Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on July 29, 2015
I got this and took it into school. When I opened it and started getting ready to put it up I noticed that if you match the lines up, the paper is not lined up, and if you line the paper up, the lines do not match. I didn't feel like returning it and there probably was not another Dr Seuss one so I lined up the lines and cut it where it would show. Maybe not a huge deal to some people but it would bug me all year long looking at it like that and with the amount of stuff I need to do, altering it should not be needed.
25 people found this helpful
on March 8, 2016
The contents of this bulletin board set was not exactly clear from the description and picture shown. I took a chance on it anyway, and am pleased with the purchase. The dimensional poster is 17 X 24 and needs to have the 'dimension' added by layering with the enclosed foam tape and add-on pieces. It makes a nice poster and comes with three Dr. Seuss quotes and the words "Learn" and "Imagine." I have included photos of what you get in the package and then the end product. It would be helpful if pictures like this were available in the description as it was a bit difficult to understand what was included.
7 people found this helpful
on July 1, 2016
Dr Suess is one of my favorite doctors! (Dr Who being the other favorite.) I am redoing my classroom this year in Dr. Suess. At first I thought I would try to make my own classroom rules using quotes, but this set is so much easier. It is fun and gets the point across without the extra help. What school teacher has all that extra time to waste reinventing the wheel? These are a great size too! I try each product I review prior to leaving a review to ensure the quality. I rely heavily on reviews when making purchases from online marketplaces. It is my goal to also leave responsible, reliable reviews for others. Your feedback helps me do just that so if you find my review to be helpful, please hit the button to tell me so.
3 people found this helpful
on December 6, 2015
High quality. Large. They came flat in big box. My daughter and son loves them!
11 people found this helpful
on June 17, 2012
I teach English conversation in Japan and was excited to find an alphabet bulletin board set which featured a Dr. Seuss theme. Unfortunately, the great graphics were accompanied by glaring errors and flimsy construction. Although the product image does NOT show the stroke order graphics which are on the actual product (very misleading), many of the actual stroke order graphics are ridiculously unintuitive. For example, the lower-case "e" graphic shows a stroke order for writing the "e" as #1 write the lower-case "c", and #2 draw a line from the BACK middle section of the "c" to the front top line of the "c" to make the lower-case "e". I have never seen it written this way, and having children see it this way on a regular basis is not a good thing. The letters D, M, N, V, W also have ridiculous stroke order graphics included, which I will need to fix manually before decorating my classroom with them. In addition, there is a picture above each letter of the alphabet (the best part of this product is the Dr. Seuss pictures) which has some text underneath in the usual Dr. Seuss rhyming tradition. While MOST of the letters include text underneath the picture with interesting rhymes and alliteration, etc. there are 2 letters of the alphabet that have only one word: "E" only has "elephant" written, and "X" only has "xylophone" written. It would not have been difficult to keep the theme consistent by making these letters have text in the same theme as the rest of the letters (i.e.- elephant in a tent, ellie the elephant, etc.); even worse, although the letter "X" has "xylophone" written underneath, the picture is of a red creature holding an AXE over his shoulder- totally messed up that one. Again, I will need to manually fix this and other glaring errors. Another issue I have with the pictures and accompanying text occurs with the letter "N," which is a picture of 3 bear-like creatures wearing bow ties. The text writes "Nice New Neckties"- I guess a bow tie technically IS a type of necktie, but this can be confusing when teaching students of other languages how to speak English and use its vocabulary consistent with its use in the English language in America (where Theodor Seuss Geisel is from). They are called bow ties in America for a reason, and neckties are not considered the same thing in everyday American English, which is something that needs to be excplained to students, if not AGAIN manually fixed on the actual product (i.e.- Beautiful Bright Bowties). Finally, and this is really frustrating, the product is not laminated. For a product that is teachning the basic alphabet and numbers from 0-9, this should be targeted for pre-school aged children. As a product intended to be used as and advertised as a "bulletin board" that will most likely have children touching along with an ABC song as they learn their ABCs, it is woefully inadequate in terms of durability. One misplaced tug and it will tear, one misplaced crayon and it is ruined, cannot be wiped clean. I will have to spend extra cash to laminate each panel for durability in the classroom.

With such a great idea, a MUCH better job could have and should have been done with the exectution, and I would even go as a far to suggest the product is terribly misleading with its advertising, which Amazon should be aware of and the manafacturers should correct as well as make amends with customers who purchased a product based on misleading advertising and containing incompetent errors.
40 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on February 23, 2016
Let me start this off by saying that I absolutely LOVE Dr. Seuss and these letters. However, I gave them the rating of 3 stars because they are not even. By that I mean When you try to line them up they end up being an half an inch higher or lower if you were to line them up side by side. In order for me to hang them on the wall, I had to cut them to make them even. It is a great product if not for that. I saw that someone else had posted a review about that before purchasing it, but it is extremely frusterating when trying to hang then on a bulliten board or in my case on the wall. Color abd quality are amazing and picture quality is fantastic.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2011
My kids really enjoy Dr. Seuss and since we are working on phonics - I thought I would purchase this. If your child is very familiar with Dr. Seuss, this is a great tool to use when teaching phonics. In fact, many Dr. Seuss books (particularly the rhyming books with plenty of "made up" words) are a great way to teach phonics to children, so the two go hand in hand.
You get five large boards: 1) Consonants, 2) Vowels, 3) Beginning Blends, 4) Ending Blends, and 5) Digraphs
The boards feature pictures of various characters from Dr. Seuss books. I like that they feature characters from not just the major books like Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham, but also books like Hop on Pop.
The reason for 4 stars and not five is that the boards fall into a trap the fells many phonic programs - and that is trying so hard to stay in a style they ignore the actual phonic sound. For instance the consonant board features and x-ray for the letter "x". While this is appropriate for teaching letters, it isn't for teaching phonics. For simple words, it is best to feature words like "fox" and "box" which have the consonant at the end, but utilize the more appropriate sound. If you teach the phonic sound for "x" from the word "x-ray", the child quickly learns to violate this rule for most of the sounds they encounter. It also falls short on phonics because it features too few sounds. In trying to isolate the sound, it introduces only the hard "c" sound. While this is common in many phonics programs, it still is problematic, especially in today's society when even young children know what a "cell phone" and even the word "city" isn't out of the reach of most 1st graders.
So, use it as a great way to reinforce phonics and like I said, I am a big fan of using Dr. Seuss books when teaching phonics. We use Bob Books and throwing in Dr. Seuss definitely helps with the monotony.
If a child isn't familiar with Dr. Seuss, some of the boards will be hard to understand. I can see a school teacher using them during Dr. Seuss week, having them in a Dr. Seuss section of a library, or in a home school classroom. I would definitely recommend them, just make sure to tell your child they are just a sample and not complete for phonic sounds.
12 people found this helpful
on January 22, 2015
These have been so helpful to have in our Dr. Suess themed homeschool classroom. It makes referencing different phonics to the kids easy and they love looking through them to find what they need. I did get them laminated so they would last longer. They are a very good size and easy to ready.
review image
7 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2015
This is a great product. I love how big it is. It makes decorating my son's room a breeze. Just a little minor thing. If you're putting this up on dry wall, be sure you use LONG pieces of transparent tape. Little 1 inch pieces won't hold these pieces up very well...especially the large ones. So go for 8 to 10 inch pieces and you'll have no problem.
2 people found this helpful
on May 17, 2016
Extremely pleased with the paper magic group of Dr. Seuss fun. The card stock is high quality, colorful, and the quotes are appropriate for graduation. The pieces are the perfect size to mount for yard signs and/or behind the display tables. The product is reasonabably priced and I would recommend this product as an option for graduation decore. Outstanding.