Euro-Pro Shark S3501 Steam Pocket Mop with 3 Quick Release Mop Heads and 4 Pads
|Price:||$89.99 + $12.22 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight steam mop for cleaning sealed hard-floor surfaces
- Ready in 30 seconds; releases steam with push-forward motion of mopping, 2-sided cleaning
- Leaves floors virtually dry; extra-large water tank; no toxic chemicals required
- Measures 7 by 13 by 51-1/2 inches; comes with 3 quick-release mop heads: Rectangular, Triangular, XL Open Area
- 4 washable and reusable pads for 2 sided cleaning: 1 Rectangular Pad, 1 Triangular Pad, 1 XL Open Area Pad, 1 Steam Duster Pad
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Quick, easy, lightweight and ergonomic. The shark steam mop is ready to use in 30-seconds. Safe to use on all sealed hard floor surfaces. Uses ordinary tap water for a chemical-free clean. 180-Degrees of maneuverability helps you be able to clean baseboards and in-between furniture. 3 interchangeable mop heads are included, the XL open area, the rectangle and triangle heads. Also included, the carpet glider to refresh and deodorize area rugs and carpeting and 4 two-sided pads.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I HATE cleaning floors! I'm more of a carpet person, so for me to say I love this product is absolutely amazing. I had a Hoover FloorMate (which I purchased 7 years ago), but it was ALOT of effort to clean up AFTER ... and it only had the brush scrubbers (so it didn't really WIPE the floors clean) AND it required the special Hoover cleaner (which I ruined mine by using Pine Sol ... which it specifically says not to use). Then I moved to the cheaper (although, not really after you buy all of the disposable pads and cleaner) Swiffer Wet Jet. It was ok for the quick clean-ups, IF my floor was already pretty much clean to begin with. But the Swiffer Wet Jet never CLEANED my floors. It was EXTREMELY frustrating to spend time and money cleaning and then STILL see the dirty sock bottoms (which meant the floors weren't really clean).
PLEASE NOTE: There are TWO (2) versions of the NEWER MODEL steam mop ... the PURPLE version has 2 heads (rectangle and triangle) with 5 PADS (2 rectangle, 2 triangle, 1 purple duster) and the SILVER/metallic version has 3 heads (XL rectangle, rectangle and triange) and 4 PADS (1 XL rectangle, 1 rectangle, 1 triangle, 1 purple duster). Both have the carpet glider. The XL kit, as well as extra PADS can all be purchased separately. I bought mine at Newegg.
The things I like about the Euro Pro Shark Steam Pocket Mop are ...
1. It has a LONG 30ft. cord so you are not constantly plugging and unplugging,
2. It has sturdy/thick microfiber machine washable/reusable TWO-SIDED pads (all of the stains don't come out, but they have held up VERY well to repeated washings),
3. It has a LARGE water tank, so you are not constantly re-filling the tank,
4. It has a SWIVEL head (3 different HEAD sizes/shapes) that FLIPS for two-sided cleaning,
5. It really STEAMS while cleaning and gets off the built on dirt,
6. It cleans WITHOUT any chemicals ... only tap water (I prefer using hot water),
7. It HEATS up quickly (under a minute ... although I usually let it heat for 5 minutes).
Things you should know ...
1. As with mopping, you need to vacuum or sweep BEFORE steam mopping (do this WHILE the mop is heating up).
2. Filling with hot water worked best for me.
3. PUMP/prime the mop about 10 times before you start mopping (this gets the STEAM really going).
4. Make sure you have AT LEAST 2 pads (4-sides of cleaning), especially if your floors are dirty.
5. Do NOT keep using the same pad side once it is dirty (so, check the bottom as you go) or your floors will not be cleaned and look streaky when they dry.
6. I don't *think* this mop actually gets hot enough to really sanitize (I'm not sure if any of them do), but I spray/squirt some vinegar on the floor as I go and mop over that and it seems to work.
7. The steam mop is made of hard plastic, so I'm not sure how well the handle itself is going to last over time with repeated pumpings, etc. I've noticed several reviewers commenting on a broken handle. I would say there is alot of truth in that ... since the manufacturer sells JUST the HANDLE for ~$30 as a "replacement part" on its website ... and I personally think that is an odd "replacement" part (so they must have ALOT of handles breaking). Still, I have not found anything else that does the job like this mop.
Overall, I am VERY HAPPY with this mop! Actually, don't mind (as much) cleaning the floors now ... since they do truly get clean!
UPDATE April 2011: My mop is still working fine with no issues (thank goodness). The pads are heavily stained (even Clorox won't get the stains out) and have started to wear through and need to be replaced. My mom also purchased one a few months after I did and her handle broke within a month of very LIGHT use. The manufacturer was useless in helping her and said that she could buy the replacement handle (no thank you) or PAY to have it shipped back to them to inspect and fix or replace (their option). Anyway, she just returned it where she purchased it and got all of her money back. I would say that this mop does appear to have QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES. If you get a good one, consider yourself LUCKY. If you get a bad one (which the chances are greater than 50/50), then hopefully you purchased from a store with an EXCELLENT and longer-lasting RETURN POLICY as the manufacturer will NOT help you. It also appears that some of these quality control issues could be dangerous (beyond a broken handle). I am still using mine and happy with the results, but am now a little more cautious.
Most recent customer reviews
instead.My shark died after not much use,glad it did..