Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 24 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on October 1, 2011
I purchased this tent while searching with a few very specific things in mind -- moderate price, ease of setup, cool in warmer weather, enough room for our family, and a bathtub bottom to keep us dry in the rain.

In general, I would say this tent has definitely met my expectations. We've used it several times now, for very primitive camping trips and also some backyard camping as well. The large mesh sides are wonderful for ventilation and we don't wake up as soon as the sun starts shining because we're dying of heat stroke like has happened in every other tent I've owned. We live in the hot humid south, so this is a Very Big Deal indeed. It goes together easily enough, but fair warning -- this tent is a lot taller than it looks in the pictures (I obviously didn't look too closely at the little diagram, haha) and I can't put the rain fly on without a second person because I'm too short (5'0"). I can get the rest of it done alone, though attaching the center / top to the poles is a bit tricky because it's so tall. It's defnitely roomy-- where most tents say they sleep 4 and you would MAYBE think about getting 3 in there comfortably, I could see how you could easily fit 5 people and not be ridiculously cramped. I also love that it's got a high "ceiling" -- I can stand up straight and have a good 6" or more of clearance to the top in the center, which is great for getiing dressed and laying out bedding, etc. We haven't dealt with any rain on our trips yet, so I can't speak to how well it performs in poor weather.

A few additional items of note: it came with plenty of stakes for staking out the rain fly, but only two lines were inluded. Not sure if we got shorted, or if just they intend for you to buy more, but we had to purchase additional lines to get the job done properly. The gear loft is great, and I love that it can be used hanging in front of the back window as well. The tent came with a very small area (about the size of a quarter) of mesh that seems to be stresed / pulled on the front top area. It's a small enough area that it shouldn't present any major concerns with bugs, but it's definitely something to keep an eye out for. Lastly, the zipper on the front door is just... poorly designed, I guess. It doesn't track well around the bottom and side of the door, and it always always catches on the little flap that's supposed to keep the rain out. Again, not a huge deal, but I'm sure I would think differently in a downpur situaton where I needed to get in and out very quickly. I am concerned that the zipper i going to be the weakest link, though, and will end up needing to be replaced. That little flap also keeps you from being able to tell at a glance where the zipper is located if it happens to be underneath. That's easily remedied with a colored piece of ribbon or something similar attached to the zipper, though.

Bottom line - it's a great value for the price. I don't feel like this will be like our last Eureka tent (which lasted for a good 10-15 years of heavy use) due to some possible quality issues (zipper, mesh, etc), but I'm very pleased with the purchase and feel like we will definitely get our money's worth out of it.
on September 16, 2011
I hate tents but this one I got set up in 5 minutes after I discovered a trick plus I watched a YouTube video on setting it up. The trick I discovered is to take some duct tape and wrap a 6 inch long piece at the base of every pole where it connects to the pin at each corner of the tent base. It will be like having 4 human helpers. Then just unzip the tent door, walk in while grabbing the 2 long poles,and tie them off at the top center of the tent.Then you can just start attaching the clips to the poles and she goes up quick. You can take the duct tape off or leave it on,doesn't matter.
Putting the fly on was a bit tricky. There are 2 short poles and the fly must be oriented correctly front to back. Look for sleeves up under the ends of the fly to put the pole ends into with a bit of a tight arc. These ends of the fly project outwards a foot or so and provide you with more ventilation with the fly in place. I have a 2 man tent, that when the fly is in place, there is zero ventilation and it feels like you are in a sauna.Not so with the Tetragon 9. Finish tying the fly down to the corners of the tent.
I had room for a 7 foot cot and my large ice chest and an aisle inside the tent and for the first time in my life I was able to change clothes inside my tent with its 6 foot high center height without having to be a contortionist. There is no way you could put 6 campers in this tent unless they were all kids and packed in like sardines.I would say 2 cots and some gear would be about it for adults using this tent.
We had some lite rain during the night but in the morning found NO LEAKS or puddles. I am assuming the good ventilation kept condensation from forming. My other tents I will either give to Good Will or put on Ebay.
Ths Eureka Tetragon 9 is THE Tent to have for people who hate tents and the price was right at Amazon. Incidentally, it came down quickly and I was actually able to roll it up and stuff everything back into the included sack with no problems.
on January 16, 2011
I have used this tent several times now, it is my four wheel driving tent for when I have my partner and or kids along because it is huge. It is easy to put up and take down for one person and has plenty of room (I am 6 foot 3 inches tall). It fits a queen size air bed with plenty of extra floor room around the edges. The tent itself is not sprawling so it fits into a reasonable patch of land even if things are tight. I think it will be fine in the rain based on my other Eureka tent, unless the rain is virtually horizontal because of the wind, in which case it may let rain in under the eaves (not yet experienced).

Besdides the amazing price, to me the most impressive thing is that the tent was delivered to a P.O.Box in Australia promptly with no hassles. This was a revelation and I am going to buy lots more through amazon going forward.
on July 21, 2009
I took this tent to the Adirondacks for car camping and found it to be the best tent I've ever used. We had a lot of rain and no water came in at all, even with the door partially open and the window completely open. The brim of the fly protected both openings well. After the rains, other tents in the campground were covered in tarps for more protection. We needed none of that. We were completely dry inside. Also, the ventilation is so good that no condensation forms inside. Two people can be VERY comfortable, and the center is 6 feet tall, so we could walk in and stand. I recommend a tarp underneath, and that you buy extra line and stakes to stake down the fly. GREAT product for the price.

I took this tent to a campground in Chincoteague this past weekend, and found it stood up to 40 mile an hour wind gusts. Other tents came down, including my screen tent, but this tetragon held up amazingly well! I highly recommend staking down the fly though. I'm not sure this tent would have performed so well without that.
on July 7, 2012
Purchased this tent for my 7 year old son and I to camp in with Cub Scouts. I am very happy with the tent - I can put it up by myself in probably less than 30 minutes - my son is not much help :). Recommend putting a tarp underneath to keep it clean. Takedown is equally as easy. Inside, there is plenty of room for 2-3 people - we use a king size airmatterss. I would say 4 people would be tight but doable. No complaints so far.
on July 6, 2011
I purchased this tent for a family campout. It provided plenty of room for my family of 5. Rain was not an issue for the fly during intermittent rain squalls and the bathtub floor stayed dry as well. Setting the tent up without directions was a breeze and took about 10 minutes. I have slept in the tent without the fly and I don't think you can find a tent that gives you any more mesh protection. I t seemed like I was sleeping with no walls at all. Great buy!
on May 31, 2014
Great size, easy to put up, good air circulation, keeps rain out, compact. We had 2 twin size air mattresses and a pool float in this tent and still had room for a fan and our suitcases at the end of our 'beds.'
on September 27, 2009
We are very happy with this tent. We were looking for a little bit bigger one that we could stand up and change clothes in. We needed a tent that we could keep our clothes dry and us warm. It is more of a summertime tent than a cold weather tent. It's perfect for just the two of us and a big dog...not much room for more.
on July 24, 2011
We are very happpy with this tent, I have had many Eureka tents and this exact one once before that I destroyed through neglect. Happy to have it back again! Easy to set up, lots of screen for clear nights and you can stand up inside. Nothing fancy, just a good basic tent for a family.
on June 13, 2012
So far, so awesome. Easy to set-up, and everyone seems to think it's a great tent. The overhead compartment is nice so that you can keep valuable up high too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.