliminates the need to purchase replacement bags
|Eureka RapidClean Step Handheld Vacuum, 41A||Eureka EasyClean Handheld Vacuum, 71B||Eureka RapidClean Pet Cordless Handheld Vacuum, 80A|
|Filter||Washable (Eureka DCF-11)||Washable (Eureka DCF-11)||Standard|
|Attachments||Crevice tool, 3 foot hose||Crevice tool||Crevice tool, dusting brush, charging stand, powered pet brush|
|Cleaning Path||6 inches||6 inches||3 inches|
|Power||6 amps||5.5 amps||14.4 volt battery, rechargeable|
|Cord Length||25 feet||20 feet||Cordless|
|Weight||6 lbs||4.8 lbs||3.8 lbs|
|Warranty||1 Year||1 Year Limited||1 Year|
Eureka 71B Hand-Held Vacuum
Compare to similar items
This item Eureka EasyClean Corded Hand-Held Vacuum, 71B
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||7 x 15 x 7 in||5.5 x 17.25 x 7.75 in||5 x 10 x 8 in||5 x 12 x 7 in||5 x 10 x 8 in||6.5 x 15 x 8.5 in|
|Item Weight||3.5 lbs||3.8 lbs||4.2 lbs||3.8 lbs||4.65 lbs||5 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
"Vacuum stopped working after X uses/N years." That was the predominant complaint, sparks and smoke and vacuum broke. Many of the reviewers who sent their Eurekas to the Great Vacuum too soon seemed to be using them as replacements for full-sized vacuum cleaners: three flights of stairs, several area rugs, hotel lobbies, etc. I planned to use mine to clean up the occasional kitchen spill and kitty-litter dusting--no sucking marathons, just little sprints here and there. Could there have been honestly defective units among these? Sure! I mean, the FDA allows for up to 60 insect fragments per 3.5 oz of chocolate, so a defect in three out of every 1000 Eurekas is nothing to get all huffy and litigious about.
"Vacuum is too heavy." Again, an easy-to-dismiss complaint for me. Step 1: read product specs and ascertain that product weighs 7 pounds. Step 2: lift a bag of potatoes to get a feel for what 7 pounds is like. Step 3: conclude that I can hold seven pounds for the thirty seconds or so it will take me to clean up the flour and popcorn that have peppered the kitchen floor. Step 4: be pleasantly surprised that the 7 pounds referred to the shipping weight, and that the Eureka sans box weighs (according to my bathroom scale) a featherlight 5.4 pounds. Step 5: determine that if the Eureka were a bar of chocolate, then the FDA would be OK if it contained up to 1500 insect fragments.
"Vacuum blows dust everywhere." This was perhaps the most serious of the warnings that I read. After all, vacuums need to exhaust all that air somewhere, and I have noticed this issue with some uprights, especially on hardwood & tile floors. I took solace in the overwhelmingly positive reviews, especially those that addressed the suck-and-blow issues. In particular, one reviewer noted that the vacuuming should be done by pushing the Eureka away from you and not towards you since the exhaust was stronger under the Eureka's belly. That's how I vacuum anyway--plus, I identified, since the exhaust is stronger under my belly as well--so I took a chance. So far, there has been no exhaust problem, no blowing stuff around.
"Power cord is hard to store." As I see it, there are four options for power cord management. Option one: get a cordless handheld vacuum, put up with weaker suction, leave unit constantly charging and sucking power, replace batteries every couple of years once they reach the end of their recharge cycle. Option two: get a short-corded handheld vacuum and plan to spill beans only near electrical outlets. Option three: get one of those internal-storage crank widgets that are a pain to operate or else spring-loaded with an angry and temperamental spring. Option four: to store, wrap the long cord around the base in the time that it takes you to say wrap wrap wrap wrap wrap wrap wrap wrap wrap.
"Hose suction is weak." Nope, it's strong. The same motor powers both the hose and the main unit. And the hose is ridiculously easy to use, requiring none of the attach/detach acrobatics of most vacuums.
"Vacuum requires screwdriver to turn on." This must have been written by Edward's younger brother, Johnny Screwdriverhands.
"Vacuum doesn't work in Australia." Well that settles it then: I'm not moving to Australia.
It simply was not built to last.
Adding up three 7-minute duty cycles, I can already see fray and wear on the brushes. Especially the outer ones. Not good. I am hearing that you can order parts, but replacing them on your own is iffy. I am game. But I guarantee you, the brushes will need replacement before the filter does.
Speaking of which, the filter is a taxidermist's delight. It neatly stacks pet hair in the filter! That is cool. It is also nice that the fill bin is front and center so you can immediately see what you are getting. And all that jive about the exhaust fan? It is not emissions. Emissions would be what you are supposed to be vacuuming up leaking back into the exhaust. Not the case. But the exhaust is fierce. Why? Two reasons. It's a kick-ass little vacuum, and that air has to go somewhere. And, because the motor is so strong, and the damn thing has heating issues anyway, it needs to be constantly cooling itself.
So that's it. The guy who said you basically rent it for a few months may have it right. It's sad. Planned obsolescence and all. But when it works, it really works. Eureka should have a recycling program for this unit or shame on them. Or, they could make it more user-serviceable. Or, they could just charge more and make one that lasts. But Eureka definitely needs to make a move soon here.
1) Long cord long enough to go all the way to the top of my stairs
2) Riser Visor - allows you to do the sides and tops of stairs
3) Crevice Tool - Easily stored on device for corners and floor boards
4) Power - My stairs are Animal hair free
1) Item is a bit heavy but manageable. Had to use two hands 1/2 way up the stairs. However still so much easier than a full size vacuum that I'll deal
2) Hair clung to the filter making it really hard to clean off. I had to use a paper towel to remove the debris and still couldn't get it as clean as I'd like
3) You can't Wash the filter, or get it wet at all for cleaning. I can see having to replace this filter several times.
Overall, this is a powerful little machine that is strong enough tackle the zoo of animals in my home. Where I wish it was lighter, i'm afraid that would take away from some of the power. Very happy with my purchase.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
First off, the suction power is depressing. The bristles that rotate are extremely weak and can easily get jammed.Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
See the Top Rated Vacuums in our Vacuum Reviews page. Or, see our lists of the Best Vacuums for Pet Hair, the Best Vacuums for Hardwood Floors, and the Best Vacuums for Carpets