EuroTalk Interactive - Talk Now! Learn Tamil
- The "intelligent" software feature remembers words you get wrong and targets your weak points
- Extensive basic vocabulary, from first words, food, colors, phrases, parts of the body and numbers, to telling time, shopping and countries
- Each of the target languages for Talk Now! has help available in an additional 102 languages – simply choose the flag of your native country in the beginning of the program & EuroTalk’s Talk Now! Program will provide instruction in your native language
- Each topic contains listening practice, an easy game, a hard game, a printable dictionary as well as the opportunity to record your voice and hear how you sound in comparison to the two native speakers who tutor the user throughout the Talk Now! course
- Each question that is answered correctly increases the user's score - get an answer wrong and points will be lost. There are 1800 points in total to gain from the disc. A full score earns the user a 'Gold Award'
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Talk Now! is the world's best selling language learning CD-ROM series for beginners, used by more than three million people to date. Designed for newcomers to the language, Talk Now! is the perfect method to access a wealth of comprehensive fundamental vocabulary and accurate pronunciation in one user-friendly plan packed with useful words, a picture dictionary, and quizzes. Anyone over 10 years of age will find the program indispensable for improving listening, understanding and spoken language skills.
Top Customer Reviews
As to the other review that the words are just 'English spoken with an Indian accent,' its true that some of the words are like that but its words for objects like 'credit card' and 'telephone' that didn't always exist in the language.
My only complaint is that the complete sentences they teach you aren't broken down in to their different parts so that you can construct new ones easily on your own, but rather you just memorize how that sentence sounds.
Obviously knowing someone who actually speaks the language would be a big help in learning, but if you don't have one this is probably the next best thing. I also bought a book to try to learn from and this is so much more helpful.
I am very happy with this program and recommend it highly. They also have the audio clips titled so you can load them onto your MP3 player, a valuable asset for me since I'm on the go a lot and don't have time to sit and stare at my computer. EuroTalk is definitely experienced and good at what they do.
My advice...steer clear of this one. Their technology is too proprietary and could easily stop working with future updates to Mac OS or Windows.