Truck Reviews Beauty Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on October 3, 2004
A time-saver and a pleasure to use without effort. Do not need to apply any hand-pressure. I like the continuous steam feature on the handle. I highly recommend the purchase of this steam generator iron!
3 people found this helpful
on September 25, 2013
I found this unit second hand and when I brought it home, sure enough, it dripped from the base and steam was not being directed to the vents of the sole plate. I took it apart and found that famous little 2" hose to be split causing the handle to heat and allowed steam and eventually water to escape uncontrolled. I attempted to purchase a small piece of hose but found that it would not withstand the heat and melted thus leaking after 10 seconds. To solve the problem of not being able to purchase a replacement 2" hose, I clamped the sturdy hose from the cord directly to the port on the iron. It works great! Steam escapes only through the vents of the iron, no leaking, no dripping, cool handle. I can only thank a previous writer for being so detailed about her problem. I have no idea how much a new unit is, but I am extremely pleased with this second hand unit, obviously discarded because of the common cracked hose problem.
One person found this helpful
on June 1, 2005
I bought this iron despite some of the negative results, and after about a year of weekly use - wouldn't you know it - it happened to me too!

First, let me say that when this iron works, its works AWESOME. There is no better way to effortlessly iron clothes than with low-heat and steam. This iron is by far the best iron I have ever owned.

Now the flaw: Yes, I can confirm what others have complained about - the iron breaks. Steam stops coming out of the bottom of the iron and the handle gets VERY hot. I am a bit of a tinkerer, so I took mine apart. Here is what I discovered:

The steam transfer tube between the primary hose and the iron's internals is completely inadequate, and deteriorates under prolonged high-heat.

This tube, about 2 inches long, will form small holes and may sheer off completely (mine did both), although the rubber "feels" like it should be fine. When this happens, there will be less and less (if no) steam coming out of the irons steam holes on the bottom plate. Instead, the pressure leaks into the plastic handle. If it builds up enough, you could severely burn yourself, if not also cause an injury due to dropping the iron on yourself.

This is a serious defect in the manufacturing of this device, that they did not use more adequate tubing throughout the entire unit. There is an obvious tube quality difference between this 2-inch piece, from the tube that feeds in from the handle. Why they would choose to use inferior rubber for a 2-inch piece of tubing is beyond me.

I went to the hardware store and replaced the tubing with quality materials, and my unit is working fine again. This can be an easy fix for anyone inclined to dissemble their iron - but I would strongly caution against anyone buying this unit new if they are still shipping with this problem, as you could sustain serious injury because of it.
70 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 31, 2015
i HAVE HAD THIS UNIT FOR 5-8 YEARS TRULY LOVED IT -- BUT TODAY IT STARTED SMOKING AND I WAS ABLE TO UNPLUG BUT DO NOT KNOW WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF I HAD LEFT THE ROOM WITH UNIT ON FOR A TIME. BASE UNIT SO HOT IT MELTED THE BOTTOM OFF LEAVING A HUGE HOE IN BoTTOM , I'm in the market now for a new iron but not sure what to get but it will not be this particular model
on December 12, 2005
Like other owners of this product I am very pleased with the ironing capabilities. There are only two issues that I have with this product. The first, and of course major, concern is the heat of this iron. Placing the iron on its rest has caused severe damage & melting of the rest. Luckily no fire was accompanied. The second issue that I have is the Safety/Filler Cap. The gasket, on the cap, seems to wear out quickly. I have replaced the cap twice already but it still keeps leaking. I have tried to purchase ONLY the gasket but they WILL NOT sell me just the gasket. They make you purchase the entire cap at over $30.00 where as I only need the gasket. Can ANYONE please help me obtain another source for this gasket with out having to purchase the entire cap? Please! Your help will be GREATLY appreciated! [...]. THANK YOU!
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on April 26, 2004
Love the iron - but it falls too easily off the canister. After about the third or fourth fall to the floor - the steam became inconsistent and the ease of keeping a consistent stream of steam is no more! I was sorry to see it break and hesitate to purchase another one at such a high price tag.
6 people found this helpful
on March 1, 2004
I have owned this iron for about 18 months and I tell everyone not to buy any other iron. I have used regular steam irons, probably 30 or more in the last 40 years, and this one is hands-down the only one that truly works. It is light since the water is not in the iron you are handling, the steam is plentiful and wrinkles just melt away. I can iron for about 2 hours on one fill-up of the water tank. My only suggestion for improvement is there needs to be a gauge on the water tank since it is easy to overfill the reservoir. But that is a minor inconvenience for the superb ironing that you can produce with this product. It's worth the money.
10 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2004
Just received this product and if you want to shorten your time at the ironing board this is the item you want. Linen blouse pressed out in 2 minutes. I hate ironing but based upon my trial of this item last night recommend this to anyone. The iron does not have the water so there is less weight. The steam shoots out about 18 inches. Highly recommend.
11 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2005
I was so impressed with this iron for the first six months. Then the handle started getting as hot as the bottom of the iron. You literally could not hold onto the handle to use it. Nothing I did made any differance. One day it was fine, and out of the blue sky, for no reason at all, it just stopped working right. The Euro-Pro people have a great product here, but they need to figure out why this happens to the handle. I would definately buy another one if this problem was solved.
9 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2005
The iron was great at first, did a wonderful job, and saved alot of time. But then it broke, steam wouldn't come out and the handle became too hot to hold. We repaired it ourselves and found that the internal steam hose had broken. It worked for a short while but quickly broke again after about 3 uses. Reaching ANYONE at the Euro-pro company for help was frustratingly impossible, and their available parts and services were not sufficient to help with my problem. I would never buy ANY product from Euro-pro ever again. Customer service is extremely poor.
20 people found this helpful