Top critical review
16 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2016
What could have been a useful jig just hasn't been well thought out and ends up being basically useless. I wanted this for mounting 38N Blum hinges but there are several issues.
1. The picture shown is upside down, it goes the other way up and it's the edge of the screws that hold the edge of the door, not the nice big plastic piece.
2. Even with the screws all the way in there is still too much gap meaning the hole is too far in. All of my doors have been drilled with the hole closer to the edge so this can't be adjusted to match them.
3. The small holes shown aren't drill holes for the mounting screws, you have to drill those yourself. They helpfully put little guide dots for half a dozen hinges, none of which match the industry standard Blum 38N Euro Hinges, so you now have a series of unhelpful bumps to push your guide point off center.
4. Where you drill the mounting holes is much thinner underneath so doesn't go all the way down to the door, so if you use a vix bit it can still angle and create a mis-aligned hole.
5. It really needs a built in locking clamp.