Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 10, 2017
This has been our second one we have bought. First one lasted for about 10 years and this one is beyond 5 years already. We use in small office. We have carpet and linoleum. We use it moderately in the week. Performs well. Small compact fits well in a corner. The only thing about this one is the electrical charging cord. We have to insert with your hand as in the prior you just set in into a charger on floor.
on June 19, 2015
That thing never stayed charged. I gave the handle to a neighbor because theirs broke after a month. I chucked the rest.
on January 24, 2004
Granted, I just got my sweeper two days ago and have used it for only one day, but so far I do not see any of the problems that others have listed in reviews here. Ditto for my mom, who has had one since Christmas. She loves hers and finds it ultra easy for an elderly person to use. Like me, she has poor arm strength and finds it difficult to use ordinary sweepers and vacuums without having a lot of pain afterward. This gizmo is lightweight, a breeze to use, and it picks up extremely well. It's also very easy to empty the dirt out of the "catch" container. Some dust clings to the sweeeper's exterior because of static, so I use a Swiffer pad to wipe it off after use. That works quite well. Be sure to read the instructions and follow them (there's info about how to get the most performance out of the battery, and there's also guidance on how to put the sweeper together). I want to stress that it takes some muscle power to put the multiple "stick" pieces together. They must also be inserted in a specific configuration because one is designed to attach only to the curved plastic handle. I read some reviews about how the sweeper fell apart while in use. I can see how that would happen if someone fails to push the "stick" pieces together firmly enough. That's what happened when my mom's sweeper was put together the first time, but then the problem was immediately remedied when we applied more force to putting the pieces together. Also, I think the part you hold onto -- the plastic handle -- goes in a counter-intuitive position, and I'm wondering if those with problems have put the handle on incorrectly (i.e. backwards). It's an ergonomic design that curves in a direction that's exactly opposite of what one would expect. Be sure to position it correctly. Every part of this sweeper should lock together firmly and permanently if you use enough muscles when you fit them together, with the exception of the chrome part that slips into the ribbed plastic piece that's attached to the sweeper body. It stays in place just fine while sweeping, but is designed so you can easily take the handle off the sweeper by pulling it apart at that junction. That way, you can use the sweeper as a hand-held sweeper on steps or other non-floor applications. Mom and I hope we will not encounter the problems others have mentioned here, and so far, so good. I will post again if our sweepers ever let us down. If you have cats, you'll love the way cat hair picks up, along with scattered pet food and tracked litter. The Shark is wonderful at grabbing things like that, and it's doing a fine job on my carpeting (better than my $350 vacuum does!). Be sure to avoid letting things like fringe on area rugs feed into the Shark. Pulling them out again can damage the sweeper. Again, READ the instructions and follow them. I suspect that may be crucial to getting the most from this product.
5 helpful votes
on January 29, 2004
After reading so many negative reviews, had to give my opinion.
I have had my Shark for a YEAR now and I STILL love it. I had to contact the company once after a couple of months. The rubber strip on the bottom of the sweeper came off and wouldn't stay on. I email Euro-Pro and they mailed a new strip right to me. No cost! I charge it about once every 2 weeks and use it several times a week in my kitchen and bath. I have 2 kids and a landscaper husband, I have DIRT!! Mine has not been overly loud, the kids LIKE to use it, I use it occasionally on the carpet for quick pick ups and it performs well. I would buy another if this one quit, I am buying one for my sister's new home with ALL hardwood. I told her she can't go without.
It sounds like Euro-Pro needs to fine tune their manufacturing problems and maybe use better materials to eliminate the problems others are having.
on February 23, 2003
Bought this machine for ceramic tile floors and hardwood floors. It does a very good job picking up dust and small pieces of dirt. On the infomercial, it shows the unit picking up nails, coins, etc. Who needs that?? I hate sweeping the floor since you push dirt all over the place, and I didn't like the idea of paying for consumable products like Swifter, so I tried the Shark. Run time is very long. And, it does do the job. Because the unit works on a rolling brush head, and not suction, I don't think I'd recommend the machine for carpet, despite the claim of the infomercial. I won't have enough power to get down into deep fibers - so stick with a corded vacuum for that applications. But, for flat floors, it's great. The unit assembles in 2 minutes and mine even came charged so I could test it out right away.
on February 24, 2003
I have owned the Shark for about a week now and I can't believe how well it works. It is light weight, small and very maneuverable. It picks up most anything on hard floors and carpeting. I can't believe the stuff it picks up: rice, grated cheese, mashed potatoes, crayons, coins, sand, gravel, etc. I have 3 kids under five yrs old, and my kitchen floor is a disaster after every meal. The shark has been just fantastic. No more crawling on my hands and knees to wipe up sticky rice or wet cereal (which gets stuck to my broom). I also tried it in the car -- although it won't get into the cracks, it did a great job sucking up sand, gravel and crumbs. My 3 yr old daughter also likes to vacuum now, it is so light, she can drive it all over the house!
on April 12, 2003
We have carpet in only a couple of rooms (those where the dogs don't generally go), but we have hardwood floors with runners in every other room so that the dogs don't slip and fall. We have several great danes & 4 small dogs inside all the time. We have other danes who are in and out during the day.
I bought the Shark Cordless Sweeper for the two dogless rooms, but just decided to see what it would do on the mats for the heck of it. Every time I use the Hoover upright, I fill an entire bag...doghair and dust bunnies. I was shocked to find that this little 7 to 8 pound Shark Cordless would clean these mats. I covered all the mats, the carpets, and the floors with a single charge and had power left to spare. I did empty out the dog hair after each large room, but this little appliance is a work horse.
I have just purchased three more to give to customers. I'm ordering a couple more for breeder friends for Christmas. I demo my sweeper to all of our friends and everyone loves it.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
on September 16, 2003
I love my shark and I've owned it for a while now. It's light weight and the edge sweeper helps me get things out of nasty corners. I mostly use it on bare floors, so I'm not running into some of the issues that the other people have are because I'm not trying to use it as a vacuum. I love the head swivel feature. It makes it easy to get around chair legs and obsticles. It's easy to empty and easy to dehair (a big problem in my house.) It does clean the top layer off carpets, but it definately has a hard time doing it. (The motor sounds different.)
If you are looking for a good electric broom. This is what you want. If you're looking for a vacuum, this is not what you want.
on March 29, 2003
I ordered the Euro-Pro UV610SH Shark Cordless Sweeper recently, and been using it for the past month. This sweeper is quite light and very easy to carry around. It works great and really picks up stuff from both tiled floor and carpet. I will admit it does better on tile and marble floors than on thick carpet. We do not have wood or linoleum floors, but would imagine it should do great as well. It is easy to empty and clean. Euro-Pro does not recommend for wet/liquids or strings/long hair and I would agree. It holds its charge well and is handy to have around for that little stuff that gets on your floors, which you do not want to keep bending and picking manually, yet do not want to get your big vacuum out. It certainly is no substitute for actual (deep suction) vacuuming. The only con would be "somewhat loud", but no real complaint. It is great for all these little and frequent jobs (fuzz, cat litter and hair,etc..). Definitely recommend.
on December 8, 2013
It broke about 10 minutes after I turned it on and has never worked right since. It started ok, then make a horrible noise, and then started rattling with the noise. Now when I turn it on it still makes the noise. I should have returned it immediately; don't know why I didn't.