Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on April 10, 2012
I found the book slighty hard to follow because some cities along routes are not listed in their country. Then there are areas that are not coverd at all. So it basically they have chosen tour routes and they are comprehensive but some areas that someone might want to visit are totally omitted. I was looking for train scheduals and locations of terminals to plan my own vacation. It is complete in what it has, but not exactly what I would have chosen to plan my own trip because the locations I am visiting are not mentioned in the book. Tom H.
on February 16, 2012
We are planning a trip to Europe and want to take the Eurail. This book has great information about sight seeing besides information about the trains. Great buy!
on October 25, 2013
This book is jammed with good information and helpful details, but since it's not updated, the information is stale, and thus unreliable. However, it does offer a good foundation for learning more about ways to get around by rail in Europe - and the travel student will be able to get current details via the Internet.
on November 16, 2014
I think it is well written but did not find it a useful as I hoped, could have been a little more specific or detailed on things like finding the right track, etc. Still worth getting if you plan to use Eurail, however.
on April 26, 2015
Good guide- although I only used 10% of the material on my trips.
on January 2, 2015
we have nos use it, but seems practical
on July 30, 2013
This book helps to plan base cities with train travel. I have used it before years ago and that's why I bought the newest edition.
on June 18, 2012
While this book may have some good planning tips, Eurail passes are not the value they used to be. A required reservation for a seat from Paris to Lausanne can cost $100 when the entire ticket is only $114. Most of the fast trains require a seat reservation. Years ago when I first travelled with a pass, they didn't have fast trains that required reservations. Only buy a pass if you have all the time in the world.
33 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse